Oppo Camp Neeld Sacked - Craigy to take over

Remove this Banner Ad

9 goals up and another 2 minutes, it would have been another loss. To make matters worse it was a bottom 4 team. I wouldn't class it as a memorable win.

Unless Vlad buys them a coach, Craig is what they can afford. Finals are unrealistic for them for a few years, and NC can teach them a bit about winning culture. Bring in someone else as a finals coach then.

They won't make finals with Craig as senior coach. He expectations, demands and structures will be way to difficult fir the young kids on there list to understand.

He can not develop young, inexperienced kids. He needs a senior list of players who understand the physical and mental approach AFL football has to succeed.

He will be gone within 2 years.

They won't make finals with Craig as senior coach. He expectations, demands and structures will be way to difficult fir the young kids on there list to understand.

He can not develop young, inexperienced kids. He needs a senior list of players who understand the physical and mental approach AFL football has to succeed.

He will be gone within 2 years.
Quite possibly, but it will stink if the AFL bails them out so they can buy Roos or similar. Meanwhile, they have a player list that thinks its OK not to try. NC will knock that attitude of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Craigy gets a lot more love on the Melbourne board than he does here.

Sando would give his left nut for Craig's second year "blues".
Dees supporters should be happy with Craig, as a huge improvement on Neeld! Being competitive winning last week beats being flogged every week.

Craig was OK at the Crows, but his time was up.

Time to move on...

But strangely it was the younger, less experienced players that have lifted for Melbourne in the last 2 weeks. Suddenly Jack Watts looks like a footballer.

But strangely it was the younger, less experienced players that have lifted for Melbourne in the last 2 weeks. Suddenly Jack Watts looks like a footballer.

Jack Watts is 22 and has played 64 games. He is young yes, but he is still not playing like a 64 gamer.

In contrast Rory Sloane was drafted in the same year and played his 64th game this year. And because they are playing different positions I am not doing a direct comparison, but comparing them in their role and stature at their respective clubs. Chalk and cheese if you ask me.

I'll take our development model.
jack watts.JPG

Jack Watts is 22 and has played 64 games. He is young yes, but he is still not playing like a 64 gamer.

In contrast Rory Sloane was drafted in the same year and played his 64th game this year. And because they are playing different positions I am not doing a direct comparison, but comparing them in their role and stature at their respective clubs. Chalk and cheese if you ask me.

I'll take our development model.
View attachment 22490

Which was Craig if I'm not mistaken?

Which was Craig if I'm not mistaken?

Yes. Craig will whip the boys into shape.

But the previous "play the kids model" at Melbourne just didn't/couldn't develop kids. Developing kids requires a balance.

I put Jack Watt's game development on par with Lynch (drafted to St. Kilda in 2008 as well) who has only had 22 games, 16 of them with the Crows and 10 of them this year. In Two years at the Crows Lynch is passing Watts at Melbourne. I hope Lynch's development continues on this trajectory.

The "NOT playing KIDS under Craig" is a bit of a furfie as we didn't have high 1st round picks to snaffle ready made kids early in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back