NEAFL - Northern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the Lions would have no interest in John Blair as their development coach whether he has applied or not.

I have heard of a lot of exits over at Vulture land and not too many arrivals. Will they be able to play competitive footy in 2013?

Surely the Lions would have no interest in John Blair as their development coach whether he has applied or not.

I have heard of a lot of exits over at Vulture land and not too many arrivals. Will they be able to play competitive footy in 2013?

I agree I don't think John Blair would be the right fit for Brissy reserves anyway. Far greater challenge to get aspley into the top 3.

Vultures are not the only club that will struggle imo. Lab, Morningside and Broady aren't faring much better.
Could be clear cut this year. Not too many upsets.

I agree I don't think John Blair would be the right fit for Brissy reserves anyway. Far greater challenge to get aspley into the top 3.

Vultures are not the only club that will struggle imo. Lab, Morningside and Broady aren't faring much better.
Could be clear cut this year. Not too many upsets.
I guarantee you Morningside aren't struggling. Lab and Broady maybe as they normally like to advertise there new recruits on the Neafl website, or they have changed there way this yr. My take on Labrador is simple. In some way they need to increase there depth. Once injuries hit there depth in the reserves is extremely shallow. They don't run to deep. They have picked up a state ruckman in Fraser Thurlow, he will enjoy a change of voice, but he will challenge Coach Moore, if his relationship with Coach Dare is anything to go bye! If Knobel can teach Thurlow the art of modern day rucking then Thurlow will be a real threat this yr and the flow on is good ball to Davey,Grayson and co.
I have no idea what's happening at the cattery, the coach was staying , then going, now staying. Losing Poyas and Eagle is not helpful, is Neagle staying. Lachie Weller will be handy when available, he will play state footy and top ups with the suns. The suns may choose to keep him away from there reserves and keep him hidden away playing for the cats. The cats as always will unearth a couple of surprises out of the cats nursery.

I guarantee you Morningside aren't struggling. Lab and Broady maybe as they normally like to advertise there new recruits on the Neafl website, or they have changed there way this yr. My take on Labrador is simple. In some way they need to increase there depth. Once injuries hit there depth in the reserves is extremely shallow. They don't run to deep. They have picked up a state ruckman in Fraser Thurlow, he will enjoy a change of voice, but he will challenge Coach Moore, if his relationship with Coach Dare is anything to go bye! If Knobel can teach Thurlow the art of modern day rucking then Thurlow will be a real threat this yr and the flow on is good ball to Davey,Grayson and co.
I have no idea what's happening at the cattery, the coach was staying , then going, now staying. Losing Poyas and Eagle is not helpful, is Neagle staying. Lachie Weller will be handy when available, he will play state footy and top ups with the suns. The suns may choose to keep him away from there reserves and keep him hidden away playing for the cats. The cats as always will unearth a couple of surprises out of the cats nursery.

Dogwarna
yes the Cats have lost major players in Eagle, Poyas and apparently Neagle, Wilson, Urie,and Boston (drafted).I dont know about anymore senior players departing... all is being kept pretty close to the chest.... Do know that they have signed 2 midfielders and a key position player from down south.. all have impressive resumues,( thats all ive been told) but I dont know who they are and what qualities they have. Also are still in negoiations with 2 or 3 other key players.And apparently have regained an ex B&F whom has been overseas for 3 years... Must remember our magoos won the flag this year and had a team with a lot of youngsters that are developing, not to mention the youngsters that were playing seniors this year who will mature more in 2013, such as Weller, Shreeve,mckenzie,Burton, Brennan, Hopkins just to name a few. Also this adds some depth when senior players miss games because of injury.Thus, at this early stage, with limited info, I still think we will be very competitive.
All very interesting, as all clubs have been very quiet on releasing info in regards to whom they have recruited and for that matter whom they have lost.

Sounds like there could be some very good footballers running around in the PHC (much easier unless someone gives me an acronym for the new sponsors!) next season if all these rumours are true. Burleigh blokes, Reid, Lovett (PBC??), plus I'm sure many others that float in.

All I know is that there is a handy O&M footballer at Burleigh, he is the mate of Daly that for some reason has ended up at Mayne. Who is the Lovett your talking about. The one from Ess/Stk who is currently in Darwin. I would think the magpies have been decimated a touch with the coach going to MtGravatt and the good lions top ups moving on. Am looking fwd to seeing how the Grange go under the "Super Coaching Group". The gorillas seem like a ripping club, they will be right in it come next September. Palm Beach and surfers will no doubt get the second tier lads from southport and Broady over the summer. All in all I would think another ripping PHC season coming up.

