Review Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think Kelly is really the problem- has shown glimpses coming back from injury while playing alongside two guys on limited minutes in Yeo and Shuey. We’re already missing our form midfielder of the season in Redden, not sure we go in even weaker just to prove a point.

McGovern I agree 100 per cent, and would be happy to see one of Darling or Cripps given a week in the seconds too

What is clear, and has been for some years, we don't have good onfield leadership and have not since Cuz.

Darren Glass?

Hurn was a very good captain and a director of play.

Shuey is a very good player but doesn't have that on field leader aura that you want. Not really a captain as such. More your 'does the job' type of guy.
NicNat, JK are both more captain like than Shuey.

Beau Waters

- Losing to bottom of the ladder team on OUR home deck after a week of soul searching to get THE BEST out of the group.

+ Yeo giving it to Gov for turning his back on the play allowing his direct apponent to mark the ball which ended up resulting in a goal.

Yes North played out of their skins but we kick straight early we have a match winning lead, if we kept the pressure up after hitting the front in the last we would have won.
Def a season defining game that one.

Correct there is no pressure but lets face it that job is more on Ryan, Cripps, Petch, and Langdon. Forward line pressure is rarely if ever build around the two tall targets being the pressure acts on ground. Bot JK and JD still put in trying to put pressure on but because Ryan, Cripps, and Petch are non existent it looks worse than it should.
It is our small forwards that the issue lies, certainly not JK.

I was never having a go at JK, re read my comments on him.

- Losing to bottom of the ladder team on OUR home deck after a week of soul searching to get THE BEST out of the group.

+ Yeo giving it to Gov for turning his back on the play allowing his direct apponent to mark the ball which ended up resulting in a goal.

Yes North played out of their skins but we kick straight early we have a match winning lead, if we kept the pressure up after hitting the front in the last we would have won.
Question is who was in the wrong and who was being petulant. It is unclear.

I was never having a go at JK, re read my comments on him.

I know you weren’t but you feel it’s time for him to move on so Allen gets a better go. I disagree with that, JK can still tear this comp up in a decent side. If we are going to rebuild then I think he will step aside. If we are going to have a final crack next season which I think we should then he must play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because he is a key forward and has kicked 2 goals in 5 weeks? I go to the games, he used to work his arse off. Used to tackle and apply pressure. Not seen any of that lately. As soon as the ball hits the deck in our forward line we are out of the contest.
You do realise he is not the only key forward and works well up the ground. Some of that creates opportunities for others. That said, he hasn't been in his top form and seems to have lost a bit of his normal efficiency but given the crap delivery into our forward line its no real surprise that he, Ryan, Kennedy and to a lesser degree Allen haven't been kicking a lot of goals. The problem is more in the back line which has no run and also the mids who just aren't getting space aa a result. Just dropping players on that basis will do nothing

You do realise he is not the only key forward and works well up the ground. Some of that creates opportunities for others. That said, he hasn't been in his top form and seems to have lost a bit of his normal efficiency but given the crap delivery into our forward line its no real surprise that he, Ryan, Kennedy and to a lesser degree Allen haven't been kicking a lot of goals. The problem is more in the back line which has no run and also the mids who just aren't getting space aa a result. Just dropping players on that basis will do nothing
Hi demeanour is very poor. Was watching closely this game. Beaten.

I know it's a bit trite and sounds like a sore loser. but one Jeff Dalgleish had quite a big say in the early stages when were playing OK given the conditions' He cost us three shots at goals at least among other poor decisions. That doesn't alter the fact that our game plan sucks and we probably would have lost anyway but he was so bad I just thought it was worth a mention.

Hi demeanour is very poor. Was watching closely this game. Beaten.
Yeah he was in this game. Walker was a perfect match for him and played well. He has similar size strength and pace and was able to keep him off balance....not the end of the world though, happens to everyone but you don't drop someone so important to the team because of that

Has had two injury affected seasons and everyone forgets the absolute gun he is. Literally the only one in the team that never stops fighting but the clowns in here would rather “14 disposals look at me” Yeo. Take a long hard look at yourselves for disrespecting the eagles best player of the last ten years.

fu** everyone trashing Shuey in here, is the best candidate for captain in the entire league. Would like too see anyone else on our team do what he did in the 2018 GF. If that isn’t leadership then what is you ******* flogs.
Some of its over the top but the grand final was 3 years ago.

He's had many great games since, but pinning everything on the GF is like the current clusterf*** of "credits in the bank".

Some of its over the top but the grand final was 3 years ago.

He's had many great games since, but pinning everything on the GF is like the current clusterf*** of "credits in the bank".
His first game back from injury he was BOG against Port before getting injured. Was the only player moving and breaking lines yesterday, what more can you want from a player that’s played 4 games this year? But Yeo gets a pass because he’s a big body and tries to fight people sometimes or something 😂

His first game back from injury he was BOG against Port before getting injured. Was the only player moving and breaking lines yesterday, what more can you want from a player that’s played 4 games this year? But Yeo gets a pass because he’s a big body and tries to fight people sometimes or something 😂
Hence I said he's had many great games since, Port being the last one.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree with Yeo.

Since he handed it in his footy has declined and of course our on field leadership has.
He was also 32 last season. Not entirely unexpected his footy declines a bit. Despite the drop off he is still well and truly entrenched in our best 22.

I'd be surprised if he plays on in 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back