Neil Mitchell - Plot against Eagles

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Very funny stuff this. LMAO

Victorians plot to negate West Coast’s Optus Stadium advantage for Melbourne preliminary final

West Coast's chances of whisking the AFL premiership cup across the Nullarbor for a fourth time must be worrying Victorians as they resort to increasingly bizarre attempts to negate the home ground advantage for this Saturday's preliminary final.

Melbourne fans are reportedly buying tickets to the final only to stay Victoria in order to leave empty seats at Optus Stadium.

Shock jock Neil Mitchell from radio station 3AW made the claim on Monday as he spoke about the advantages the Eagles will have against the Demons in Perth.

“I was talking to some AFL people on Friday night who reckon the local crowd gives them a three goal advantage, they call it the cauldron," he said.

"I know Melbourne supporters are buying their tickets in Perth with their membership numbers, they can't afford to fly over but they are going to leave the seats empty just to keep West Coast supporters out."

Eagles forward Josh Kennedy laughed at the idea, saying he expected nothing less than a capacity crowd at Optus Stadium.

"I’ve got no doubt there will be plenty of people coming over from Melbourne and all over the State to the game."

Mitchell devoted the start of his Monday morning show to detail a self described "plot" to negate West Coast's home-ground advantage.

"I want to stick it to the people in Perth," he said.

His plan was to stream live vision of Melbourne fans in Victoria onto the big screen at Optus Stadium.

“Get the banners, and the floggers, and the big heads: get them together like a real game and ask Channel 7 if they can get live pictures to Perth of the supporters here in Melbourne," he said.

“Imagine players running out, hearing the boos from the crowd, and looking up to see their own support team thousands of kilometres away.”

Seven Network Melbourne managing director Lewis Martin threw his support behind the plan.

“We have already had a technical meeting off the back of (Neil's) suggestion and we are making sure Simon Goodwin can point to a screen at any given time and say, boys we are not alone,” he said.

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its not April the first is it? Nothing against Melbourne or their supporters, but I hope the Eagles flog the Demons because of blokes like that conceited windbag Neil Mitchell. I, and many other Pies supporters have never forgiven him for his calculated, malicious behaviour towards our club following the 2010 Premiership win, and also on many other occasions. Despise the sanctimonious clown.

Last edited:
Not the only tactic they are trying. They are also giving their membership numbers to Dockers fans and getting them to attend as their proxy.

They've essentially outsourced their supporting :think:

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Neil Mitchell's a shock jock?

Melbourne supporters should band together and get some fluoro yellow caps so that they can identifiy one another - ala West Coast fans at the 1991 GF.

Yeah he's hardly a shock jock. Basically anyone on radio who isn't a card carrying communist is called a shock jock.

Back