Nerve reaction in my elbow/hand

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
So I woke up yesterday with a semi strange feeling in my left hand, like a tingling on the top of my hand and through some of fingers. It came and went. I though it strange but assumed it would pass

So the day went and I started to notice a trend where if I lifted my arm from the elbow up (imagine like flexing a bicep), the tingling/numbness increased or came back if it was there. It would also increase if I rotated my hand at the wrist counter clockwise.
So again I thought it strange but assumed it would pass.

That night I get home and sit down at my computer and do a very normal casual thing and place my elbow on the edge of my computer desk and my arm goes boom, like hitting my funny bone 10x over. I get the feelings I had been getting all day shoot right through my arm and to my hand, then instantly go away once I removed my arm

Since then I've learned that as soon as I touch that part of my elbow with 100% consistency it will trigger this nerve reaction in my arm. I can also feel it slightly in my forearm.

So I'm assuming the night before I started feeling this I was at my computer sitting with my arm on the edge as I always do its done some damage on some nerves or did something else to make this reaction.

I hate doctors and my gut feel is that this is something that will just pass over a few days so I dont want to waste half a day in a waiting room for a doc to tell me just come back in a week if its still there, so I come to you guys as you may know of whats happening and whether its something I need to get looked at

Ulnar nerve irritation at the elbow (medial epicondyle). Usually from spending too much time leaning on elbow or with elbow spent in a bent position.

Stop leaning on elbow and avoid elbow flexion - keep elbow straight as much as possible, even at night. If persisting look up 'ulnar nerve flossing' exercises on youtube by mike abelson (i think his name is)...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back