footymaad

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Morningside Panthers
David Lake is nothing other than an assistant coach. He is not football manager he is not director of coaching.

My comment re football manager comes from Morningside facebook page. "David Lake, is returning to the Panthers, in the capacity of Football Manager. David will assist with Coaches development, list management and in particular, development of our junior pipeline from the under 18's." Agree, whatever his exact role, would think must be good for Morningside.

staminade

Senior List
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Assuming the Crows and Tippett get charged by the AFl, will AFLQ and NEAFL turn their back on Tippets manager ala Mardi King fiasco.If so and in my opinion should be black listed who will report on next years games?Media coverage ordinary anyway. Hope Champs on his morning radio show on 4tab black list this certain manager as well.

staminade

Senior List
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Make that 46 goals in 5 games after snagging 11 last weekend.From all reports has lost the kgs and is quite fit.Also been told he committed himself to the Thunder for 2013 to coach Archer..., thus has he actually signed with the Sharks or not. ?
Another 11 over the week end. That's red hot

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Assuming the Crows and Tippett get charged by the AFl, will AFLQ and NEAFL turn their back on Tippets manager ala Mardi King.If so and in my opinion should be black listed who will report on next years games?Media coverage ordinary anyway. Hope Champs on his morning radio show on 4tab black list this certain manager as well.

Thought Peter Blucher was his manager?

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast

See, a qld club has reportedly recruited a guy from Ovens and Murray League powerhouse in the Albury Tigers. His name is Shaun Daly.He is a experienced powerful midfield player ( played for a number of seasons in seniors at SANFL).Best and fairest,multiple premiership player and league representitive. he will be a real quality player at NEAFL level.Question is, which club has secured his services.? and it might not be a NEAFL club.!! Also, its been reported the Burleigh Bombers have signed another gun player from Albury Tigers, being Jay Koehler, a ,tall key position defender, who will dominate in that comp.Dont know the background to this recruitment, but am a bit bemused as to why a player of this quality wouldnt want to play in the NEAFL comp.

Peanut01

Debutant
Nov 8, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I see on the Redland website they have signed up Nathan Reid. Good get by them theyl need some key position players if Clouston gets drafted. Most other teams seem very quiet at the moment - Little movement or keeping cards close to chest????

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With Skinner retiring from Western Bulldogs AFL,odds on he will line up for NT

Thats a shame because I reckon he had the potential to be a pretty good AFL player and exciting to watch. Agree he will most likely play for the Thunder next season.

Are all clubs back at training?

Cats started back tonight. Good numbers. New changerooms will be something else once construction is completed in the next month or two.

Countdown to next season on. Looking forward to it already. Good luck to Clouston,Boston, Bourke etc next Thursday night. Quite a few QLD'ers delisted so hopefully a few picked up also.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Some on here quick to bag the Cats 2010 for not being as competitive as some believe they should be in the NEAFL but gee they seem to develop some good kids who are in and about at draft time. To my mind this is just as important as winning the premiership in this sort of league.

riodj

Debutant
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just received word that Damian Cupido has signed with the mighty Sharks!!

Apparently jumped the gun on this one!! Has not officially signed and is still in negotiating stages. Not sure if he will or stay in Nt as a few others have suggested.
I think Labrador is also into another of our quality young players!! How the tables have turned.
Heard the reasons Thurlow is leaving and fair enough - he is still a second ruckman to Weymouth imo. Probably more potential as a key position player/ruck.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wouldn't be the first, won't be the last riodj that Cupido would leave with egg on the face. Trust me, he won't be a Sharks player until he runs out on the field in the white and black and even then you have to hope his mind is in the right place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

footymaad

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Morningside Panthers
Hope a few of the local boys find their way on to a list either tonight or in the upcoming rookie draft. Boston and Clouston most spoken about recently, but a few others not without a chance . nervous next few hours for all of those who have nominated no doubt.

Dogwarna

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A horrible night at the draft for Qld footy. Effectively none drafted as clay was taken as a zone selection. Boston may have dropped down or obviously off the pecking order somewhere along the lines. He ran a sluggish 2 or 3 km at draft combine. His type are also dime a dozen. Would have thought suns may have on traded him as they have his type by the handful. Hopefully he goes in the rookie draft.
As for clouston where in a AFL team would he play. Maybe as a 3 rd tall. I would have him chb and leave him there. Let him chase a bloke around. Then create on the rebound. Problem with that his skills are iffy. He is great if he can bomb it 55 m but can he spot kick it 25 m out of your back half under the pump. Athletically a machine, I hope he gets a chance come rookie draft.
Bourke should go in the rookie draft hopefully to the one of the local teams.
Am not sure Aliir was ever a chance. My mail tells me not much spoken about him. Would love to see him dominate as a ruck/fwd for Aspley in the Neafl. If Blairy spends as much time with Aliir one on one as he did with Tom Hickey and Tom Bell at Morningside he will show enough in 2013 to get a crack the following year.

Peanut01

Debutant
Nov 8, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I hear a rumour that Jake Crawford may be headed to the Cats after one unsuccessful season with the Sharks. Also a few big signings up north at the Hornets in recent weeks. Can anyone confirm?

staminade

Senior List
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hear a rumour that Jake Crawford may be headed to the Cats after one unsuccessful season with the Sharks. Also a few big signings up north at the Hornets in recent weeks. Can anyone confirm?
Ben Warren count as a big signing?Good to se they have learnt their harsh lessons in bad recruiting and looking after there own. At least he is a Aspley junior.New signings just covering all there losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back