Underdog

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Just watched the end of the Carlton game again and Phillips/Kruser were the ones that set it up for them . Lycett was knackered and brown isn't a ruckman . They had some seriously good hit outs to advantage to cripps and Gibbs then gettingIit into their forward line quickly . Carlton won a lot of clearances due to good tap work at the end

We can't play brown as a forward/Ruck anymore it's just not working and putting to much pressure on lycett to shoulder all the load .

Just bring in Giles slot him into FF and rotate him at least 40% with lycett especially against gawn .
I viewed the same and just posted as such in the Changes thread. We structure up to play two ruckmen, let's just do it.

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I viewed the same and just posted as such in the Changes thread. We structure up to play two ruckmen, let's just do it.
Plus Brown is just a hack

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
There is something off about Bomber these days...He seems so odd on AFL 360 like he isn't all there.
Having met (been on the piss with) Bomber, he is a top bloke but quite out there. He obviously knows his stuff and was/is a fantastic coach. Whether he fits into the structures of current football administrations is not clear. He is eccentric. But a really good guy.

Last edited:

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Can't see Bomber Thompson wanting to come to Perth?

Might be glad to get away from all the Melb media crap.
Gotta go where the work is and he does sound keen to be involved in a club again.
Also doesn't sound like he wants head coach job, just to be heard and listened to.

May 14, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
West Coast
It's taken me this long to bring myself to watch the replay of that game. Ugh. Wish I hadn't.

Positives:
+4 points
+McGovern
+Barass
+Simmo's look after the final siren (it was like looking in the mirror)
+LeCras/Cripps
+JDs intent/hard work (threw himself at everything)

Negatives
-Fumbles
-JKs marking and general ball handling
-JDs goal kicking
-Screwed up several goal chances by fartarsing around with it and/or taking the wrong option
-Last 10 mins of the last quarter. F*** me we played some stupid football. I just don't think our boys know what tempo football is when we are in FRONT and getting put under the pump. HOLD THE F****** BALL!!!! Take the sting out of the game. Make them defend and chase for 60 seconds. We were soft!
-Possible % boost lost

salo

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Having met (been on the piss with) Bomber, he is a top bloke but quite out there. He obviously knows his stuff and was/is a fantastic coach. Whether he fits into the structures of current football administrations is not clear. He is eccentric. But a really good guy.

i'd love to get on the sauce with bomber.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
It's nuts that Adelaide was so dominant and didn't win a flag.

The mid-late 2000s loved dominant H&A sides - Adelaide, St Kilda, Geelong and Collingwood all looked completely unstoppable for huge periods of time. Hawthorn have never been so utterly dominant throughout the season but just keep getting the job done in finals
Craig was too stubborn and defensive.

Tom_Thumb

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Not looking as bad last weeks game, Sydney struggling to put the Blues away today.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah...sorry, I wasn't questioning you but just shocked he had been mentioned at all and couldn't be bothered looking for the original post
I do like the idea of having a more experienced ex-coach type for Simmo to bounce ideas off and get advice from, but yeh, probably not Tony Shaw

Back