NEAFL - Northern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree chicka, Neafl eastern spend upwards of $100000 producing that football show which is actually very good. Neafl northern spend $20000 preferring to spend more on development. We seem to have lost our Friday night slot on foxtel, Funky Millar did give me the reason why, but I can't remember.
As for night games I would fixture in a way that it doesn't clash with either suns or lions games weather home or away, hard to do I know but just try to get the best exposure.
Also we need to admit that our print media coverage is nothing short of shithouse up here.
spot on

riodj

Debutant
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
A most magnificent signing for the Sharks in Andrew Macqualter.
This will surely give us the best midfield in the competition along with Burge, Pope, Kiel and Mallan.
He would be a good option to captain/coach next year if Norm steps down as expected.
Might have a very handy Lab player coming across after xmas as well!!

chikka ferguson

All Australian
Feb 27, 2010
airlie beach
AFL Club
Carlton
A most magnificent signing for the Sharks in Andrew Macqualter.
This will surely give us the best midfield in the competition along with Burge, Pope, Kiel and Mallan.
He would be a good option to captain/coach next year if Norm steps down as expected.
Might have a very handy Lab player coming across after xmas as well!!
Good recruit. Talking about Todd Grayson?

Dogwarna

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good recruit. Talking about Todd Grayson?
Macqualter certainly is a very handy pick up will add plenty of class and leadership. They still lack leg speed in the midfield. If its Grayson then that will add outside class and plenty of set up from half back if they choose to play him there. Which I think they will as DJ won't give up the outer wing just yet!!! Also the one you didn't name was Seddon I assume he is staying, he was there best mid with pope against us last yr. Is Baxter staying, easily there best fwd last yr. If he could kick straight his yr could of been anything

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Macqualter certainly is a very handy pick up will add plenty of class and leadership. They still lack leg speed in the midfield. If its Grayson then that will add outside class and plenty of set up from half back if they choose to play him there. Which I think they will as DJ won't give up the outer wing just yet!!! Also the one you didn't name was Seddon I assume he is staying, he was there best mid with pope against us last yr. Is Baxter staying, easily there best fwd last yr. If he could kick straight his yr could of been anything
Hasnt Seddon returned to Kyabram in the GVFL and taken a good player with him .. cant think of his name, but was a good player who got injured late in the season.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hasnt Seddon returned to Kyabram in the GVFL and taken a good player with him .. cant think of his name, but was a good player who got injured late in the season.
I think its Brett Davis..... Thus gaining Macqualter is a plus , but loosing Seddon and Davis, leaves them with a loss in improvement in reference to this issue only.. but if they pick up Grayson, well that would be a big gain. Grayson is a gun.

Blackdog32

Senior List
Apr 27, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Love your loyalty Blackdog32 - no it is not Grayson. Just one of the 20 odd you have training. Will be a loss however.

I reckon loyalty is important Rio. Your spy might need to take someone to count our training numbers they obviously used all their own fingers and toes and got confused.

We've had a dew attempted raids on different players, none successful. A few disgraceful attempts also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blackdog32

Senior List
Apr 27, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Seddon was the best mid we played against also, very handy player. As was Davis, added some leg speed down back.

All this talk of 3 of the top 5 set is rubbish. The lions will still be handy but have lost a truckload of experience and quality. The suns made the 5 on percentage last season and had to reduce their list aswell as lost experience.

chikka ferguson

All Australian
Feb 27, 2010
airlie beach
AFL Club
Carlton
Certainly have lost some very handy experienced players but on the other hand Vossy should get back some handy long term players from injury in Luenbueger,Staker etc.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Think its a given that Suns and Lions will be in the top 5 BD - how could they not be with every player basically a professional? Suns may have lost a few but they also have 80% of their group with 4 preseasons under their belt come 2013. Lions will be very good as their senior group improves as well. Their preseasons are a fair bit tougher than the best NEAFL non AFL club (and so they should be). Its not a criticism of other clubs, just an observation and will hold true if injuries are kind to the Lions/Suns I reckon - time will tell i spose.

Dogwarna

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Some nice banter there lads, it's just unfortunate it's about the apparent poaching of each others players. I never had a drama if a player left due to the fact he couldn't get a game after giving everything he had but just couldn't crack it. Adam Cooke comes to mind. A fantastic bloke, a premiership ruckman, could drink for Australia but would spill blood and guts on the training track, but just couldn't crack it this particular yr and went to Lab for better opportunities. Have no drama with that, but for a coast team to start having a go at another player from a rival coast club I thought that was a unwritten law to not happen. Times have changed no doubt.
Morningside have had 100 thru the gates this pre season, outstanding effort.
The only way I see the lions struggling in the NEAFL is if Luenberger goes down. 99.9% of the people I have spoken too have said the lions are crazy not to let Hudson go round again. In relation to Luey an Achilles is no hamstring and Billy Longer is a fair way off yet. All lions flying at the minute except S. Black. They have players literally lining up for certain spots so I would think injury free the lions will be extremely strong.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Some nice banter there lads, it's just unfortunate it's about the apparent poaching of each others players. I never had a drama if a player left due to the fact he couldn't get a game after giving everything he had but just couldn't crack it. Adam Cooke comes to mind. A fantastic bloke, a premiership ruckman, could drink for Australia but would spill blood and guts on the training track, but just couldn't crack it this particular yr and went to Lab for better opportunities. Have no drama with that, but for a coast team to start having a go at another player from a rival coast club I thought that was a unwritten law to not happen. Times have changed no doubt.
Morningside have had 100 thru the gates this pre season, outstanding effort.
The only way I see the lions struggling in the NEAFL is if Luenberger goes down. 99.9% of the people I have spoken too have said the lions are crazy not to let Hudson go round again. In relation to Luey an Achilles is no hamstring and Billy Longer is a fair way off yet. All lions flying at the minute except S. Black. They have players literally lining up for certain spots so I would think injury free the lions will be extremely strong.

I'm with you Dog - same unwritten rule up our way I once thought unless blokes are stepping up or going down divisions for various reasons.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Lions reserves will still be the the ones to beat in the NEAFL in 2013.in fact, I call them as premiers already.
Expanding on this, I feel the seniors are a good chance of making the final eight in 2013, as are gaining depth and experience in the playing list which makes for a very strong reserve grade side. Yes, with the ones that retired or were delisted, a fair bit of experience leaves the club at reserve grade level, but the development of their youth is growing and as always, injuries will play a big part... as with any club.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If John Blair gets Lions Reserves coaching gig,who takes over at Graham Rd?
Have I missed the boat here...... Is Nathan Clarke not coaching the Lions reserve grade side or not, heard it on a post here a while ago, but seen no reports of this in the media/websites. Can someone update me here please.

Dogwarna

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Have I missed the boat here...... Is Nathan Clarke not coaching the Lions reserve grade side or not, heard it on a post here a while ago, but seen no reports of this in the media/websites. Can someone update me here please.
Nutta Clarke resigned from the lions as his family has bought into a business and he is helping out there. The lions have split his role in 2. Advertised for a player welfare manager and also a development coach. Both full time roles. The new development team will coach the reserves.

Dogwarna

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nutta Clarke resigned from the lions as his family has bought into a business and he is helping out there. The lions have split his role in 2. Advertised for a player welfare manager and also a development coach. Both full time roles. The new development team will coach the reserves.
The new development coach!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back