Autopsy Negatives vs Collingwood - Round 20, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The performances we have put up against North Melbourne,Essendon & now Collingwood all teams which are in the bottom 8 & are in rebuild mode just shows how much we have really declined in a fast way.Unfortunately every possibility we can give the wooden spoon a shake next season if our club doesn’t take drastic action & put the blow torch on everyone.

We have slow players in the midfield & don’t like contact Gaff ,Sheed & Redden.Two of them needed to be moved on.
Cripps, Langdon Darling & Jk all slow in our forward line.

Having four talls in Jk,Darling ,Allen & Waterman with small forwards who lack pace was shown up more than ever yesterday

Even our defence lacks speed Shepp,Duggan,Cole & Hurn are not super quick.

Yep super pissed over yesterday’s on Bunags 300th game

Rant over

The game has moved on from older name players and Simmo needs to see the powerhouses of a few years have crumbled Richmond ,Collingwood and WCE ,the odd one out is Geelong who have managed to recruit wisely whilst blooding younger ..

Is it just me but after the first quarter against a non contender, with finals in the balance, would you expect players to pull themselves together and go hard. I would have excused a report and a 50M penalty or two.
There was no pride. Something stinks in the club.
Reminds me of how we played the last month of 2013 which led to Woosha standing down.

We definitely need to move Kennedy and Hurn on at the end of the year.

Allen needs to settle in to 1 role at the club.
Permanent forward.

Why and get rid of the only leaders in the club ??

These two have been standing up this year its the other senior players who have consistently let the club down

I am happy for JK and Hurn to go around again next year.... Hurn might not now seeing his team mates don't give a s**t about him

Sadly Simpson and the assistant coaches have proven to be 2 standard deviations below the mean of big footy IQ. He is coming across as looking as dumb as dog s**t with his perpetual we will review and other crap lines he’s been trumping all year along with 0 tactical nouse.

* still seething..just finished watching the replay :mad:

That performance and especially the first half has to rate as one of the worst performances ever by the club

I have seen some bad losses in my time ....I remember the windy hill massacre and the early 2000s and the thrashings of 89 but that performance by a player group to another player and what he has accomplished for the club is F**king woeful. With some of our big losses you can give credit to the opposition as they where a better team....but collingwood are not. I don't want to credit away from the Pies but the amount of talent we had out there should of produced a better performance even if it was a loss

I feel ashamed to be a supporter today and feel so sorry for Hurn

I reckon the club will take a while to recover from this. You can make as many changes as you want but the mind side of the entire playing group has to change and based upon the evidence of what we have seen this year...they won't

Would love to see WCE draft a few mongrels
Our talent scouts should head down to Rockingham local to see what they can dig up

McGinnity would make club better.....

Couldn't just be that we used Lecca and Rioli off the back of the square to stop run ons pre 6 6 6 and that the new manning the mark rule makes it harder to force teams to kick high and long?

I get people being annoyed, but try and be a little rational.

5 things I learnt.
Players couldn’t perform when one of our greats is the first player to 300 games.
Have no idea how to Tackle.
Opposition gets a run on and we keep playing the same way.
Midfield plodders should be limited to one, Sheed or Redden.
Allen needs a rest.

Questions for Simmo
Have you ever thought about playing man on man when opposition gets a run on?
Is Hickmont the right person for the midfield coach because they are not competitive?
What type of marshmallow do you like?

Why and get rid of the only leaders in the club ??

These two have been standing up this year its the other senior players who have consistently let the club down

I am happy for JK and Hurn to go around again next year.... Hurn might not now seeing his team mates don't give a s**t about him

For the following reasons.
-kennedy whilst being a champion is stalling the development of Allen. He needs to be permanent forward not the part timer we have now.
-moving Allen forward to replace Kennedy frees up a spot for a second ruckman to ultimately replace natanui, unless you 5hink nicnat can play for 10 more years.
-hurn whilst being a champion isn't getting any quicker and one of the issues we face is rebound off our half back line and speed in our defence to pressure forwards.
-we need to refresh and rebuild our team.

My opinion anyway.

-kennedy whilst being a champion is stalling the development of Allen. He needs to be permanent forward not the part timer we have now.
-moving Allen forward to replace Kennedy frees up a spot for a second ruckman to ultimately replace natanui, unless you 5hink nicnat can play for 10 more years.
-hurn whilst being a champion isn't getting any quicker and one of the issues we face is rebound off our half back line and speed in our defence to pressure forwards.

My opinion anyway.
Agreed - its kind of obvious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My opinion anyway.
💯 Agree.

Great players but they are holding back yhe development of the next wave.

Our problems begin and end primarily in the midfield. It doesn’t matter how great your game plan is, if you can’t get first hands on the footy or apply high pressure to the opposition when they win the footy you’re gonna lose most games.
Our midfield relies on our ruckman to win the tap and then the contested footy out of the ball ups, because we are the worst midfield team in the comp for contested ball stats.
We brought in a 23 year old from the WAFL who proceeded to have 13 contested ball wins in his first game, and in the process made the rest of our mids look like the over rated, soft, bunch of pretenders they are.
You fix the midfield and it will fix most of the problems in our forward line and back line.

Our problems begin and end primarily in the midfield. It doesn’t matter how great your game plan is, if you can’t get first hands on the footy or apply high pressure to the opposition when they win the footy you’re gonna lose most games.
Our midfield relies on our ruckman to win the tap and then the contested footy out of the ball ups, because we are the worst midfield team in the comp for contested ball stats.
We brought in a 23 year old from the WAFL who proceeded to have 13 contested ball wins in his first game, and in the process made the rest of our mids look like the over rated, soft, bunch of pretenders they are.
You fix the midfield and it will fix most of the problems in our forward line and back line.
I agree somewhat and that would mean WC can only carry at most 1 of Sheed, Gaff and Kelly. Kelly has to stay, therefore Gaff and Sheed should be offloaded. Any inside mids any of those 2 could fetch?

I agree somewhat and that would mean WC can only carry at most 1 of Sheed, Gaff and Kelly. Kelly has to stay, therefore Gaff and Sheed should be offloaded. Any inside mids any of those 2 could fetch?
never should have given sheed that contract extension. the moment players sign big contracts their productivity falls knowing that they won't get dropped

never should have given sheed that contract extension. the moment players sign big contracts their productivity falls knowing that they won't get dropped
Should never give anyone a big contract.
3 years max at most.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

I agree with this definitely need new midfield coach. There is also a fundamental problem with slow ball movement especially out of the back of the back half.

I saw some posters criticising our foward line. The fact is the slow movement allows opposition teams two floodback. Despite winning the foward entry's last week kicks into the foward line were rarely kicked to advantage.

West Coast also need a dynamic Backman someone like Choll, Witherden or Alia Alia, who can create and setup running plays out of the back line.

I don't think that's the issue. Issue is the midfield dynamic is terrible. Sheed Gaff and Kelly are all small mids. They are all far too similar. A team who has excess inside mids but lacking outside mids would be a good trade partner for Gaff and/or Sheed

If the midfielders don't want to run and chase, would it be too much to ask that they at least just go and stand in the middle of the ground. So often Pies players streamed through the middle uncontested. At least making them go the long way home through the wings would give our defenders a slightly better chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back