Universal Love Neale Daniher

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad news for Rowdy and the whole Daniher clan..Was shortchanged when it came to his career with injury, now to be ripped off with an illness like this, feel for the man, Only player ever to be named Captain and never play a senior game as Captain..Sad sad news..

I find it a bit ridiculous/unfair hearing about men dying in their 40s and 50s. The AVERAGE life expectancy of an Australian male is 80, and for those men that reach 65, on average you should live to 84.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My childhood hero - unbelievably s**t news.

As a kid I loved the way he played....as brave and fair as they come. If any youngsters wonder how good he was - at 20-21 he was seen as a better player and leader than three fairly handy players in his brother, Tim Watson and Simon Madden. Hird is a reasonable comparison for style of player....both had that composed, almost regal air about them that belied their ferocious competitive instincts. And Neale would float across packs like Hird did when young and keep eyes on the footy with no interest in what might be coming the other way.

That game against Carlton my be my single fondest childhood moment!

First reaction is to dwell on the utterly hideous unfairness of his career and now seemingly his life being cut short - but that's the last thing he or any self-respecting Daniher would ever do isn't it? No doubt as we speak they are sinking some cans and working on getting everything they can out of his remaining time and starting lots of sentences with "She's....." as Danihers do ( I could listen to TD talk for hours on end as an aside).

Well, "she's" a s**t disease but what a champion bloke and player.

I think the Dons and Dees should stage a tribute/benefit/awareness game ASAP.

We are discussing the same thing on our board. Would make for a great occasion.

We are discussing the same thing on our board. Would make for a great occasion.

Doss is the essendon club account still around and active?

I imagine they'd run with this if someone suggested it, let alone if it came from both clubs

Doss is the essendon club account still around and active?

I imagine they'd run with this if someone suggested it, let alone if it came from both clubs
All I can do is tag 'em.

Essendon_FC. I'm sure it's not the only place it's been discussed, but it is a such a great idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back