Review Negatives against Port (Maybe positives too)

Remove this Banner Ad

If this group has lost the “hunger” they will find it very hard to rediscover. We may as well start reworking the team now and introducing the players and game style to win us our next premiership. The only thing I see with that is a weak list in terms of what else we have waiting in the wings.
Can’t be that much weaker.

Johnson for Cole/Duggan, O’Neill for Redden/Sheed, Waterman for Darling, Cameron for Cripps, Williams for Hickey.

I doubt we would lose too much in those subs based on current form, and we’d gain a bit in terms of injecting some energy

Its hard to believe one of the most professional sporting organizations in Australia has entered the season out of condition. But the evidence is there for all to see. Its a combination of things but the glaring take out is too many of these players simply aren't fit.

-
If we can't contain Dixon how are we going to go against Riewoldt/Lynch?
I’d suggest that in 2020 Charlie Dixon is a much greater threat than Riewoldt and Lynch. Plenty of Tigers fans have wanted Riewoldt dropped for weeks now.

It's official - Ainsworth has to play

giphy.gif

Positives:
+ Jones did enough to earn a call up next week
+ Richmond look to be down on form and have to travel off a 5 day break
+ Dusty isn't having an impact
+ JK showed he still has something left to give
+ McGovern back next week

Negative:
- Brander's decision making
- Tim Kelly's disposal is becoming a real issue
- Schofield's brainfart killing off our momentum
- Darling's output

Sorry but wtf are you even talking about?
Do you think he got dropped for no reason? There was a contest in the goal square last week. Allen had first run at the footy. He moved slow and went on arc allowing McInernie to get front spot. Didn't want it. Got dropped. The kid will be a 200 gamer, but anyone who thinks leaving him in for Hickey would have made a difference is kidding themselves. West Coast have a contested ball problem and if they persist with their system they will be bottom 4 come seasons end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me there’s just too many guys that don’t want the ball. Darling in particular was absolutely rubbish today. He was not interested at all. So many times I saw the ball kicked in and he just let his man run straight to the football and allowed him to take the mark or help his teammate win the ball out of our forward line. He still can’t take a mark on his bloody chest or anywhere and is so out a form if there was a twos to drop him to, he should be dropped to the twos.
Barrass is another who is way out of sorts too, and I think it’s mental. He’s just not interested as he’s admitted he felt that way after the flag and it shows.
We turned up for 5 minutes in the third quarter, banged on three goals in a row and were only 11 points down, and then went back to not caring. It’s pretty embarrassing for our once great club to put this rubbish out on the field after a flag 2 seasons ago.

Do you think he got dropped for no reason? There was a contest in the goal square last week. Allen had first run at the footy. He moved slow and went on arc allowing McInernie to get front spot. Didn't want it. Got dropped. The kid will be a 200 gamer, but anyone who thinks leaving him in for Hickey would have made a difference is kidding themselves. West Coast have a contested ball problem and if they persist with their system they will be bottom 4 come seasons end.
So you've singled out one piece of play where Allen got in the wrong position for a marking contest to convince yourself that Allen doesn't want the ball? Honestly, what a load of crap. Considering how little anyone wanted the ball at all the last couple of weeks to pick out Allen is enough to make me think you've got some sort of irrational vendetta against him. He was one of the only guys who could actually handle the ball the last couple of games and his second and third efforts around the contest would kind of indicate that he did in fact want the ball.

Fold
The
Club

In all seriousness, what is there to say? We suck this year and there's little positive to say about it. Same hangovers from last year. Same disinterested, no plan B football with people under-performing and our system clearly exposed and weak. How many awful games do the likes of Darling have to play before being dropped? Add Sheed to that list, I won't be happy until he's dropped.

Mates and I were saying, the derby this year is going to actually be anyone's game. That hurts to say out loud, on here or anywhere.

So you've singled out one piece of play where Allen got in the wrong position for a marking contest to convince yourself that Allen doesn't want the ball? Honestly, what a load of crap. Considering how little anyone wanted the ball at all the last couple of weeks to pick out Allen is enough to make me think you've got some sort of irrational vendetta against him. He was one of the only guys who could actually handle the ball the last couple of games and his second and third efforts around the contest would kind of indicate that he did in fact want the ball.
Not sure why you're having a tanty about it.

At least he will have a decent crack and his kicking would be better than that being dished out by some of our more experienced players and indeed our star recruit.
What makes you think that? I would have thought some of our more experienced players and indeed our star recruit would have already been giving it a decent crack.

Fold
The
Club

In all seriousness, what is there to say? We suck this year and there's little positive to say about it. Same hangovers from last year. Same disinterested, no plan B football with people under-performing and our system clearly exposed and weak. How many awful games do the likes of Darling have to play before being dropped? Add Sheed to that list, I won't be happy until he's dropped.

Mates and I were saying, the derby this year is going to actually be anyone's game. That hurts to say out loud, on here or anywhere.
Everyone knows West Coast are soft and you can roll them with numbers around the ball while Sheed and Co stand flat footed on the outskirts waiting for the feed. Fremantle will start favourites IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back