Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

I'm a bit conflicted here by the penalty. Thirty two years for the murder of a 'not-so-innocent' man? IMO one of the worst things you can do is betray your family. Maybe the killer's anger should have been directed more towards his wife because she was the one who was cheating (the most). It also sounds like they were given fair warning to stop.

If you have a belief it shouldn't change just because you move to a new country, should it? It's also clear that the whole family lived by the doctrine of their former country/religion, so should be judged by it to a degree. I get that people need to live by the laws of the country they live in but they should also live by their beliefs. Dunno. I think the penalty will be appealed.

*BTW, I think all murderers should be locked away forever, but they aren't, so penalties should otherwise be relative.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
'Honour' killings are a disgraceful scourge no matter where you come from. Even countries where they were previously deemed acceptable are waking up to this fact.
I agree but their beliefs/religion is up to them as long as the religion is 'legit'. However, I don't think this is really an honour killing, it's a husband who's found his wife cheating with his nephew.

What about this one? He got life. :thumbsu:

A central Queensland meatworker has been sentenced to life in jail for killing his friend by chopping his head off in a rage over his wife's affair with the deceased's brother.

Mr Alam's headless body was found on the banks of Rockhampton's Fitzroy River in April 2016, 11 days after he went missing.
The victim's head was found nearby, wrapped in jeans.
A small axe was also found in the area a day later.
Khan had pleaded not guilty to Mr Alam's murder and has been in custody since May 2016.
Although the sexual affair between Mr Alam's brother, Sha Alam Sha Alam, and Mr Khan's wife, Suparti Suparti, ended seven weeks earlier, Mr Khan became violent when the issue of naked photos of Ms Suparti was brought up, the court was told.

Back