Debutant
Jun 18, 2008
Dubbo
AFL Club
Sydney
My tips,

Ainslie
Giants

Whats the go with Coaches for 2014, I think Rourke (Ainslie) is the only one signed. Not sure about Hills and Uni.

I hear Ainslie have had chats with Burke from Eastlake to get him back in their Footy Program, Footy Manager role???

Lets hope we dont get a Swans v Giants GF.......:(

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
TIPPING COMPETITION FOR FINALS
week 1

....................................ATTEMPTS ........................NAILED ............................PERCENTAGE
ABH ...................................2 ...................................2 .....................................100%
FOOTYTRAGIC222................ 2................................... 1 .......................................50%
ONE4THEROAD.................... 2 ...................................1 ........................................50%
CARLTONDRAUGHT............... 2 ...................................1 ........................................50%
JUSTABARAKER ....................2 ...................................1 ........................................50%

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
Finals Week 2

Sydney Swans v Belconnen - BISP Saturday

Ainslie V UWS Giants - Ainslie Saturday

Show us ya tips !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone can enter - no prize except for bragging rights

My tips:-
Belconnen
Giants

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
Seems a bit sad, doesn't it ?
The likely Eastern Grand finalists are the two teams that none of us is very interested in, and they're not fussed about winning anyway.
While the other seven teams that have at least a little bit of support, just can't cut it this year.

And next year, the led will be out of the saddlebags of Swans and UWS, and our other six teams will be stretched even further.
I don't see how we will be able to compete.

The NEAFL is the worst of all possible options for elite competition......apart from all the other options.

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Follow the NEAFL stats on the website. James Bennett looks like one of the biggest ball magnets I've ever seen. Is he an absolute gun?

footy_tragic222

Debutant
Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Follow the NEAFL stats on the website. James Bennett looks like one of the biggest ball magnets I've ever seen. Is he an absolute gun?

he averages 39.27 disp, 6.2 tackles and 9.16 clearances per game. has only been under 31 disposals once and has had 40 or more 10 times this season including a 52. has to win mulrooney. won bnf at north Adelaide in SANFL last year and got in SANFL team of the year. so to answer your question... yeh he's ok at footy

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
Swans easily accounted for Belconnen today. It was hard to find a Belco player who stood out, though I thought Lokan tried hard all day. They-who-know-these-things nominated better players that I wouldn't have gone with but, hey, what would I know anyway ?
Harris was a disappointment. Ran on with the leg bandage from hell and looked like his leg was mummified. In the first quarter, Swans played a top-up on him (who isn't usually a defender anyway) and Harris hardly got a touch early. Belco persisted in playing to Harris, even though it was a losing move and it took a while for them to figure out that they needed a PLAN B. Lokan ended up playing forward and that was where he made his impression on the game.
Too much pressure and sustained purposeful running from the Swans led to way too many turn-overs from Belco.

The Swans with 12 listed players and ten top-ups were a mile ahead of Belco with 22 listed players. And it will only get worse next year.

Good to see that Ainslie cleaned up the UWS - I'll be interested to hear from anyone who was there and can report for us.

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
week 2

....................................ATTEMPTS ........................NAILED ............................PERCENTAGE
ABH ...................................4 ...................................3 .......................................75%
FOOTYTRAGIC222................ 4................................... 2 ........................................50%
ONE4THEROAD.................... 4 ...................................2 ........................................50%
CARLTONDRAUGHT............... 4 ...................................2 ........................................50%
JUSTABARAKER ....................4 ...................................1 ........................................25%

ZigZagZoner

Debutant
Oct 17, 2011
On the couch
AFL Club
GWS
Swans easily accounted for Belconnen today. It was hard to find a Belco player who stood out, though I thought Lokan tried hard all day. They-who-know-these-things nominated better players that I wouldn't have gone with but, hey, what would I know anyway ?
Harris was a disappointment. Ran on with the leg bandage from hell and looked like his leg was mummified. In the first quarter, Swans played a top-up on him (who isn't usually a defender anyway) and Harris hardly got a touch early. Belco persisted in playing to Harris, even though it was a losing move and it took a while for them to figure out that they needed a PLAN B. Lokan ended up playing forward and that was where he made his impression on the game.
Too much pressure and sustained purposeful running from the Swans led to way too many turn-overs from Belco.

The Swans with 12 listed players and ten top-ups were a mile ahead of Belco with 22 listed players. And it will only get worse next year.

Good to see that Ainslie cleaned up the UWS - I'll be interested to hear from anyone who was there and can report for us.

