Opinion Negativity In The Port Adelaide Supporter Base

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonny McSun, their list manager.

Maybe the list manager is responsible for the spuds they brought in but Dew is definitely responsible for Lyons going out. Publicly stated that they didn't think he was gonna get opportunities with them if he stayed. He'd just about be their best player FFS. It'd be like Ken delisting Boak.

Maybe the list manager is responsible for the spuds they brought in but Dew is definitely responsible for Lyons going out. Publicly stated that they didn't think he was gonna get opportunities with them if he stayed. He'd just about be their best player FFS. It'd be like Ken delisting Boak.
You mean like Ken forcing out Wingard?

Not saying your wrong but that could've been the clubs stance before Dew arrived.

You mean like Ken forcing out Wingard?

I'm far from happy about that, but at least we traded Wingard. As opposed to outright delisting him the week after we'd given up a third rounder for Tomas Bugg.

I'm still not convinced why Ken cops so much more s**t than all the other names you just mentioned. It's simple, you have a role, and if you can't do it right then people will want someone else, fine, but explain to ME why the Ken threads get so much more attention than any other threads on the names you just mentioned. Because he's the senior coach and has a bigger role? Because he's been around longer than any one of those names? Maybe, but that still does not excuse people antagonising him the way they have. There's a difference in just wanting him to go, and targeting him and everything about his personality for it. I'm saying you, in particular, have done this, you've simply put the foot down and said you want him gone. That's fine, I don't have a problem with that, but then you have the people that call him out on minor and pointless balls**t like him drinking coke or how many wrinkles he has, and THIS is why this thread exists. Do you see people making insults about Sam Gray's appearance? or Wines personality? I'm not shifting the goal posts here, I'm not trying to deny that Ken has plentiful reason to be distrusted, but was talking about the extent that we take this to, not the intention itself. That's what this thread is, it's not a Ken thread, it's a thread about the supporters and our behaviour.
I recommend people pay attention to this part because I think it's something that we often overlook.

I recommend people pay attention to this part because I think it's something that we often overlook.

OMG you are so right. Look over here. THIS is the part we should be paying attention to.

Don't look at the horrible losses.
Don't look at our lack of success.
Don't look at out terrible, inconsistent game plan.
Don't look at our incoherent selection policy.
Don't look at our lack of leadership
Don't look at Ken taking no responsibility and blaming the players.
Don't look at the lack of development.
Don't look at the rubbishing of our club history.

Look over here, someone facetiously made a wise crack about Ken's choice of drink. THAT'S the REAL issue we should be talking about!

That bolded part isn't the point of this thread. Don't change the goalposts because you're slowly coming to the realisation that he's awful.
As you said:
"This thread is about the negative vibe that has spawned within the Port Adelaide community over the past year or two on BigFooty. Please allow me to clarify a few things before posting your thoughts and opinions."

The issue is you then use this statement as a vehicle to defend Hinkley again here and act like he's blameless (NO. It almost seems like as soon as we lose a game nowadays everyone looks at the one person they can blame, which is absurd. Not ALL of our faults should be directed at just one person, and more importantly, we should not be holding a biased against that respective person either. "). People disagree with you and oppose you. Deal with it. You're welcome to defend Hinkley, but you have a habit of making an unfounded statement about Hinkley, and then in turn everyone here, people biting back, then you crying victim about it.

So you now have to quote and highlight your own post to try to get your point across? Time to logoff.
It was part of the contribution to the conveyance of the post and the only reason I highlighted it is because it's a point that I see people overlooking to often.

OMG you are so right. Look over here. THIS is the part we should be paying attention to.

Don't look at the horrible losses.
Don't look at our lack of success.
Don't look at out terrible, inconsistent game plan.
Don't look at our incoherent selection policy.
Don't look at our lack of leadership
Don't look at Ken taking no responsibility and blaming the players.
Don't look at the lack of development.
Don't look at the rubbishing of our club history.

Look over here, someone facetiously made a wise crack about Ken's choice of drink. THAT'S the REAL issue we should be talking about!
I never said we should ignore any of those things, I'm saying we shouldn't be trying to convey our distrust and disapproval with shitty unfunny Ken coke zero memes or any of that s**t. If people are upset about are horrible losses, then talk about the mother ******* losses for christ sake, what the * does Ken drinking coke have to do with it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rename this thread to banging your head into a brickwall courtesy of apples.

It's been explained correctly, and thoroughly why Hinkley cops more heat then others and still it goes on. At least with the correct name on the thread people will flick past it.

