Rumour Neale-y premiership time! (was: Neale before the Lions!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Did everyone else catch the .. talking to my family and friends sitting down with the coaches and lions staff WITHOUT my management team it became clear the lions is the best place for me

Maybe he's looking for a new manager.
I thought he made a mistake and then listened again, that is definitely what he said - without.

Shaka7

Senior List
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
It'll resurface again this time next year and his actions will be under the microscope next season so would have preferred shutting any distractions....if we fail badly, the press will cry that we should have let him leave.....

54 pages vs 55. It was a good battle my friends, but we have claimed victory in the "Supporters to Waste the Most Time Cup"

Till next time

1631158020866.png

1631158034753.png

Last edited:

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Did everyone else catch the .. talking to my family and friends sitting down with the coaches and lions staff WITHOUT my management team it became clear the lions is the best place for me

Maybe he's looking for a new manager.

That suggests his management team were looking solely at the bottom line....given his contract was front loaded, they saw the chance to essentially rip us off, lining their own pockets, the bastards ><

Hogwild

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seeing that Neale's own dad has admitted the leak came from within Fremantle, it's not hard to connect the dots.
Fremantle leaked it to try and throw caution to the winds, imagine even the CEO commenting on the issue.
CEO was asked a direct question on radio - he answered in a very vanilla way.
As I've said, this is a good outcome for both clubs

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
dlanod would Neale be a restricted free agent when his current deal is up, or does being traded, even though he was still in contract and hadn’t reached restricted free agency yet, void the possibility of him being a restricted free agent in the future?

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
dlanod would Neale be a restricted free agent when his current deal is up, or does being traded, even though he was still in contract and hadn’t reached restricted free agency yet, void the possibility of him being a restricted free agent in the future?

Saw a discussion on twitter, once you get FA status (8 years at one club) you have it for life, but if you don't get there you aren't a free agent.

Pretty understandable all ways. Y'know, except for the abusive way.

I get people being disappointed - from here, Lachie's pretty much on a downward trajectory. Getting pick 6, plus an upgrade from 14 to 8, would be the highest Lachie's value ever way. Selling at the top is a good way to go. Bring in 2 top 10 picks. Odds are one of them would be a 200 game player for the club.

BUT

We are in our premiership window now. Like, right now. Our odds of winning the cup next year are lower without Lachie. Much as my finance-mind says "sell high", there's no point in constantly selling unless you actually get the Choccies. Premierships are won by the team who is 1% better than the others.

At the end of the day, keeping Lachie means a reasonable chance of a premiership in the next 2 years. Selling Lachie would potentially improve our ability to stay top 8 for longer, but would probably be that 2% drop off that we would be significantly less likely to win a flag.

Happy to have him here.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Completely agree! A few should be directed towards Mighty Lions also… was spot on!
I questioned Mighty Lions, but only on his point that this was ALL a beat up from discussions about Lachie returning to Perth post career. There has to have been more to it if the club and Lachie didn't immediately squash the story. I'm glad it didn't take long for them to make a firm commitment and I never felt that it was a case of a disgruntled or a money hungry footballer.

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am a bit perplexed of the notion that Lachie is on this so called downward trajectory. The guy was a unanimous Brownlow favourite which he won, 2020 AFL Players’ Association MVP and won the Coaches award. In 2021, he doesn't have a full pre-season and for those who have followed football enough know the impact that this has on the next season. He then also has an injury filled year. What I find confusing is that so many are short sighted and can't remember back a year ago and want to cast him as on the downward spiral to the football scrap heap and let's quickly trade him in while he still has value! Knowing the internal drive this guy has watch out 2022 and just hope it is with us.

I literally never doubted Lachlan and I got SHOUTED DOWN for it. Shame on all of you

Brab your posting was such a disaster, and I quote, you made the Hindenburg look like a normal on time blimp landing.

You’re going to have to work hard to earn back the good people of bigfootys trust and respect.

I am a bit perplexed of the notion that Lachie is on this so called downward trajectory. The guy was a unanimous Brownlow favourite which he won, 2020 AFL Players’ Association MVP and won the Coaches award. In 2021, he doesn't have a full pre-season and for those who have followed football enough know the impact that this has on the next season. He then also has an injury filled year. What I find confusing is that so many are short sighted and can't remember back a year ago and want to cast him as on the downward spiral to the football scrap heap and let's quickly trade him in while he still has value! Knowing the internal drive this guy has watch out 2022 and just hope it is with us.

The only people claiming this are bigfooty Fremantle supporters who wanted to trade a fourth round pick for him. No one in the real world actually thinks this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back