NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogwarna

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep, McLennan is the new coach at MtGravatt and Normie Dare will coach Sharks again. Interesting to see how the silly season pans out for the Sharks with Cotts up in Darwin coaching St Mary's and another of there support staff filling his shoes while he is away.. Not in Sharks make up to announce big signings to early..Saying that, nothing is really a surprise in this comp, everyone knows everyone's business...is Ezra Poyas staying at the cats or heading back to St Kilda City, Morningside may have some news shortly..

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yep, McLennan is the new coach at MtGravatt and Normie Dare will coach Sharks again. Interesting to see how the silly season pans out for the Sharks with Cotts up in Darwin coaching St Mary's and another of there support staff filling his shoes while he is away.. Not in Sharks make up to announce big signings to early..Saying that, nothing is really a surprise in this comp, everyone knows everyone's business...is Ezra Poyas staying at the cats or heading back to St Kilda City, Morningside may have some news shortly..
Dodwarna,
whats Mclennans background/history.
Word is that Poyas is back to St Kilda City.So thats Poyas, Eagle,Wilson, and maybe Neagle, gone from the Cats.

Dogwarna

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Boston will definitely get drafted! It's just weather Suns take him and then on trade him. They have a lot of his type already on there list. McLennan is a little old school. Multiple premiership coach with the Western Magpies. Time will tell how he goes at NEAFL level. Will need good support from those around him. Not sure where the vultures are at at the moment. You here it every year whether Gilliland will stay or go. They definitely need him to stay.

Hinkleyfan

Debutant
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm hearing ex docker Steven Dodd to suit up for Aspley. Has moved to that area for work. Solid player, could play that combo dashing alf back or lock down defender pending matchups?

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any news/whispers to report you guys. All pretty quiet but I guess that will rev up over the next couple of months.Nothing to do with our comp, but I see Fevola has resigned with Yarrawonga and Akermanis is to be playing coach for North Albury in the same comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

staminade

Senior List
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
You would expect Clouston to get picked up in the draft. Just which club is the question. Heard young Conway has a scholarship with Brisbane. Well deserved.

Dogwarna

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That's a big loss for the Thunder.. A cracking player, will be good to see how he goes in the SANFL.

riodj

Debutant
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's a big loss for the Thunder.. A cracking player, will be good to see how he goes in the SANFL.
Have heard Nt will get Djerkurra from Bulldogs and a couple of solid SANFL players are moving there.
A few players have left Labrador but watch out for a few signings there. A young ruckman from the sharks apparently has been poached to go there!!

Blackdog32

Senior List
Apr 27, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Have heard Nt will get Djerkurra from Bulldogs and a couple of solid SANFL players are moving there.
A few players have left Labrador but watch out for a few signings there. A young ruckman from the sharks apparently has been poached to go there!!

A couple of blokes moved away from Lab for work as previously stated. A few clubs have had a crack at a few others but all good at tigerland.

Have sharks signed another forward? (ex-afl)

NT will be strong again no doubt.

All other clubs seem to be quiet or keeping quiet at this stage.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any news/whispers to report you guys. All pretty quiet but I guess that will rev up over the next couple of months.Nothing to do with our comp, but I see Fevola has resigned with Yarrawonga and Akermanis is to be playing coach for North Albury in the same comp.

Might be a permanent ambulance stationed at every Nth Albury game?? Will be interested to see how Aker will handle trying to spin a "team first" approach...:rolleyes:

Dogwarna

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Was always a unwritten law for the Gold Coast teams not to approach each other players but if one wanted to leave then fair enough..I dare say your talking about Fraser Thurlow as there are no other young ruck man on sharks list. Labrador definitely to look at bigman stocks now that Knobel has retired and Fred Sleeth not taking the next step as a ruck anyway. I think Possum Notting still up in the air as to where he will play. Any ideas. Nt will always be strong as transient players head up there to play in summer and end up staying....

staminade

Senior List
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
No surprise Chikka. Can't develop their own.
Jarod Fields back to Labrador from Broady.
Payne back to Rosebud. Will leave Bris early next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back