Cars & Transportation Need Ideas!

Remove this Banner Ad

neng

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2008
London
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi guys, I recently had to remove my spoiler off of my 99 AU Falcon because it was cheap plastic and after a couple of accidents by mates, had cracked up. I took it off, only to find I have three holes where the bolts were remaining.

I have put electrical tape over them for the moment, but I need a better fix than this. I am a uni student, so I don't have the money for a panel beater to fox them up. So I was wondering what other methods I could use to fix them up. I thought of silicone or body filler... it's a maroon AU falcon, it couldn't get any more ugly anyway!

So yeah, any ideas will be appreciated!

Hi guys, I recently had to remove my spoiler off of my 99 AU Falcon because it was cheap plastic and after a couple of accidents by mates, had cracked up. I took it off, only to find I have three holes where the bolts were remaining.

I have put electrical tape over them for the moment, but I need a better fix than this. I am a uni student, so I don't have the money for a panel beater to fox them up. So I was wondering what other methods I could use to fix them up. I thought of silicone or body filler... it's a maroon AU falcon, it couldn't get any more ugly anyway!

So yeah, any ideas will be appreciated!
Simple-If you find out the diameter or size of the hole, you can buy If its three-four or however many holes lets just say four. Buy 4 rubber bung plugs of that size or diameter.
It will ensure instant water proof and plug the holes, also you can paint them the same colour as the car. say Red then paint them red and insert.

You have to make sure its sealed or your car is going to fill with water fast when it rains.

Options
1. Get a boot from a wreck Falcon that doesnt have a spoiler.

2. Use rubber grommets like MG said.

3. Buy some body filler and paint from somewhere like Supercheap and fill in the holes.

4. Just put some stickers/tape over it.

Cut the same size holes at the rear of your car. Get snorkels and fit them form the holes in the top of the boot to the holes at the back. Water comes straight in and is diverted straight out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back