NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearance fee not paid as yet.Would be a hefty fee but well worth it.

Is it a set fee??? If not manzone and Payne would be a fair chunk of any clubs budget.
Odds on Aspley for next year then!! Need a big man.... For all there on ballers!

Vultures, Redlands, morningside quiet!!

Aspley and Manzone from redlands to aspley as well
Manzone has gone from aspley to redland then redland to aspley not the greatest look for a player under 21.... also wasnt the big mail payne was looking to go to panthers in the hope of winning a flag and play with some of his mates? obviously the $$ is more important his call fair enough....

Manzone has gone from aspley to redland then redland to aspley not the greatest look for a player under 21.... also wasnt the big mail payne was looking to go to panthers in the hope of winning a flag and play with some of his mates? obviously the $$ is more important his call fair enough....

To be fair to Trent, I think he went from Aspley to the GC-17 and then to Redland and now back to Aspley, originaly from the Sunshine Coast and the travel to Redland each week would be a part of the reason for his change of club I would amagine, he is not the first and he wont be the last to move to a club closer to home and as per last year, as shown last year Aspley are prepared to give players who can play an opportunity and not keep selecting players on sentiment or loyalty, judging from the jungle drums around the club the line up will be totally different this year with some big names touted to play with the club. Matty Payne is another one who lives on the north side of Brisbane and for two years has travelled to Southport it is not a full time employment playing in the NEAFL so who would blame him for moving closer to his home - I think he has some mates playing at Aspley from his Zillmere days, with Matty in the midfield I would think Aspley will be very, very competitive side this season - seems Southport and Redlands loss and Aspley's gain. Especially with Matt Francis being involved as an assistant coach as in my experiance with knowing him he is not backward in comming forward to give you praise or a spray when which ever is warranted.

To be fair to Trent, I think he went from Aspley to the GC-17 and then to Redland and now back to Aspley, originaly from the Sunshine Coast and the travel to Redland each week would be a part of the reason for his change of club I would amagine, he is not the first and he wont be the last to move to a club closer to home and as per last year, as shown last year Aspley are prepared to give players who can play an opportunity and not keep selecting players on sentiment or loyalty, judging from the jungle drums around the club the line up will be totally different this year with some big names touted to play with the club. Matty Payne is another one who lives on the north side of Brisbane and for two years has travelled to Southport it is not a full time employment playing in the NEAFL so who would blame him for moving closer to his home - I think he has some mates playing at Aspley from his Zillmere days, with Matty in the midfield I would think Aspley will be very, very competitive side this season - seems Southport and Redlands loss and Aspley's gain. Especially with Matt Francis being involved as an assistant coach as in my experiance with knowing him he is not backward in comming forward to give you praise or a spray when which ever is warranted.

Hope his promised full-time employment is sincere and I wish Matthew all the best in his new pursuit.
If he wanted to play with his mates from his Zillmere days, he would have signed with Thunder, Sandgate or Wilston Grange as there are more Zillmere boys there than at Aspley !!!

i liked what Aspley did this year with playing mostly northside products and a few imports, i hope they dont go out recruit a completley new team every 2 years as it doesnt work look at redlands alot of talent but impload at crucial times.... with aspleys budget they are best off getting a gun mid (payne) and two forwards and 2 backs either from afl wafl or sanfl.

Hope his promised full-time employment is sincere and I wish Matthew all the best in his new pursuit.
If he wanted to play with his mates from his Zillmere days, he would have signed with Thunder, Sandgate or Wilston Grange as there are more Zillmere boys there than at Aspley !!!

Doc,

You are kidding linking Matt Payne with Sandgate, Wilston Grange and Thunder as playing with his mates, yes I expect there are a few (close mates) in the Pineapple Cup Comp but I think in ten years he may play down there with them and still will be a gun and at the Thunder I can count Mathew and Locky Argus and Tappy as the few he would have been associated with at Zillmere, Aspley with Reece Toye, Declan Bevan, Steve and Dan Brittian, Bushie, Dylan Reid, Ryan Thomson, Rob Thompson, Jack Stanley etc, etc maybe not close mates but he has played and trained with all of these guys at Zillmere and with his presence in the side this year all of these blokes and any new recruits will be better footballers with him running at will through the midfield.

