Rumour Neil Balme is not the Head of Football

In the wake of the Balme bad news, do you think Darren Burgess will be at the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this was posted here already but Caro today on 5AA said Balme was very interested to come but she thinks Richmond persuaded him to stay, anyway Rowey said he has talked to Balme personally and will have him on 5AA when Richmond allow him to. She also mentioned Burgoyne but not to crows, AFL has pitched a job to him.

Thinking about this a few days on, I wonder if the reason we didn't bother hosing down the rumours that were out there was that we were extremely confident that he was coming?

Thinking about this a few days on, I wonder if the reason we didn't bother hosing down the rumours that were out there was that we were extremely confident that he was coming?

From what Caro said on 5aa, it is likely just that, she thinks he changed his mind very late, seems Brendan Gale talked Balme into staying..

Let's face it, no-one is coming to the crows.

Not Balme, not Burguyoune, not Burgess, not Dawson, not Rankine.

We need to focus on nailing this draft.

That’s my starting position; any actual recruitment move is a bonus.

It’s a sad, deflated position but that is where we find ourselves.

Not sure if this was posted here already but Caro today on 5AA said Balme was very interested to come but she thinks Richmond persuaded him to stay, anyway Rowey said he has talked to Balme personally and will have him on 5AA when Richmond allow him to. She also mentioned Burgoyne but not to crows, AFL has pitched a job to him.
Kind of make sense why the discussion went after weekend and well into Monday with "news" he was going to sign with us until Balme decided late Monday. If nothing changes next year, I'm more certain Balme will sign with us end of next year.

Incidentally I can't believe the club had me actually believing for a bit there.

I should have known they'd * it up.

Liar. We know you'd never believe anything positive about the club.

******* hell.

I take back all my skepticism of our new management, they're the real deal.

Consider me 100% on board with this new version of the AFC.

edit: that being said I'd be quite happy if we told Kelly to pack his bags after his fu** ups. Would rather than than shuffle him sideways while keeping him on the book draining our soft cap. Otherwise he could become our next Smart.

you were saying?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have promoted from within for their new High Performance Manager.

Cross Burgo off their list.

Port have promoted from within for their new High Performance Manager.

Cross Burgo off their list.
Trade Twitter guy wrong about Burton...??

So. With Balme out of contract at Richmond at the end of next seaon, do we approach him again?

Of course I'd take him but surely after three years in the roles guys like Nick's and Kelly don't need that kind of role around them. I guess it's possible Justin Reid might have been moved on by then and we have a new inexperienced list manager.

Anyone listen to Balme's interview on AA?

Sounded to me like Richmond said you're not going anywhere....

yes i heard it, who knows mate, seems pretty far fetched when he said when the media leaked it he hadn't even spoken to anyone from adelaide yet, i doubt that very much that seems like a fib he's telling right there. Anyway, Rowe asked him about 5 times if theres a chance for 2023 LOL and he didn't knock it back so lets see this time next year.

yes i heard it, who knows mate, seems pretty far fetched when he said when the media leaked it he hadn't even spoken to anyone from adelaide yet, i doubt that very much that seems like a fib he's telling right there. Anyway, Rowe asked him about 5 times if theres a chance for 2023 LOL and he didn't knock it back so lets see this time next year.
He contradicted himself a few times which gave me the impression he wanted to come or at least was very interested.

Back