NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Tips:

Suns, Jolly cant even get a game, emg for the 2nds!
Lions, looking strong, thunder unstable with 5+ changes.
Tigers, no changes to the team again!
Cats. should be a close matchup here, cats with a few out.
Sharks, Crawford an emg shows the Southport's quality.

All to win their matches.

Tips:

Suns, Jolly cant even get a game, emg for the 2nds!
Lions, looking strong, thunder unstable with 5+ changes.
Tigers, no changes to the team again!
Cats. should be a close matchup here, cats with a few out.
Sharks, Crawford an emg shows the Southport's quality.

All to win their matches.

Suns (Morningside forced to change in basketball stadium - what happened to our millions in taxes to redevelop Carrara)
Lions (can't imagine Ben Hudson will be made to travel to Alice)
Labrador
Broadbeach
southport

Tips for this week

Southport . Going nicely at the moment at near full strengtgh
Labrador . Keep Winning however player depth is a problem
Lions . Will keep winning NT lots of ins and outs
Broadbeach to just get over the line in a close one
Morningside in an upset Suns have 6 State u18 squad players added to their list so will be interesting.

Labrador's current 22 is quality, however agree depth is an issue. If they can keep injuries limited, they can be a contender.

Their reserves have been getting pumped every week for years so depth has never been there despite player turnover. Need all the wins they can get now as will be stretching at straws come the 2nd half of season.

Round 4
Gold Coast Suns v Morningside
14-Apr
3.30pm
Metricon Stadium
NT Thunder v Brisbane Lions
14-Apr
3.20pm
Traeger Park - Alice
Aspley v Labrador
14-Apr
1.30pm
Graham Rd.
Broadbeach v Redland
14-Apr
1.30pm
H & A Oval
Southport v Mt Gravatt
14-Apr
1.30pm
Fankhauser Reserve
Panthers
Lions
Aspley
Broadbeach
Southport

Suns by 80 points over a young Morningside
Lions by 40 points over NT with a few inexperienced Alice Springs boys in the team
Aspley by 10 points based not on form but on the necessity of the win and home ground advantage
Broadbeach ditto
Southport by 70 points over Mt Gravatt. Sharks have their house in order and it appears the Vultures can't quite say the same.

Suns by 80 points over a young Morningside
Lions by 40 points over NT with a few inexperienced Alice Springs boys in the team
Aspley by 10 points based not on form but on the necessity of the win and home ground advantage
Broadbeach ditto
Southport by 70 points over Mt Gravatt. Sharks have their house in order and it appears the Vultures can't quite say the same.

GC by a mile.
Lions,playing better footy than Vossys men.
Sharks.See ya later Vultures.
Broadbeach.Year of the Cats.
Labrador in toss of coin.May be to tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure with that tipping you wanted it brought to light Kid_a:D:D

ha i actually thought i'd done better than that, typical case of selective memory i guess(just thinking of the one's i got right)

Finally Aspley have dropped Johnson (seen the light). Having a look at that Aspley side Labrador by 57 points.

from the TWO Aspley games I've seen this year he's looked way of the pace, looks like his status as a former AFL player aint gonna save him anymore.

Watched the draw between Broadbeach and Redlands today.Good game, Redlands maybe should of won, as in the last quarter Broadbeach gave away a lot of silly free kicks. But on the other side, Broadbeach went into the game without gun recruit Poylas, Eagle, Stockdale and Bilson.

Round 4 Tips

2010premier
Billybunter
Pointer
Lifes a Beach
footyfanatic1
stuyd1
staminade
bballscout
maurie
chikka ferguson
thunderdoc
kid a
Luckyme12
Speedyunit
Big E
elong

I gave points to both Broadbeach & Redlands tips as per most tipping comps.

has travis johnstone left heard word his playing at chelsea heights in victoria this weekend

has travis johnstone left heard word his playing at chelsea heights in victoria this weekend
Chelsea Heights Football Club is extremely pleased to announce that former AFL star and No 1 draft pick Travis Johnstone will become its Number 1 ticket-holder for 2012, and will represent the club this week against Highett in its first home game for the year.

Johnstone was the first selection in the 1997 AFL Draft and played 209 games, kicking 135 goals. In 2002 he finished equal fourth in Brownlow Medal voting, and in 2005 he won the the Keith 'Bluey' Truscott Medal (Melbourne’s Best and Fairest Award), leading the AFL in total kicks. Johnstone produced a career-high 42 disposals in what would be his final game for the Demons in Round 22 against Carlton, before migrating north to Brisbane Lions where he played 49 games.

The Johnstone name has a rich history in the local area and at the Chelsea Heights Football Club. Travis’s grandfather Norm was recruited from Chelsea to Fitzroy where he became a legend and was named in the club’s Team of the Century as an on-baller. His father, Jim, coached Chelsea Heights to the Division 3 Premiership in 1995, until 1997 when Travis was drafted, while his uncle, Grant, was Chelsea Heights’ President during the same period.

Aspley have the bye this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if he was being released for the first home game given the weekend's events at Chelsea Heights. Would he be better for the run in the SFL or the SEQAFL Cup?

Aspley have the bye this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if he was being released for the first home game given the weekend's events at Chelsea Heights. Would he be better for the run in the SFL or the SEQAFL Cup?

Given the fact that he is to become the number 1 ticket holder for the Chelsea Heights Footy Club and Aspley have the bye this week, I think if Aspley (as yet to be confirmed) has released him for the game in Melbourne this week, it shows great compassion and understanding - that not only playing football but supporting your roots is a very important part of the game that for one reason or another a lot of past player have lost, honestly, in my opinion Aspley are showing all that their players, no matter who they are can still live their lifes without being tied down to a one club policy - there should be more of it. I hope that through this Travis can come back to the NEAFL Comp and show us all some magic that we all know he has got.

Given the fact that he is to become the number 1 ticket holder for the Chelsea Heights Footy Club and Aspley have the bye this week, I think if Aspley (as yet to be confirmed) has released him for the game in Melbourne this week, it shows great compassion and understanding - that not only playing football but supporting your roots is a very important part of the game that for one reason or another a lot of past player have lost, honestly, in my opinion Aspley are showing all that their players, no matter who they are can still live their lifes without being tied down to a one club policy - there should be more of it. I hope that through this Travis can come back to the NEAFL Comp and show us all some magic that we all know he has got.

He played in the reserves last week after being dropped and the reserves are playing this week so why wouldnt he be playing again. Anyway time will tell!!!!

Mt Gravatt v Eastlake
Morningside v Labrador
Redland v Northern Territory
Brisbane v Gold Coast

Winners in bold......only 4 games with three teams having a bye..???? Hate byes!

Round 5

Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns
21-Apr
1.30pm
Yeronga
Redland v NT Thunder
21-Apr
1.30pm
Victoria Point
Morningside v Labrador
21-Apr
1.30pm