Mod. Notice Negativity Towards the Club and Personal Attacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi legends,

We want to clarify our position about the negativity that has inundated this board and the personal attacks that seem to follow as a result. The mods are posters too and we have found that this has affected our own enjoyment of our online community.

It's perfectly reasonable to criticise the club, heaven knows they've done their best to give us reasons. :) Salary cap, selection, recruiting, game plan... the list goes on. As passionate supporters we want to discuss our views which may not always be favourable.

Having said that, there are posters that will take pot-shots at the club no matter what the topic of discussion is. They disappear after a win only to show up with the same bile after a loss. They never balance that with any praise for a player or any enjoyment from seeing Collingwood do well.

That type of poster will face a different experience on this board from now on. This serves as fair notice.

We need to tackle this as a community, so it's perfectly valid for others to call this behaviour out without insulting or attacking the poster in question. This brings us to the second part of this post.

Buying into tiffs between other posters by saying "What would you expect poster X is a flog", is not on; it isn't helpful at all and just leads to further conflict.

This forum has been a part of my life since 2010 (I lurked for a year) and it has been an amazing resource. It's up to us to set the tone and the standard.

Cheers,
J for and on behalf of the mod. team

Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:
I absolutely love it! Those toxic tears taste delicious! People hating on us and especially Nick Daicos doesn't confirm what we already know. We're the best. A ******* year one would know that negativity stems from feelings of jealousy and inferiority!

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER!!!!!!!!

I love it. Give us more I say.

The more successful you are, the more hate you get. I'd rather be a winner who wins than be a loser who loses:laughing:

What about negativity to players?
This thread was started as some posters had a tendency to be negative about the poster rather than the content of the post.

It is natural to be critical of a player/coach and how they played/coached, I imagine we all have done it at a time.

If you read a post that you believe isn't about how they played and crosses a line, then report the post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back