News Ned Guy List Manager to leave after MD

Remove this Banner Ad

No we weren't. It's not a player with a high contract devaluing him, or who is insisting on being traded to only one other club. There would have been a bidding war for pick 2. We were just stupidly impatient. At the start of a rebuild, why you'd go for instnat gratification rather than waiting for asset to mature is beyond me.
We all know they could have got more (or less if we picked a dud) but none of that constitutes paying a low price for Daicos

So after one “dismal finals exit” one should expect to win at least one final the following year, but two “dismal finals exits” in consecutive years is a portent of a 17th finish?

Did you think at all before you typed that utter tripe?

Either way, the only way we could have avoided using our first rounder on Nicky D was to finish as spooners. Finish 17th and 18th bids, trade pick #2 and one of those teams bids.
Did you ignore half the quote? We were below standard when it mattered 2 years running and had a disasterous trade week (and off season) that saw the last 5 first round picks exit for bugger all and we basically hung Treloar out to dry and put it on the players saying they didn't want to play with him (OK paraphrasing). Throw in a couple of ageing stars. We were headed well down the ladder with certainty. Did I expect 17th - no, but I don't expect MUCH more which is what I said.

We'll see if North use pick 1 on Daicos but regardless I am sure we could have done a deal included in the Stephenson trade. Yes that against the rules and yes we couldn't be certain where North would finish.

In any case, could we have traded our firt rounder once we knew how early it wasIF we thougt it would be needed on Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back