NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Caught the suns and panthers game b4 heading to sharks and vultures contest.panthers gave suns at least 5 goals with turnovers and missed 2 shots at goal from inside 10m.

See in todays paper hunt in line to be recalled for suns seniors team.Unfort for him he should get at least 3 weeks for his high contact especially after he had last week off with suspension.He claims to have hit panther player in chest.Not sure why then panther player was knocked out.didnt think players were alloed to comment in paper after being reported or will aflq and afl look after suns once again.panthers will be hard to hold out if they keep playing footy like yest,much improved from start of year.
Interesting to hear from Chikka what he thought of the game
Hope aflq do not send any qld umpires to wa for state game.#4 was suns best player yest.worst umpiring ever.competition has improved in every aspect apart from umpires.

Grose from vultures put his hand up yest for ruckman spot in state game.best on ground by far and also kicked 5 goals.masterstroke by coaching staff.any reason why he not still on afl list?

Caught the suns and panthers game b4 heading to sharks and vultures contest.panthers gave suns at least 5 goals with turnovers and missed 2 shots at goal from inside 10m.

See in todays paper hunt in line to be recalled for suns seniors team.Unfort for him he should get at least 3 weeks for his high contact especially after he had last week off with suspension.He claims to have hit panther player in chest.Not sure why then panther player was knocked out.didnt think players were alloed to comment in paper after being reported or will aflq and afl look after suns once again.panthers will be hard to hold out if they keep playing footy like yest,much improved from start of year.
Hope aflq do not send any qld umpires to wa for state game.#4 was suns best player yest.worst umpiring ever.competition has improved in every
aspect apart from umpires.

Grose from vultures put his hand up yest for ruckman spot in state game.best on ground by far and also kicked 5 goals.masterstroke by coaching staff.any reason why he not still on afl list?

Staminade.

I totally agree with your comments Re: K Hunt, absolute discracefull reporting from the Sunday Mail's Andrew Hamilton: for a local football writer for our local paper to pre judge a NEAFL reported incident (made by an official of the game) is in MHO a joke and in the least a retraction should be called for by the league, what is even more disturbing is that the same reporter could not even get the name of David Lillico right (he has only played for a decade in the Qld format of the game - cant he afford to buy a footy record or was he at the game? -I wonder, or maybe he was in too much of a hurry to get his copy to print preaching the pre judged virtues of his media friendly multi code player.

These blow hard AFL reporters are too busy trying to protect the big news stories rather than reporting the facts - Bring back Ron McDonalds comments in the Sunday Mail on Sunday (he tells it as it was, not what it should have been) and let the self opinonated Mr. Hamilton concentrate on the AFL competition, based on your actual account of the incident Staminade, it will be interseting to see the outcome of this report in the next few days.

Redland have lost a couple in a row and are travelling no better than when they parted company with Francis which incidently happened after a loss at Graham Rd.

Will the knives be getting sharpened?

Hope aflq do not send any qld umpires to wa for state game.#4 was suns best player yest.worst umpiring ever.competition has improved in every aspect apart from umpires.

No comment on umps.Be no game if we did not have them.Hunt should be in hot water for his newspaper comments

Redland have lost a couple in a row and are travelling no better than when they parted company with Francis which incidently happened after a loss at Graham Rd.

Will the knives be getting sharpened?

Coaching in Crisis.

Matty Francis I saw was at Eagle Farm yesterday enjoying life without being surronded by D/Heads, know doubt his life is easy now with the wounds in is back healing and knowing that when he was last at Graham Road as a coach his charges were only beaten by 20 points, How do the knee jerk match committee at the Bombers feel know, I wonder? still no better off and looking down the barrell of a season which started with such promise with lots of loot spent with football stars of substance and no improvement, money dosen't win you a premiership passion does.

Anyone know whats happening with the supposed QLD state team? They play this weekend in Perth and, as far as I know, the final team hasnt been selected, announced, etc. Not sure how they can expect guys to get a Friday off on just a few days notice to travel. Its going to be a massive assignment given the NT blokes havent even trained with the team yet!!!

Anyone know whats happening with the supposed QLD state team? They play this weekend in Perth and, as far as I know, the final team hasnt been selected, announced, etc. Not sure how they can expect guys to get a Friday off on just a few days notice to travel. Its going to be a massive assignment given the NT blokes havent even trained with the team yet!!!

Also the 2 Lions players in squad haven't trained with squad.They there but not allowed to train as have already trained with Brisbane that day.Just bounce ball around.

Interesting to see the squad trimmed today. All sides have representives except 4th place side Aspley...... Obviously over achieving by the look of it..

Hornets are hitting their straps, really starting to gel as a team. could they be the first team to knock of the NT??;)

Interesting to see the squad trimmed today. All sides have representives except 4th place side Aspley...... Obviously over achieving by the look of it..

