Rumour Neale wants to come home - Freo looking to pounce

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard we are going to move the whole team to Qld so we can be closer to lachie
And watch while he recruits half of our u/22s to Brisbane. Tbh, at times I still find it hard to believe he left. He seemed Freo through and through. Definitely thought he was the type of guy to be a one-club player. Just goes to show - ya think ya know a guy, then he goes and does a dirty double cross on ya...

And watch while he recruits half of our u/22s to Brisbane. Tbh, at times I still find it hard to believe he left. He seemed Freo through and through. Definitely thought he was the type of guy to be a one-club player. Just goes to show - ya think ya know a guy, then he goes and does a dirty double cross on ya...

The other side of the coin, is with our 300+ game players, didn’t we have big worries over them heading back east ?.

Dollars and a hand around your vital organs, can make you change your direction.

Snake was a beast
But CC tried to turn him into a fwd, which he def wasn’t. Trying to fit 3 rucks (Simmonds, Sandi, JLo - ruck/fwd), then all the other talls in Pav, McPharlin, Johnson and Croad in the one team couldn’t have been easy. And they could all play, but Simmonds wasn’t a forward at all. Maybe the reason why Pav became a mid during Cuddles’ time.

Last edited:
The other side of the coin, is with our 300+ game players, didn’t we have big worries over them heading back east ?.

Dollars and a hand around your vital organs, can make you change your direction.
True true. But I felt it in my waters that Lachie was going to be one of them. Maybe I need to take some Ural...

I get the $$$, but the vital organs? You talking about his wife?

True true. But I felt it in my waters that Lachie was going to be one of them. Maybe I need to take some Ural...

I get the $$$, but the vital organs? You talking about his wife?

Me thinks that around footy clubs ( top level ), the partners can have more than 50% of the say on a career move.

I reckon Lachie's initial reason for testing the waters was he was sick of Lyon's game style and saw how Brisbane were trending and the excitement in their playing group.
Us getting thrashed by them twice, and Fagan having a chat probably helped too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Lachie's initial reason for testing the waters was he was sick of Lyon's game style and saw how Brisbane were trending and the excitement in their playing group.

And after joining this young group and becoming a huge part of rocketing them up the ladder, from 15th to 2nd in a single year, being touted as the latest superstar of the comp, coming 3rd in the Brownlow all while watching Freo stagnate another year and continue to make headlines for all the wrong reasons..... He's now realising his mistake :thumbsu: .

And after joining this young group and becoming a huge part of rocketing them up the ladder, from 15th to 2nd in a single year, being touted as the latest superstar of the comp, coming 3rd in the Brownlow all while watching Freo stagnate another year and continue to make headlines for all the wrong reasons..... He's now realising his mistake :thumbsu: .
Both teams have won the same amount of finals in that time too...

Having watched their team play in two finals I still reckon Lions fans enjoyed 2019 more than most Freo fans.

I am just having a bit of a laugh though. For Neale to decide to make the move that he did, have it succeed as well as it has (so far) and then announce that he not only wanted to leave Brisbane but return to Fremantle? Well bizarre wouldn't even begin to cover it.

Going out in straight sets suuuuuuuucks as a fan. You only have to win one game to make a prelim from top four, just one.

You only have to win two from eighth.

But yeah watching Freo get overrun by Port in 2014, knowing injuries had just completely caught up with us, sucked badly but I still enjoyed 2014 more than 2019 overall. Some positives from last year and some fun was had but it ended up being another year of not being able to put consistent performances together and not being able to keep players out on the park.

Well he did go for the anonymity of being able to lay low. That worked.

Rossy is a polarising.
You either love or hate him.
Bhilly, neale. Who else did we lose during his tenure?

Do you think they left because of Ross? Hill's Mrs wanted to go back to Melbourne, Lachie was offered more money and felt the Lions had a better list and that Freo didn't have the leadership to be contenders again any time soon. Both those stories seem genuine IMO.

Do you think they left because of Ross? Hill's Mrs wanted to go back to Melbourne, Lachie was offered more money and felt the Lions had a better list and that Freo didn't have the leadership to be contenders again any time soon. Both those stories seem genuine IMO.

No way in my opinion he left because of Ross. But he did see an opportunity in Brisbane and the cash helped. Sometimes a change can be revitalising and no doubt we were stagnating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched Simon Garlick on 9 news say that they will need some help from the AFL around November as things stand right now. The take up of the pledge options has so far been about 20% of members pledging all or some of the their membership fees. They have also had about 100 new members sign up too..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back