Universal Love Neil Balme - On The Mark Interview

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Im not good at linking things but it’s on the club website, please watch in full, will bring a smile to your face. Some highlights...

1) Spoken to players about Geelongs inability to go back to back.

2) Said how he’s a tiger, and when retired, will always be a tiger.

3) Mentioned how Daniel Rioli could be the best Rioli of the lot.

4) Smirked and spoke about another Rioli who’s maybe the best of them coming along.

5) was asked many Tom Lynch questions.

6) Spoke about the balance between retaining our current players whilst adding Tom Lynch.

Just an awesome interview, love Balmy

I like how he sees both sides of things, and wants relative ease to do the work, but isn't stressed that players are human.

Doesn't overcomplicate things, but sees the complexities in the world. Difficult thing to do.

And aren't the girls so much better than the male footy media! They seem interested in and knowledgeable about the AFL. The dinosaurs that masquerade as expert ex-players are idiots.
So not as much a love affair with the women, as their relative competence stands out against the guys. :rolleyes:

I like how he sees both sides of things, and wants relative ease to do the work, but isn't stressed that players are human.

Doesn't overcomplicate things, but sees the complexities in the world. Difficult thing to do.

And aren't the girls so much better than the male footy media! They seem interested in and knowledgeable about the AFL. The dinosaurs that masquerade as expert ex-players are idiots.
So not as much a love affair with the women, as their relative competence stands out against the guys. :rolleyes:
Nothing wrong with a love affair with women...

I thought he was very good and stood his ground well in the face of an increasingly used technique of asking a question then returning to it again & again between other questions. As though trying to wear him down.....becoming more of an interrogation method....;)

Nothing wrong with a love affair with women...

Very true.

More that they seemed actually competent as football media. And that seems strange. It shouldn't feel strange that football media ask sensible questions based on decent knowledge. But it does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how a footy club can turn it around with the right people on board balme to the r.f c has been a god send he is a awesome operator.
I significantly underestimated the bloke , I think in part from the disappointment that he’d spurned rfc approaches in the past in favour of remaining at Geelong which in reality you can’t blame a fella for. Balmey has been like the conductor of a Symphony orchestra , he’s made every working part produce a spell binding tune

Remove this Banner Ad

Back