Rumour Neale-y premiership time! (was: Neale before the Lions!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had the gamut of possibilities expressed on this thread.

The smart money seems to be on him exiting and a deal being done.

If so he's a greedy little prick and we don't want him.

If he stays the whole thing was a beat up , he's an absolute star and is at the forefront of our flag tilt next year.
Ha ha so true .
People getting angry over things they knew nothing about .
Just rumours .

Did everyone else catch the .. talking to my family and friends sitting down with the coaches and lions staff WITHOUT my management team it became clear the lions is the best place for me

Maybe he's looking for a new manager.
Makes me wonder where the leak happened.

I'm also sure he could have sunk his teeth into the media when that question came up too - I still think it's despicable how they've all offered their 2 cents condemning him without any information. Now it's Wednesday, watch them all go back to offering their 2 cents about Carlton's coach like nothing ever happened.

Reading between the lines Freo low balled and Bris refused ( as they should ).
Given where both clubs are this is the best scenario for everyone. Bris launch for flag, Freo continue to build on young list.

Reading between the lines, Freo leaked to the media to try and drag Lachie’s mixed feelings into the light and build momentum that would create a trade scenario.

In the end though, they Freo’d it.

Yes, “Freoing” has become a pejorative verb.

May the purple cap be forever featherless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading between the lines, Freo leaked to the media to try and drag Lachie’s mixed feelings into the light and build momentum that would create a trade scenario.

In the end though, they Freo’d it.

Yes, “Freoing” has become a pejorative verb.

May the purple cap be forever featherless.
Wow - what a perspective!
Lachie Neale makes it apparent he wants to return to Perth
Fremantle are only interested if it's a bargain ( which is their prerogative )
Bris blocks it ( which is their prerogative )
Win:Win
But somehow Fremantle have stuffed things up?!

Wow - what a perspective!
Lachie Neale makes it apparent he wants to return to Perth
Fremantle are only interested if it's a bargain ( which is their prerogative )
Bris blocks it ( which is their prerogative )
Win:Win
But somehow Fremantle have stuffed things up?!

Seeing that Neale's own dad has admitted the leak came from within Fremantle, it's not hard to connect the dots.
Fremantle leaked it to try and throw caution to the winds, imagine even the CEO commenting on the issue.

Seeing that Neale's own dad has admitted the leak came from within Fremantle, it's not hard to connect the dots.
Fremantle leaked it to try and throw caution to the winds, imagine even the CEO commenting on the issue.

Thought it was interesting that we'd shut up shop in terms of commenting on it as a club apart from our media release, whereas Freo's CEO Simon Garlick did the media rounds to a few outlets.

How’s the Fremantle contingent acting all we don’t need him anyway, waste of first round picks.Look forward to knocking him out of finals etc

..please.
The vast majority of Fremantle fans didn’t want Neale back.

On their board they didn’t want him. On the trade board they didn’t want him. Even those Fremantle fans coming on our board didn’t want him.

Almost all Fremantle fans are committed to taking their draft picks, two top 10 picks and two picks in the 20’s, and loading up on WA talent.

Neale really doesn’t suit their rebuild time line. They see the opportunity to add a top WA KPF, and WA replacement for Fyfe and Mundy and some outside run.

From what I’ve heard, the “leak” can from Pavlich and from within the playing group.

It wasn’t that the club leaked it to media, more that loose lips let it out.

How’s the Fremantle contingent acting all we don’t need him anyway, waste of first round picks.Look forward to knocking him out of finals etc

..please.

The chest beating and false bravado on the trade board by some of their fans was something to behold. Suspect they are all quite disappointed they didn't get Lachie for a packet of chips as they had earlier thought.

From what I’ve heard, the “leak” can from Pavlich and from within the playing group.

It wasn’t that the club leaked it to media, more that loose lips let it out.

My only query about the Pavlich part of it is that its a bit weird for him to give a tip to Ryan Daniels who works for a rival TV station. But seems like it had got pretty widespread over there so just as possible Pav did know about it and tell people and Ryan Daniels confirmed the story without getting it directly from Pav.

Also a suggestion from Snuffaluphagus that Lachies dad was one of the ones responsible for leaking it out in the first place.

Robbo had a lot of really good and in my opinion, truthful things to say about trades in general.

I hope both Neale and his wife are alright. It's a shame whenever the reason of family comes up the trolls are nasty.

Anyway, Lachie is a consummate professional and I think we all know this didn't (and won't) affect his performance now and in the coming years. Also it firms up and clarifies how we will need to transition our midfield after Neale. Will he have any trade value after this contract is up to go back to Perth? Or will his move back there end after he retires with us and several contract extensions.

Golly, the timeframes discussed now have changed rapidly :p

My only query about the Pavlich part of it is that its a bit weird for him to give a tip to Ryan Daniels who works for a rival TV station. But seems like it had got pretty widespread over there so just as possible Pav did know about it and tell people and Ryan Daniels confirmed the story without getting it directly from Pav.

Also a suggestion from Snuffaluphagus that Lachies dad was one of the ones responsible for leaking it out in the first place.
My understanding of the full situation is that people close to the Neale's were leaking like a sleeve.

Freo players were also very 'boisterous' at the Mad Monday.

Per Daniels words himself, all the reporters had gotten wind of this but were missing the 10% to go with running it. Daniels says he got that final bit he was comfortable with going with and ran with it to get in front of the rest. Where this final bit came from I dont know.

Daniels probably could have been better with his wording about "will request a trade" but the Neale's were (are???) serious about requesting a trade and had put out serious feelers.

There is also unfortunately 6 weeks until trade period is over as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back