Obviously the selectors dont yet rate the Aspley players - sitting 4th on the ladder and no Qld representation, its good to see nothing has changed in Qld, bottom side Southport have 3 in - must be the Cotter factor, if Reece Toye is not one of the better proven mid-fielders in the comp at the moment then I dont know much about footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rnd 11 results

staminade 4 (36)
2010premier 4 (34)
pointer 2 (33)
stuyd 3 (33)
Chikka ferguson 4 (32)
maurie 1 (32)
Lifes a Beach 3 (31)
Morphous 3 (31)
Footyfanatic1 3 (30)
Speedyunit 2 (28)
BigE 1 (27)
Thunderdoc 3 (25)

Originally Posted by footyfanatic1
Strong looking squad. Interesting to note the assistant coaches, apart from Murray Davis all are ex southport players. I would've thought a spread of representatives from other clubs would be reasonable. How did the southport under 18's coach get a gig???

Maybe as a comp it is time we looked at an impartial coach for the state side? Just a thought, but it would be better than the potential for club bias, which has happened in the past. Although it might be a bit tricky for the league to make changes based on club bias, a little hypocritical perhaps?

An earlier post, its still funny:thumbsu:

Staminade.

I totally agree with your comments Re: K Hunt, absolute discracefull reporting from the Sunday Mail's Andrew Hamilton: for a local football writer for our local paper to pre judge a NEAFL reported incident (made by an official of the game) is in MHO a joke and in the least a retraction should be called for by the league, what is even more disturbing is that the same reporter could not even get the name of David Lillico right (he has only played for a decade in the Qld format of the game - cant he afford to buy a footy record or was he at the game? -I wonder, or maybe he was in too much of a hurry to get his copy to print preaching the pre judged virtues of his media friendly multi code player.

These blow hard AFL reporters are too busy trying to protect the big news stories rather than reporting the facts - Bring back Ron McDonalds comments in the Sunday Mail on Sunday (he tells it as it was, not what it should have been) and let the self opinonated Mr. Hamilton concentrate on the AFL competition, based on your actual account of the incident Staminade, it will be interseting to see the outcome of this report in the next few days.

The charge against Hunt was withdrawn, making him free to play for the Suns against Hawthorn in Tasmania this weekend if the selectors want to recall him.

Who withdrew the charge!!! Doesn't sound right to me, do we ignore the fact that Logan Bower has a sore jaw from the contact !

Who withdrew the charge!!! Doesn't sound right to me, do we ignore the fact that Logan Bower has a sore jaw from the contact !

Yes it appears Logan's feelings and sore jaw have both been ignored.

The way the football world works is that the popular/powerful clubs get the 'good running'. Look at it like a pecking order, starting with the AFL clubs. The umpiring decisions against morningside mentioned in an earlier post and the K Hunt scenario are good examples of this.

BUT don't worry, the Siders are a fair way up the pecking order, they don't miss out too often...

Agreed the Aspley boys especially Toye unlucky. I have a concern that NT are clearly the best side in the comp and given that fact have a reasonably small amount of players in. A big disadvantage that they have not been able to train with the squad. Over there it is likely to be a pretty one sided game. Would have thought that former Western Australian and Broadbeach coach Matt Angus could have been a handy assistant coach. Crowley/Cotter both great servants of QLD footy but it does appear a bit Southport centric and I understand if Aspley people are a bit annoyed being 4th with nobody in and Southport being last with 3 in although Payne and Wise are probably justified.

Yes it appears Logan's feelings and sore jaw have both been ignored.

The way the football world works is that the popular/powerful clubs get the 'good running'. Look at it like a pecking order, starting with the AFL clubs. The umpiring decisions against morningside mentioned in an earlier post and the K Hunt scenario are good examples of this.

BUT don't worry, the Siders are a fair way up the pecking order, they don't miss out too often...

Maybe the big boss, Andrew D, made his feelings known - when they are paying the bugger $1 million they wouldn't be too happy to see him rubbed out for a local game - bit harder to manipulate the system when its on the big stage as it was the week before!

Agreed the Aspley boys especially Toye unlucky. I have a concern that NT are clearly the best side in the comp and given that fact have a reasonably small amount of players in. A big disadvantage that they have not been able to train with the squad. Over there it is likely to be a pretty one sided game. Would have thought that former Western Australian and Broadbeach coach Matt Angus could have been a handy assistant coach. Crowley/Cotter both great servants of QLD footy but it does appear a bit Southport centric and I understand if Aspley people are a bit annoyed being 4th with nobody in and Southport being last with 3 in although Payne and Wise are probably justified.

Hope Reece made himself unavail.Cannot believe he was cut.How come Tungaltum was left out.Afl clubs very interested in him.Have to think he made himself unavail.

The charge against Hunt was withdrawn, making him free to play for the Suns against Hawthorn in Tasmania this weekend if the selectors want to recall him.

Pretty sure you will see ThunderDoc at work.You should ask him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back