Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
A sad loss, but as this thread proves, hardly unexpected. The quality of comment from various commentators and politicians, and the slickness of the media coverage are such, it's as if they had been prepared beforehand. Studied spontaneity is now the stuff of journalism.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Ever since I started this thread, there has been no evidence that he was ever alive except for statements by his family and the government.

Just sayin'.
It was remiss of the family not to rebut your assertion, and this is the essential issue currently to be addressed. Still, at least you can say you were right, eventually. Your moment in the sun.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
personally i think he was dead years ago but it was just a conspiracy to have him publicly die on the same day as my ex-gf's birthday. not bitter or anything. just sayin'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
personally i think he was dead years ago but it was just a conspiracy to have him publicly die on the same day as my ex-gf's birthday. not bitter or anything. just sayin'.
He was always a one to embrace the 'big picture', so what you say rings true.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Let's just discuss his legacy, huh.
Quite so. We wouldn't want to upset him at this late stage. Let's just contemplate how much closer we all are to sainthood by the mere fact of having shared a planet with such a man. Such a pity he won't be here to hear and see it. Then again, maybe not. My bet is he'd be vomiting in his death bed, were he still able.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Screw that... He died on my current gf birthday.. Here we are sipping Jerusalem artichoke consommé and this guys dies... Her words... Oh on my birthday too..

I said never mind dear, he's been dead for weeks, The Passenger told me so.

All things aside, RIP to a man that lived a grand long life. Bisous

A great man with an incredible legacy; and like all inspirational revolutionaries, not immune to amusing merchandising:
WGBdJwR.jpg

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I find it a touch ironic that the media are using clips of him handing over the Rugby WC trophy to the winning captain.

I'll be off my food for weeks.

Any KIWI's here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back