That bolded part isn't the point of this thread. Don't change the goalposts because you're slowly coming to the realisation that he's awful.
As you said:
"This thread is about the negative vibe that has spawned within the Port Adelaide community over the past year or two on BigFooty. Please allow me to clarify a few things before posting your thoughts and opinions."

The issue is you then use this statement as a vehicle to defend Hinkley again here and act like he's blameless (NO. It almost seems like as soon as we lose a game nowadays everyone looks at the one person they can blame, which is absurd. Not ALL of our faults should be directed at just one person, and more importantly, we should not be holding a biased against that respective person either. "). People disagree with you and oppose you. Deal with it. You're welcome to defend Hinkley, but you have a habit of making an unfounded statement about Hinkley, and then in turn everyone here, people biting back, then you crying victim about it.
I'm not the dam victim, nobody here is being victimized. I don't care if people disagree with me, I'm not trying to convince them otherwise, but it's about people UNDERSTANDING me, and right now they seem to be writing me off like my thoughts are alien, and I said in a former post that my opinion has always come off as natural in almost every other social media I have used.

Rename this thread to banging your head into a brickwall courtesy of apples.

It's been explained correctly, and thoroughly why Hinkley cops more heat then others and still it goes on. At least with the correct name on the thread people will flick past it.
Re-name the thread 'Click here to see the guy who doesn't get it'.

I never said we should ignore any of those things, I'm saying we shouldn't be trying to convey our distrust and disapproval with s**tty unfunny Ken coke zero memes or any of that s**t. If people are upset about are horrible losses, then talk about the mother ******* losses for christ sake, what the fu** does Ken drinking coke have to do with it?

Because he's not man enough to drink full strength Coke. For Christs mother *******s sake *.

Wasn't it you that pointed out his age when you called him an old guy?
Which had nothing to do with my point of conveyance in that post. I used it as an adjective more than anything, but it had * all to do with the rest of the post. I'm talking about the people on here who dedicate entire posts to shitty wallpapers of Ken drinking coke thinking it's har har funny, it isn't and it conveys nothing of importance.

I never said we should ignore any of those things, I'm saying we shouldn't be trying to convey our distrust and disapproval with s**tty unfunny Ken coke zero memes or any of that s**t. If people are upset about are horrible losses, then talk about the mother ******* losses for christ sake, what the fu** does Ken drinking coke have to do with it?

Who cares?

Public figures are always subject to satire and ridicule, sometimes over the most inconsequential and irrelevant things.

• Tony Abbott and his ears.
• John Howard and his eyebrows.
• Bruce McAvaney and his love of Cyril.
• Donald Trump and his orange complexion.
• Gary Lineker crapping his pants playing for England.

Ken loves to smash a Coke Zero and is often seen doing so after a moment of failure or high comedy from one of his players - hence memes.

Don’t clutch your pearls so hard, cripes.

Re-name the thread 'Click here to see the guy who doesn't get it'.
Yeah ok you're contributing nothing to this thread. Either join the conversation and contribute or * off. I don't care if you want to prove me wrong but you're not putting any effort in. You're doing nothing put making plain insults.

I'm not the dam victim, nobody here is being victimized. I don't care if people disagree with me, I'm not trying to convince them otherwise, but it's about people UNDERSTANDING me, and right now they seem to be writing me off like my thoughts are alien, and I said in a former post that my opinion has always come off as natural in almost every other social media I have used.

Your problem is that you are assuming people are misunderstanding you.

We understand you perfectly, especially when you write it in capitals, that really helps.

We just don't agree.

You say you aren't the victim and claim you don't care if people disagree yet here you are time and time again playing the victim (by claiming to be misunderstood) and arguing the point that you supposedly don't care about.

a pretty innocuous thing to get upset about.

If people were making up wallpapers or gifs of something more sinister (which they easily could) then sure but really i think the message is quite simple Ken does nothing but sip soft drink in crisis.

I wonder how he copes with Alyx's recorder rendition of the Titanic?

Your problem is that you are assuming people are misunderstanding you.

We understand you perfectly, especially when you write it in capitals, that really helps.

We just don't agree.

You say you aren't the victim and claim you don't care if people disagree yet here you are time and time again playing the victim (by claiming to be misunderstood) and arguing the point that you supposedly don't care about.
Think about it this way, whenever I've had a conversation with someone like Us against the rest, someone who also doesn't support Ken, he's always been willing to hear me out and understands my perspective, even if he doesn't agree with it, and that's all I really ask.

Them you have smug dipshits like manureid who keep branding me as "The person who doesn't get it" essentially applying that my perspective in inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back