Roast Negative AFC supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

We're all frustrated it's not all there yet, but it'll happen.

But will it happen? .... We have flirted with success for a long time. I thought we were on our way back up last year. I thought a 4-4 start to this season would be good if we were to make the finals, but right now we should be 6-2. I think we lost our confidence badly after throwing that game away vs Hawthorn, we win that and it is a morale boost and I think we would be 6-2. In the first 5 games I think we performed very good.

Very frustrating the way Seedsman blew it (I knew he was going to miss) and then Adelaide gave up that easy goal when they were trying their guts off since halftime. Good teams don't quit in games. Geelong are a very good team full of confidence, have recent success and are the premiership favorites for sure right now, we are not a good team right now and we lose focus easily in games and we need to fix this soon.

Go back to 2005, we started 4-4 and then went 13-1 for the rest of the season only losing to Geelong on their home ground so nothing is impossible and if we can get back to playing with attack and focus we should win most remaining games with the exception of West Coast at Subi and Geelong in Geelong. I think we can finish the season 15-7 at the very worst if we get back to the basics and get the belief back.

We're all frustrated it's not all there yet, but it'll happen.

hqdefault.jpg

I actually took some good things from that game.

Our young players that were not ready last year are showing they are ready now.

We need this process to continue.

Geelong were very very good. They have come to together really quickly for a team with so many changes, the way they stopped our quick play of the ball and destroyed our confidence to take the risky kick was elite.

I think it is a great reality check. If we can win the game against the Suns and then beat a flying GWS at home - we will be 6-4 which would be about right.

Then we can attack the back 9 with renewed vigour !!

We are not that good. Admitting that is easy. We are missing quality in the midfield and thanks to Tippett/Trigg we have a two year hole in our list. That's not easy to fill and in a league as competitive as ours could mean we never compete at the highest level.

Can someone start a Decades of Failure thread. I'd rather focus on the positives in my online fantasy life.

I get the negativity, and I do think at times its a bit OTT.

People can have an opinion and thats fine, but there's no need to shoot them down for having one. People have every right to be negative after what we saw last night. Its been near on 20 years since a flag and with GWS about to hit top gear it could be a while before we see another.

Sometimes its tough to stay eternally positive, even if its my preferred method.

I'm of the firm belief that supporters have the right to at times vent frustrations however on large I like to see constructive criticism and honest critique that points to what we are doing wrong and what we need to do better as a club and footy team

However there is no doubt that there are some on this board with their timing and style of posts where I do ask myself if they are a crows supporter or a port troll in disguise

Last edited:
Im not too sure what it looked like on Tv but being at the ground it was absolutely dismal to watch. Players walking around. Jogging to contests. While watching our opposition constantly on the move at pace. Our players deserve a roasting after that terrible effort.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Im not too sure what it looked like on Tv but being at the ground it was absolutely dismal to watch. Players walking around. Jogging to contests. While watching our opposition constantly on the move at pace. Our players deserve a roasting after that terrible effort.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
This is what I saw. Or Geelong are a super quick team.

So we can beat sides worse than us and then lose to sides better than us as usual? I don't get it. We have a much better run of matches coming up now and if we beat the crap sides everyone will be up and about again? If you can't beat the better sides you achieve nothing each and every year.

Same old story for how many years now...

That's a dumb comment.

You consistently play top sides week after week while those sides are also getting games against weaker team, then you get physically smashed without any lighter weeks, unlike the teams you're playing.

It progressively gets more difficult.

Think before you post.

Now we're talking about how hard our draw is compared to teams that beat us? Really? What inference is supposed to be drawn?

The inference is incredibly obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes because the Crows being ordinary is a new thing and certainly isn't something that has been happening since we fluked a couple of premierships 18 years ago.

You're one of the worst supporters I've ever seen and one of the first to pout and whinge on this site. It's really sad.

Like a series of ill-disciplined frees against North.

Like being unable to keep a lead late in the game against Hawthorn.

Like creating some big turnovers when we had a chance to win against the Bulldogs.

Like missing set sets from 15 metres out to take the lead from Geelong.

Yep, those losses were disappointing because we played well enough to put ourselves in a position to win.

What s your point? Just like listing things that went wrong?

If every single team is a 'tough match' we're not probably not that good.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Has anyone actually said "every team is a tough match" or are you just interested in empty strawman arguments?

Number of excuses in the OP is mediocre. Lift your game in future. You're competing with excuse makers at the elite level now. Elite standards are required.

Elite standards.

Remember those?

Lol. What a pathetic post. Wasn't even worth the number of time you clicked multi quote.

Is this going to be one of those things where you repeatedly claim to be 'done' only to come back with weaker responses that you've been stewing on?

I mean, I'm all for that, but I'd like to know in advance.

It's hard for him to rise to debate you, when your comments are as dumb as "we've lost for decades".

Honestly, that's so stupid and empty it's hard for someone to know where to start or if there's even any point wasting your time.

That's a dumb comment.

You consistently play top sides week after week while those sides are also getting games against weaker team, then you get physically smashed without any lighter weeks, unlike the teams you're playing.

Think before you post.
This is the major reason why Port turned to crap last season. No respite from having to front up week after week at the beginning of the season against all the top sides. Why else does the early fixture go so soft on AFL favourites and basket cases needing a leg up?

I get frustrated in that I think we are potentially that good. 22 contributors and we win, but at best we are getting 12-15 different ones each week. That's a mental issue, not a talent issue.

That's a dumb comment.

Think before you post.

Exactly! Why is this so hard for the ignorant masses to accept?

I get frustrated in that I think we are potentially that good. 22 contributors and we win, but at best we are getting 12-15 different ones each week. That's a mental issue, not a talent issue.

No one is denying it was a bad game. But the reality is we are bound to have a team full of very sore players, mentally flat from playing top teams every week over the past month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back