Neil Balme

Remove this Banner Ad

The facts are that Balme has been an integral part of a successful premiership campaign. Perhaps he should get into the wrong car more often.

good morning :thumbsu:

Yeah, I am reading the lip service stuff, but can his supposed input be actually identified in any way, or does he employ some mystical "Balmey" type powers?

I think if someone is going to get credit for Richmond's win, it must surely be the game day tacticians who have had the overwhelming input. Going by Hardwick's previous history of underwhelming results, then I suspect it is one of the new additions to the coaching panel. Tactics have made the major difference to Richmond in 2017, not list management, "Balmey", or the "roar-o-meter".
Balme was pivotal in last years trade period.

All Geelong fans owe a great deal of gratitude to Neil Balme, after the review of 2006 he was brought in specifically as the football operations manager literally to a tee... he looked after the players, he made sure the coaches were coaching, contracts, liaison and general listener to all things related to the well being of the playing group. 8 years later and 3 flags Balme did a great job and he traveled every day down there...super effort. What was Eddie thinking? Tigers now get the benefit. He's the best in the business at what he does. You just have to watch out for his injury reports...his "he'll be right to go in two weeks" generally means that player is out for the season!;)

Anyone catch his interview on Fox Footy's "On the Mark" tonight ?

Made the heart pump a bit harder when he was asked about his time in footy and all he's done across several clubs, and if he was forced to sit down on the couch in retirement with a beer, where would his allegiances lie.

Not once, but twice, he unequivocally said "RICHMOND."

Took us a while, but we finally got the right bloke for that role. Thanks Balmey.

he has a bloody amazing record as an administrator.

Could have been a good coach too, just got slaughtered with injuries

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great bloke.
Wish he was still involved at the Pies in some way.

Anyone catch his interview on Fox Footy's "On the Mark" tonight ?

Made the heart pump a bit harder when he was asked about his time in footy and all he's done across several clubs, and if he was forced to sit down on the couch in retirement with a beer, where would his allegiances lie.

Not once, but twice, he unequivocally said "RICHMOND."

Took us a while, but we finally got the right bloke for that role. Thanks Balmey.

He did play in premierships for the mighty Tigers,Richmond playing legend,love the bloke,he is a steady ship captain,he would have saved all those lost on the Titanic that's for sure,does not panic.

I still have enormous faith in Hardwick also,a listener and takes feedback on how to improve,he travels to the USA to study coaching,I never wanted him to leave,the players love him,he has taken players in to the Hardwick household,the bloke is a truly great human being.

Richmond have always had a big soul,a big heart but too much passion (yes smasha you,pull your head in:drunk:),Peggy,Benny and Damian have used that passion wisely and positively,not done anything rash,look at that board takeover proposal last year,I didn't vote for them ,most of the Tiger faithful didn't,they stood by current administration because they knew our club was steered by calm,positive people who don't make rash decisions,sometimes I see a few of em in the social and they are rapt the club has turned it around as well going by the enormous smiles on the faces,mate ,if I was in the Richmond board,we would be a wreck,I am over excited,too passionate for my own good like alot of Tigers but we can use that passion at the game and support the players who run out on the field and buy our memberships and merch,and provide the famous Tiger roar,GWS final last year,I don't think I will hear volume of that level ever again,when Lambert kicked the goal,my gf held her ears,everyone looked at each other with mouths agape,felt like a flock of f18s went over us,the volume was unbelievable.

Thank you Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when he coached Norwood in the 80's. Took them to a few premiserships.

The only team to ever come from 5th and win a flag.

Balmey was a very popular identity at Norwood who were a strong and well administered club in Balme's tenure. Secretary/Manager at the time was Wally Miller and I would think Balmey may have moulded some of his admin skills during this period.

As for coaching, he won 2 flags in 11 seasons, and with the talent available to the club in this period, one may argue that he under-achieved a little.

Great bloke though, what you see is what you get with Neil Balme.

yep in an inferior league

in the 80's cuz the standard was top notch with great players and great teams and winning flags was no snack.

crap on all u like but the facts are u needed to be good to win and coming from 5th was an amazing achievement.

yep in an inferior league

That old chestnut, my league had more good footballers than yours - how many VFL games did Stephen Michael play, 1983 All Australian captain, fortunately the AFL has all the best players, not like the VFL with only some.
Michael is but one example.

That old chestnut, my league had more good footballers than yours - how many VFL games did Stephen Michael play, 1983 All Australian captain, fortunately the AFL has all the best players, not like the VFL with only some.
Michael is but one example.
they had a great record v the VFL clubs during the night series in the 70s and 80s.

I guess thats why Victorian players wanted to go test themselves in the WAFL and SANFL

Balmey was a very popular identity at Norwood who were a strong and well administered club in Balme's tenure. Secretary/Manager at the time was Wally Miller and I would think Balmey may have moulded some of his admin skills during this period.

As for coaching, he won 2 flags in 11 seasons, and with the talent available to the club in this period, one may argue that he under-achieved a little.

Great bloke though, what you see is what you get with Neil Balme.

Not to mention Mr G.F McMahon, a get it done President.