Need Opinions!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well i am very close to Purchasing a new Laptop and i would be interested if anyone can give me some advice on this one here....

http://www.lmc.com.au/products/Note....3_MP/AGN/16.1\"WXGA/Vista_Premium/2_Yrs_Wnty

I am not that Computer minded, allthough i know enough to keep me out of trouble but an opinion on this model from someone maybe in I.T etc would be appreciated. My Budget is $1500.

Any thoughts appreciated ;)

Cheers Chism.

I'm on my second ASUS and can't fault it. M50VC Series. $1500 will buy a lot of lappy these days. I tend to go to the online storefronts, choose one that sounds good and then google the crap out of it for reviews. Then it's a bit of bartering at shop level and all good.

I'm on my second ASUS and can't fault it. M50VC Series. $1500 will buy a lot of lappy these days. I tend to go to the online storefronts, choose one that sounds good and then google the crap out of it for reviews. Then it's a bit of bartering at shop level and all good.

Exactly Thy i have mates and family with Asus and they rave about them!!

I have googled the Crap out of this one but the Only review i can find is a U.S one and they have different processors but the review was good!

http://vr-zone.com/articles/asus-x61gx/6725.html?doc=6725

Landmark is where I got mine from too. Have bought from them for years and would recommend them no probs. ASUS seem to be the only brand with that 2 year warranty @ no extra charge. Make sure the Office Suite is not just a trial. Screen size will probably limit your options as Gilly suggests. Otherwise, just buy the ****ing thing and have a ball. :thumbsu:

Landmark is where I got mine from too. Have bought from them for years and would recommend them no probs. ASUS seem to be the only brand with that 2 year warranty @ no extra charge. Make sure the Office Suite is not just a trial. Screen size will probably limit your options as Gilly suggests. Otherwise, just buy the ****ing thing and have a ball. :thumbsu:

Lol !!! Will do :D:D :thumbsu:

Have a look at these specs and let me know what you think

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]HP COMPAQ 6735B AMD-ATHLON QL-64 2.1GHz, 2GB, 320GB, 15.4" WXGA, XP PRO (#84169813)
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.1GHz, 3.6GHz FSB, 1MB cache
CHIPSET: AMD M780G Chipset
MEMORY: 2GB (1x 2GB) PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz, 2 SODIMM supporting dual channel Mem
HDD: 320GB 5,400RPM SATA hard drive
OPTICAL: SuperMulti DVD+/-RW Lightscribe drive
DISPLAY: 15.4" WXGA anti-glare display (1280 x 800 Res)
POWER: 6-cell Li-ion battery
AUDIO: High Definition Audio support w/24-bit DAC
GRAPHICS: ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics shared
COMMS: Broadcom 802.11a/b/g draft-n, Intg Broadcom NetLink Gigabit E'net Controller, BlueTooth
PORTS: 4 USB 2.0, VGA, S-video TV out, stereo Mic in, stereo headphone/line out, 1394a, power conn, RJ-11, RJ-45, serial, docking conn, secondary battery con
EXP SLOTS: Supports ExpressCard/54 & ExpressCard/34
WEBCAM: Intg VGA webcam with dual Mic array
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT (H/W/D): 33.6 x 356.0 x 265.4 mm, from 2.69 kg

The web page address is http://www.centrecom.com.au they some good choice, I like the Intel Chipset though, but you might have to pay a bit more.
[/FONT]

Fairly cheap, versatile...

abacus.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back