Hi all,
Been back in Oz for a few weeks now and decided to pop out to see first NEAFL game for a year or so out at Blacktown.
Belconnen were never in the hunt, in fact looked ordinary and if they finished second on the ladder then Id hate to see the bottom sides play. They fumbled all day and agree with above that Lokan looked the only player to match intensity & skill level of game but he is hardly looking fit?
Swans kids looked much smaller in stature but simply ran,ran & ran all day. Magpies players simply didnt man up on opponents at stoppages / kick outs or centre bounces - they rolled the dice all day and got spanked
Speaking with Swans staff after game Jetta only played 50 minutes , they then also rested Lamb in the last and a few others. So last qtr was virtually 7 or 8 listed most of who are first year or rookie listed.
There were some on the field in a Belconnen jumper that looked totally out of depth, particularly their defence where the Swans chipped the ball to each other with ease
Tim Membrey looks a good type kicking 7 and only god knows why Belconnen stuck with no12 on him all day ? he got a bath and was too slow and short for Membrey - a bizarre match up
Due to the warm weather it was obvious The Belconnen boys were absolutely spent by games end chasing tail all arvo. But some look very unfit and overweight for this level or maybe i was comparing them to some of the skinny whippets they were chasing all day??
My Eagles were poor most of the year but had a reasonable last 4 or 5 games but it was all too late according to club friends and need to really ramp up to be competetive next year, a few at my old club are quite nervous about the concept actually as many dont fee we have made the step up in the Eastern Conf yet , let alone going into a full blown comp adding another 7 or 8 quality sides.
No easy wins like Tuggeranong or possible soft cross conference games anymore
Eagles board believes we need at least 2 -3 more AFL & 2-3 more state league level players to take step up
2014 will determine whether the club continues at this level - both financially and physically draining on the club at present

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
Hi all,
Been back in Oz for a few weeks now and decided to pop out to see first NEAFL game for a year or so out at Blacktown.
Belconnen were never in the hunt, in fact looked ordinary and if they finished second on the ladder then Id hate to see the bottom sides play. They fumbled all day and agree with above that Lokan looked the only player to match intensity & skill level of game but he is hardly looking fit?
Swans kids looked much smaller in stature but simply ran,ran & ran all day. Magpies players simply didnt man up on opponents at stoppages / kick outs or centre bounces - they rolled the dice all day and got spanked
Speaking with Swans staff after game Jetta only played 50 minutes , they then also rested Lamb in the last and a few others. So last qtr was virtually 7 or 8 listed most of who are first year or rookie listed.
There were some on the field in a Belconnen jumper that looked totally out of depth, particularly their defence where the Swans chipped the ball to each other with ease
Tim Membrey looks a good type kicking 7 and only god knows why Belconnen stuck with no12 on him all day ? he got a bath and was too slow and short for Membrey - a bizarre match up
Due to the warm weather it was obvious The Belconnen boys were absolutely spent by games end chasing tail all arvo. But some look very unfit and overweight for this level or maybe i was comparing them to some of the skinny whippets they were chasing all day??
ZZZ, you might be right about some of the Belco boys being a bit unfit, but did you notice the style of SHORTS they were wearing ? Baggy and a couple of sizes too big, especially Lokan's.
I had to check twice to be sure - the Swans wore the typical tight "Tippett-type" shorts but Belco looked as if someone had left the bag of shorts back in Canberra and they had to scratch around for any ill-fitting pair that they could find.

Thebigissue

Rookie
Sep 7, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
he averages 39.27 disp, 6.2 tackles and 9.16 clearances per game. has only been under 31 disposals once and has had 40 or more 10 times this season including a 52. has to win mulrooney. won bnf at north Adelaide in SANFL last year and got in SANFL team of the year. so to answer your question... yeh he's ok at footy

footy_tragic222

Either you are James Bennetts unfortunate looking brother or in fact the big headed 'star' midfielder himself dishing out his stats to pump his own tyres.

My money is option A

Get a grip

footy_tragic222

Debutant
Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
footy_tragic222

Either you are James Bennetts unfortunate looking brother or in fact the big headed 'star' midfielder himself dishing out his stats to pump his own tyres.

My money is option A

haha yep you caught me- Lexie here! nah not really. just have access to neafl stats and interested in players form and stats. dont normally enjoy pumping up anything/anyone belco related but they are fairly good stats!
Get a grip

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
week 3

ABH ...................................4 ...................................3 .......................................75%
FOOTYTRAGIC222................ 4................................... 2 ........................................50%
ONE4THEROAD.................... 4 ...................................2 ........................................50%
CARLTONDRAUGHT............... 4 ...................................2 ........................................50%
JUSTABARAKER ....................5 ...................................2 ........................................40%

Porkhead

Senior List
May 15, 2007
Canberra
FINALS WEEK 4

Swans v Belconnen

I tip Swans

Can anyone explain why the GF isn't a curtain raiser to the final in Sydney. Sydney ressies finished on top and this means Belco will have their third home final!!

Good on them but if someone comes back and says the BIG AFL wont allow a curtain raisers than that only serves to add to the argument that local clubs are just there for the convenience of the AFL and the NEAFL isn't that important overall.

chook27

Rookie
Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers
My tips,

Ainslie
Giants

Whats the go with Coaches for 2014, I think Rourke (Ainslie) is the only one signed. Not sure about Hills and Uni.

I hear Ainslie have had chats with Burke from Eastlake to get him back in their Footy Program, Footy Manager role???

Lets hope we dont get a Swans v Giants GF.......:(

Heard today on the grape vine that Hills Eagles have parted ways with Dragicevic. Anyone know any more details?

Back