NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I will play even though I mainly follow the Northern Conference.

Swans by 12 goals- A few too many big bodies for the young GWS ressies

Ainslie by 8 goals- Long way back for Belco will improve but Ainsie always strong

Sydney Hills by 15 goals- Uni don't seem to have picked up much and IMO will cop a few hidings this year. Hills a smokey for finals down there with Houlihan, Tungatulam and a few Sydney AFL recruits to strengthen the Sydney AFL premiers further.

Tuggers v Queanbeyan- no real idea but I hear that Tuggers struggle financially and being competitive is going to be difficult. Qbn by 5 goals

Tips for the weekend:
Swans over UWS by 6 goals
Ainslie over Belco by 10 goals
Hills eagles over Sydney Uni by 15 goals
Tuggers over Queanbeyan by 2 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans over Giants
Syd Hills over Uni
Qbn over Tuggers
Ainslie over Belconnen

People will find out soon enough.

Matt Beckmans, the guys who kicked the point to sink Belconnen in the 08 "Unlooseable" Grand Final is the Tigers recruit.

Swans had a side full of top ups that day, it was unrecognizable TBH.

I remember I was calling the game and thought to myself when I saw the team sheets that this could be an embarrassing blow out with Belconnen winning by plenty.

People will find out soon enough.

Matt Beckmans, the guys who kicked the point to sink Belconnen in the 08 "Unlooseable" Grand Final is the Tigers recruit.

Swans had a side full of top ups that day, it was unrecognizable TBH.

I remember I was calling the game and thought to myself when I saw the team sheets that this could be an embarrassing blow out with Belconnen winning by plenty.

last I heard, Beckmans went to the Port Magpies, couldn't get a game in the 1's or the 2's so they sent him to play at port districts. Couldn't get a kick in the div 1 amateurs and ended up playing 2s in the amateurs. i hope QBN have done their research

last I heard, Beckmans went to the Port Magpies, couldn't get a game in the 1's or the 2's so they sent him to play at port districts. Couldn't get a kick in the div 1 amateurs and ended up playing 2s in the amateurs. i hope QBN have done their research

Would not know elong.

Time will tell if good signing or not.

Looking forward to what could be a great potential match up between MacGregor and Curtis tomorrow. One of the biggest recruits of the year against the team of the year CHB. Should be a good challenge for Curtis who did a great job shutting Ben Hughes down on a few occassions last year.

Syd Hills beat Syd Uni by about 3 goals...Very disappointing game to watch, both teams played like they were in the Sydney League. Only positive is both teams will have a lot to work on...
Swans Reserves won by over 100 points

Syd Hills beat Syd Uni by about 3 goals...Very disappointing game to watch, both teams played like they were in the Sydney League. Only positive is both teams will have a lot to work on...
Swans Reserves won by over 100 points

It is hard to know how good (or bad) these teams are until they start playing other sides. In fairness, it is only round 1 and especially when a team has a few recruits it can take a bit of time to gel. I hope for the competitions sake that the new sides are competitive, but if not they will know what is expected for next year.

I am a little nervous when these guys play the Swans,Ainslie etc or the NTh Conference sides, could be some big margins.

Pretty ugly result for Tuggeranong I see also.

I was at Ainslie Oval today and apart from a shocking first quarter where the Pies were still asleep, I was very impressed by them against Ainslie. However the gap was too big and the Tricolours were never threatened at any stage. The Pies will have to improve their discipline in the 2012 season as they gave away at least 5 X 50 m penalties.

I think Rourke has got his players working perfectly using the wings ala Collingwood style out of defence with numerous switches of play to the fat side of the ground. Belco never gave up which shows plenty of potential. I think Belconnen might get 4th or 5th place this year to qualify for the finals. Not so sure about the Giants Reserves depth quality.

Unfortunately it could be a long season for Tuggers looking at the scoreboard.

Big Day out for the tigers yesterday, I guess this means premiership favouratism? Klemke the savior? Kav to Kick 100? Big assumptions but it's fair to say they were quite impressive in what was a day the hawks would be wanting to just erase. Not sure where this leaves tuggaz. Any thoughts??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back