All I know is that there is a handy O&M footballer at Burleigh, he is the mate of Daly that for some reason has ended up at Mayne. Who is the Lovett your talking about. The one from Ess/Stk who is currently in Darwin. I would think the magpies have been decimated a touch with the coach going to MtGravatt and the good lions top ups moving on. Am looking fwd to seeing how the Grange go under the "Super Coaching Group". The gorillas seem like a ripping club, they will be right in it come next September. Palm Beach and surfers will no doubt get the second tier lads from southport and Broady over the summer. All in all I would think another ripping PHC season coming up.[/quote
Hi Guys,
I think you maybe on the wrong Bigfooty site this is the NEAFL. Sorry if I am being rude

Are you serious mate. The conversation started in relation to Neafl players going up or down a grade. It's relative as there is a connection between the two leagues via the Lions arrangement with the Western Magpies. Pull your head in. It's a forum. It's about discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious mate. The conversation started in relation to Neafl players going up or down a grade. It's relative as there is a connection between the two leagues via the Lions arrangement with the Western Magpies. Pull your head in. It's a forum. It's about discussion.
No wonder you have draftee under you name dogs breath. Go back to own forum wonna be

Roadkill wasn't have a shot at u rude dipstick

There is a rumour that Andrew Lovett was going to join Cresswell at PBC - NFI if it is true but would be surprised. RK - was more a statement in relation to what Damo had said re Aspley/Grange.

There is a rumour that Andrew Lovett was going to join Cresswell at PBC - NFI if it is true but would be surprised. RK - was more a statement in relation to what Damo had said re Aspley/Grange.
I would think if PBC kept most of the same list and added one or two and with maybe the Magpies sliding a touch, they may just take the next step. On the flip side I know of a handful of players that aren't to impressed by the shenanigans of last seasons (2012) GF. It's now happened 2 yrs in a row.

Whats J Wallin still staying at Morningside
I heard that he knocked back a good contract in the SANFL.
Because his dad wanted him in Queensland and get drafted from Morningside
No AFL clubs have been knocking on his front door
I think this kid has made the wrong choice

Whats J Wallin still staying at Morningside
I heard that he knocked back a good contract in the SANFL.
Because his dad wanted him in Queensland and get drafted from Morningside
No AFL clubs have been knocking on his front door
I think this kid has made the wrong choice
I actually had the kid do some plumbing for me and talking to him it seemed like he had made his mind up to go. He really enjoyed his week down there and things looked set up for him. A couple of key recruiters did explain to him where they saw the Neafl in relation to sanfl,wafl etc. He will play well up here no doubt but could he produce in SA. I am positive he could have. Morningside have taken the next step in professionalism this summer so that may have swayed him to stay

I actually had the kid do some plumbing for me and talking to him it seemed like he had made his mind up to go. He really enjoyed his week down there and things looked set up for him. A couple of key recruiters did explain to him where they saw the Neafl in relation to sanfl,wafl etc. He will play well up here no doubt but could he produce in SA. I am positive he could have. Morningside have taken the next step in professionalism this summer so that may have swayed him to stay

And what was it??

Any club picking Urquart up> Talented qlder delisted by north. Also what about Ben Warren who was also delisted?

Yep - like you said expected and I would say that there would be various scouts that would rank it lower than good country / metro leagues in Victoria as well. Not to be unexpected either. I know in the Eastern Districts League there are at least 3 clubs that have player payments of $250K+ - its just a different mindset about it all. Reckon our best chance of getting blokes consistently drafted is to support those that are 19/20/21 and convince them that life hasn't ended bc they weren't drafted whilst in diapers.

Urquart - http://www.aflq.com.au/index.php?id=5&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1598&tx_ttnews[backPid]=4&cHash=ee663d629d

Heading to the States to try and earn a million bucks a minute - good luck to the fella.

Yep - like you said expected and I would say that there would be various scouts that would rank it lower than good country / metro leagues in Victoria as well. Not to be unexpected either. I know in the Eastern Districts League there are at least 3 clubs that have player payments of $250K+ - its just a different mindset about it all. Reckon our best chance of getting blokes consistently drafted is to support those that are 19/20/21 and convince them that life hasn't ended bc they weren't drafted whilst in diapers.

Urquart - http://www.aflq.com.au/index.php?id=5&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1598&tx_ttnews[backPid]=4&cHash=ee663d629d

Heading to the States to try and earn a million bucks a minute - good luck to the fella.
Sam Gilbert is a good example of that age group. The state game for u21's I think is a great initiative.
It's a big year for Qld with the state game v South Australia. Am happy to hear your guys thoughts on this yrs state game and how it may improve again. Obviously has a lot to do with the calibre of player running around in the Neafl this season. I have read in the past that people think the state team is picked more on reputation than players in form at the time. Having been involved in the state team a bit over the yrs, I will tell you that there are guys that have represented the state extremely well. Weather in form or not they will be involved more so cause they tend to lift and know what's expected come the state game. The time put into the opposition by the coaches namely Cotts, Marty king, Funky Miller etc in the lead up to the WA game was of extreme importance. Numerous trips to Perth to watch Wafl games, trips around to watch Wafl teams play foxtel cup games all helped in the prep for a game that was one more centre clearance away from a maroon victory.
Another question, will Cotts coach again. A busy year for the guy who is currently on leave from Southport and coaching St Mary's in Darwin. I am sure playing against SA will light the fire to go again. The best feel coach I have ever had the pleasure to be involved with. A master.
If he chooses not to, for me it's a easy choice. Nathan Clarke if he wants it should be the man. Fresh out of the system and a Qlder as well. A terrific coach who creates a wonderful environment for players and staff. Very important for a state program.
Just a few of my thoughts lads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back