Negotiating tour itineraries - farcical

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain to me why we are negotiating a tour itinerary/venue location with India?

Sure I can understand they might put requests in for certain warm up games, indeed i believe they have control over whether a day/night match is played.

But having them dictate the venues... spare me.

Imagine if we went on the Ashes and refused to play at The Oval or Edgbaston....

Can someone explain to me why we are negotiating a tour itinerary/venue location with India?

Sure I can understand they might put requests in for certain warm up games, indeed i believe they have control over whether a day/night match is played.

But having them dictate the venues... spare me.

Imagine if we went on the Ashes and refused to play at The Oval or Edgbaston....
Don't bite the hand that feeds you? Australian cricket would be in a very bad place if not for financial contributions from India.

2014: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21855372/waca-stripped-test-2014-15
"Though a traditional Test match venue with a proud history, the WACA ground has the smallest capacity of the five mainland Test venues and has historically attracted lower attendances," Sutherland said. "The WACA has been working hard to improve the facilities for its fans but it still requires significant improvements."

2019: https://thewest.com.au/sport/cricke...ndia-test-as-gabba-set-to-host-ng-b881464602z
Cricket Australia have emphatically denied reports today that Perth will miss out on hosting Test powerhouse India at Optus Stadium next summer.
An ESPNcricinfo report claims that India’s cricket governing body agreed to start the highly-anticipated four-Test series against Australia in Brisbane before a day-night clash, likely in Adelaide.

Cricket Australia's capacity for retrograde stupidity never ceases to amaze - pulls a Test from WA due to poor crowds and substandard facilities, then evidently refuses to apply the same criteria anywhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back