NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012 | Page 73 | BigFooty

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Discussion in 'NEAFL Board' started by Matchu, Oct 30, 2011.

1. smy1305

smy1305 Premiership Player

Gold Coast
    Obviously Dogwarna isn't the administrator of the Morningside AFC website....:rolleyes:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. staminade

staminade Senior List

Fremantle
    Assuming the Crows and Tippett get charged by the AFl, will AFLQ and NEAFL turn their back on Tippets manager ala Mardi King fiasco.If so and in my opinion should be black listed who will report on next years games?Media coverage ordinary anyway. Hope Champs on his morning radio show on 4tab black list this certain manager as well.

3. staminade

staminade Senior List

Fremantle
    Another 11 over the week end. That's red hot

4. smy1305

Gold Coast
    Thought Peter Blucher was his manager?

5. damochandler

damochandler Brownlow Medallist

Essendon
    he is

6. stuyd1

stuyd1 Club Legend

Gold Coast
    See, a qld club has reportedly recruited a guy from Ovens and Murray League powerhouse in the Albury Tigers. His name is Shaun Daly.He is a experienced powerful midfield player ( played for a number of seasons in seniors at SANFL).Best and fairest,multiple premiership player and league representitive. he will be a real quality player at NEAFL level.Question is, which club has secured his services.? and it might not be a NEAFL club.!! Also, its been reported the Burleigh Bombers have signed another gun player from Albury Tigers, being Jay Koehler, a ,tall key position defender, who will dominate in that comp.Dont know the background to this recruitment, but am a bit bemused as to why a player of this quality wouldnt want to play in the NEAFL comp.

7. Peanut01

Peanut01 Debutant

Gold Coast
    I see on the Redland website they have signed up Nathan Reid. Good get by them theyl need some key position players if Clouston gets drafted. Most other teams seem very quiet at the moment - Little movement or keeping cards close to chest????

8. chikka ferguson

chikka ferguson All Australian

Carlton
    With Skinner retiring from Western Bulldogs AFL,odds on he will line up for NT

9. 2010premier

2010premier All Australian

Brisbane Lions
    Thats a shame because I reckon he had the potential to be a pretty good AFL player and exciting to watch. Agree he will most likely play for the Thunder next season.

Are all clubs back at training?

Cats started back tonight. Good numbers. New changerooms will be something else once construction is completed in the next month or two.

Countdown to next season on. Looking forward to it already. Good luck to Clouston,Boston, Bourke etc next Thursday night. Quite a few QLD'ers delisted so hopefully a few picked up also.

10. smy1305

Gold Coast
    Some on here quick to bag the Cats 2010 for not being as competitive as some believe they should be in the NEAFL but gee they seem to develop some good kids who are in and about at draft time. To my mind this is just as important as winning the premiership in this sort of league.

11. riodj

riodj Debutant

Adelaide
    Apparently jumped the gun on this one!! Has not officially signed and is still in negotiating stages. Not sure if he will or stay in Nt as a few others have suggested.
    I think Labrador is also into another of our quality young players!! How the tables have turned.
    Heard the reasons Thurlow is leaving and fair enough - he is still a second ruckman to Weymouth imo. Probably more potential as a key position player/ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. smy1305

Gold Coast
    Wouldn't be the first, won't be the last riodj that Cupido would leave with egg on the face. Trust me, he won't be a Sharks player until he runs out on the field in the white and black and even then you have to hope his mind is in the right place.

13. stuyd1

stuyd1 Club Legend

Gold Coast
    True, Akermanis, the now playing coach for North Albury in the O & M league, has been in touch with Cupido, trying to recruit him.

14. smy1305

Gold Coast
    FFS that would be enough to put the president in the funny farm by the end of 2013 with those 2 nut cases.

pekay-norwest likes this.
  15. staminade

staminade Senior List

Fremantle
    Stiller signed at Aspley. Chasing Lucy hard

16. footymaad

footymaad Team Captain

Brisbane Lions
    Other Teams:
    Morningside Panthers
    Hope a few of the local boys find their way on to a list either tonight or in the upcoming rookie draft. Boston and Clouston most spoken about recently, but a few others not without a chance . nervous next few hours for all of those who have nominated no doubt.

17. damochandler

damochandler Brownlow Medallist

Essendon
    only 1 got picked up/ boston and aliir aliir will go in the rookie draft

clay cameron

18. Dogwarna

Dogwarna Team Captain

Brisbane Lions
    A horrible night at the draft for Qld footy. Effectively none drafted as clay was taken as a zone selection. Boston may have dropped down or obviously off the pecking order somewhere along the lines. He ran a sluggish 2 or 3 km at draft combine. His type are also dime a dozen. Would have thought suns may have on traded him as they have his type by the handful. Hopefully he goes in the rookie draft.
    As for clouston where in a AFL team would he play. Maybe as a 3 rd tall. I would have him chb and leave him there. Let him chase a bloke around. Then create on the rebound. Problem with that his skills are iffy. He is great if he can bomb it 55 m but can he spot kick it 25 m out of your back half under the pump. Athletically a machine, I hope he gets a chance come rookie draft.
    Bourke should go in the rookie draft hopefully to the one of the local teams.
    Am not sure Aliir was ever a chance. My mail tells me not much spoken about him. Would love to see him dominate as a ruck/fwd for Aspley in the Neafl. If Blairy spends as much time with Aliir one on one as he did with Tom Hickey and Tom Bell at Morningside he will show enough in 2013 to get a crack the following year.

19. Peanut01

Peanut01 Debutant

Gold Coast
    I hear a rumour that Jake Crawford may be headed to the Cats after one unsuccessful season with the Sharks. Also a few big signings up north at the Hornets in recent weeks. Can anyone confirm?

20. staminade

staminade Senior List

Fremantle
    Ben Warren count as a big signing?Good to se they have learnt their harsh lessons in bad recruiting and looking after there own. At least he is a Aspley junior.New signings just covering all there losses.

21. staminade

staminade Senior List

Fremantle
    Agree Boston should go but GC never picked Zorko up and Zorko had achieved a lot more than Boston.

22. staminade

staminade Senior List

Fremantle
    I would rookie Ryan Davey. Ready made AFL player

23. staminade

staminade Senior List

Fremantle
    Tom Fields would have to be a chance in rookie draft.

24. Megaman123

Megaman123 Team Captain

Geelong
    Ben Warren, Chenyne Stiller and Austin Lucy all hornets?

25. Dogwarna

Dogwarna Team Captain

Brisbane Lions
    Austin still in talks with panthers I hear.

Tom fields, Scott Clarke, Jordan Bourke, Clouston all hopefully should go as rookies.

Boston an interesting one. Took a gap year to focus solely on footy yet still couldn't meet the requirements fitness wise for the AFL. Ollie Wines on the other hand, who went number 7 to port power is one of those kids who gets up at 5am travels an hr/half to school then an hr to training then 2 hr drive home, home by 10 does his homework then does it all again the next day. I guarantee you AFL scouts look at this when comparing one player against the other. I hope Boston gets a crack and I think the suns may take him.
    Dayle Gartlett is a perfect example of the mentality of AFL clubs. On ability would be 1st rd draft pick. Due to off field issues, ordinary work ethic etc etc didn't get drafted at all, now hoping someone takes him as rookie.
    Hundreds of stories like these over the yrs.