Weightman and Norman left

Doc,

You are kidding linking Matt Payne with Sandgate, Wilston Grange and Thunder as playing with his mates, yes I expect there are a few (close mates) in the Pineapple Cup Comp but I think in ten years he may play down there with them and still will be a gun and at the Thunder I can count Mathew and Locky Argus and Tappy as the few he would have been associated with at Zillmere, Aspley with Reece Toye, Declan Bevan, Steve and Dan Brittian, Bushie, Dylan Reid, Ryan Thomson, Rob Thompson, Jack Stanley etc, etc maybe not close mates but he has played and trained with all of these guys at Zillmere and with his presence in the side this year all of these blokes and any new recruits will be better footballers with him running at will through the midfield.
Payne to cover departures of a few players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of an exodus from Sharks with some best 22 players head to the div 2 comp, in particular Surfers Paradise Demons. Will they cover it with Payne & co leaving also? Another year outside the finals?

Bit of an exodus from Sharks with some best 22 players head to the div 2 comp, in particular Surfers Paradise Demons. Will they cover it with Payne & co leaving also? Another year outside the finals?
If southport have lost 22 players you can bet they have been recruiting from all over the country side and offering huge money to play at Shark City.

They are a pretty proud mob and knowing that they failed to make finals in first time ever, will ensure the cheque book comes out. Am hearing big ticket items from WA and Vic.... They thought they had Hudson, so you can only imagine the offer there! Don't know how they can do it within the cap, but I guess they must find a way somehow...;)

If southport have lost 22 players you can bet they have been recruiting from all over the country side and offering huge money to play at Shark City.

They are a pretty proud mob and knowing that they failed to make finals in first time ever, will ensure the cheque book comes out. Am hearing big ticket items from WA and Vic.... They thought they had Hudson, so you can only imagine the offer there! Don't know how they can do it within the cap, but I guess they must find a way somehow...;)

i think he meant some of the best 22

Would make Surfers a pretty strong group for next year then BB in the PHC. Is their a connection bn the 2 clubs somehow for quite a few to head there?

the side is already a strong outfit. after seeing them play 3 times last year, they'll be hard to beat this season

I will put it out there and tip Surfers for the flag. Couple of Southport boys, Featherstone from Labrador I hear and maybe a Rolfe and Fulton from Broadbeach. They already have a pretty decent young side who have been working pretty hard in the gym, throw in Jake Ryan who by reports is over his health concerns and keen as mustard. If it all comes together hard to see too many PHC clubs getting close.

Must say more talk about blokes that are leaving NEAFL clubs than recruits coming. Are clubs holding cards close to their chest or are things geniunely quiet?

the sharks have picked up shane harvey very clever forward onballer has kicked a ton 6 out of the last 7 years the kid can play oozes talent :thumbsu:

I will put it out there and tip Surfers for the flag. Couple of Southport boys, Featherstone from Labrador I hear and maybe a Rolfe and Fulton from Broadbeach. They already have a pretty decent young side who have been working pretty hard in the gym, throw in Jake Ryan who by reports is over his health concerns and keen as mustard. If it all comes together hard to see too many PHC clubs getting close.

Must say more talk about blokes that are leaving NEAFL clubs than recruits coming. Are clubs holding cards close to their chest or are things geniunely quiet?

Featherstone/Rolfe would be huge pickups at that level if it comes off. They have Dayne Zorko's brother Beau as head coach at surfers. Whilst young apparently is good to play under and players keen. Jesse Haberfield ex gc suns contracted is 1 player heading to surfers also. The club is in a good location ie gold mine, just has been run poorly in the past. Could be on the way up.

Brent Harvey's brother. Will take alot of load off Cleve Hughes & co.

Yes good player. Has been playing in lower standard comps then the Neafl, so will be interesting to see how he goes.Chases the dollars and rumour has it, he was on 2k a game at Barooga in 2010 IN the Murray football league . Rumblings from Barooga players and supporters about him were not kind as he apparently had nothing to do with the clubs off the field activities and never socialized. A case of take the money and run in the eyes of Barooga supporters.How accurate this is I dont know,but certainly he knows where the goals are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back