Netball Netball - ANZ Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed, received a press release about this move on the e-mail and will be writing a story soon.

Surely Cox will take court time ahead of Beveridge?

Yeah Cox would have to be given the nod. Interesting move from Beveridge, not sure why she'd move to a club were she will receive reduced court time?

Do you mind if we could have a link to some of your work Ben.Carbonaro? I'd be very interested to have a read :)

Yeah Cox would have to be given the nod. Interesting move from Beveridge, not sure why she'd move to a club were she will receive reduced court time?

Do you mind if we could have a link to some of your work Ben.Carbonaro? I'd be very interested to have a read :)

Beveridge apparently moved back for family reasons as well (also Cath Cox cannot have that many games left)

And yes Ben would love to read anything - lets start with retiring players from season 2011/12 players who have changed clubs and anything you have on state mixed teams (most high ranking female teams now train primarily against the men these days)

Beveridge apparently moved back for family reasons as well (also Cath Cox cannot have that many games left)

And yes Ben would love to read anything - lets start with retiring players from season 2011/12 players who have changed clubs and anything you have on state mixed teams (most high ranking female teams now train primarily against the men these days)

I'll give you some links of my ANZ Championship coverage and the odd feature article as well for you guys to have a look at.

Lauren Nourse retirement- http://www.sportsaustralia.com/articles/news.php?id=11658
Vixens Grand Final piece featuring Tegan Caldwell- http://www.sportsaustralia.com/articles/news.php?id=11485
Match report of Waikato/Bay of Plenty Magic v Northern Mystics http://www.sportsaustralia.com/articles/news.php?id=11458
Reflection on Vixens coach Julie Hoornweg- http://www.netballscoop.com/2012/08/era/
Nat Medhurst winning the Firebirds best and fairest- http://www.netballscoop.com/2012/08/medhursts-flame-burns-brightly/
Geva Mentor winning the Vixens best and fairest- http://netballscoop.com/2012/07/mentor-named-vixens-best/

Please let me know if you would like to read more

Interviewed West Coast Fever and Australian Diamonds midcourter Ash Brazill tonight, stay tuned to the Three Feet Radio in the next few days to hear what was a very relaxed chat ahead of the Diamonds first game of 2012 against traditional rivals New Zealand.

Anyone here heading along to the Test in Melbourne on Sunday?

Unfortunately I can't head along due to football commitments.

I was able to watch the game on replay last night.

The Australian shooters struggled to convert opportunities to score when it mattered and this allowed for the Silver Ferns to control the game, Irene van Dyk was on fire.

Bassett coming on in the last quarter was a positive too.

Van Dyk was unbelievable, would Alexander be regretting leaving Fuhrmann out of the squad?

Bassett was very good when she came on, should have made the change earlier.

my question is - how is it that Cath Cox gets a start before Bassett? I just dont get it, yes Cath moves well but her shot range is too far out (compare it to Van Dyk and you can see why one is at 95% and the other is at 75%). Surely goaling % should be the number 1 focus of the group this week

The Fever have finalised their squad this afternoon with the signing of prominent local player, Lisa Millman.

West Coast Fever 2013

Caitlin Bassett
Susan Fuhrmann
Eboni Beckford-Chambers
Andrea Gilmore
Kate Beveridge
Chanel Gomes
Shae Bolton
Josie Janz
Ashleigh Brazill
Lisa Millman
Catherine Cox (Captain)
Verity Simmons

The Fever have finalised their squad this afternoon with the signing of prominent local player, Lisa Millman.

West Coast Fever 2013

Caitlin Bassett
Susan Fuhrmann
Eboni Beckford-Chambers
Andrea Gilmore
Kate Beveridge
Chanel Gomes
Shae Bolton
Josie Janz
Ashleigh Brazill
Lisa Millman
Catherine Cox (Captain)
Verity Simmons

Do you think they can make top 4? do you think they'll improve? where does Lisa Millman play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think they can make top 4? do you think they'll improve? where does Lisa Millman play?

Even though we have been side who have under performed for such a long period of time, I think top 4 is not out of the realms of possibility for next year. The team started to gel towards the end of last year and winning at home will go a long way to ensuring we can at least finish in the top half of the table.

Millman is abit of a utility player who can line up at WA, GA or GS

Even though we have been side who have under performed for such a long period of time, I think top 4 is not out of the realms of possibility for next year. The team started to gel towards the end of last year and winning at home will go a long way to ensuring we can at least finish in the top half of the table.

Millman is abit of a utility player who can line up at WA, GA or GS

top 4?? that's a big call - so who from above do you think will slide? and what will be the starting 7?

top 4?? that's a big call - so who from above do you think will slide? and what will be the starting 7?
I didn't say that I thought we'd make it, just saying that's it's possible. Realistically I think a finish around 6th spot will be achievable for us.

I don't think the starting line up will change to much, I don't think any of the players we have recruited will be able to crack into the 7 we currently start with

I didn't say that I thought we'd make it, just saying that's it's possible. Realistically I think a finish around 6th spot will be achievable for us.

I don't think the starting line up will change to much, I don't think any of the players we have recruited will be able to crack into the 7 we currently start with

Beveridge wont be starting 7??? interesting indeed from a Vic perspective, her fall from grace is really in freefall mode

West Coast Fever 2013

Caitlin Bassett
Susan Fuhrmann
Eboni Beckford-Chambers
Andrea Gilmore
Kate Beveridge
Chanel Gomes
Shae Bolton
Josie Janz
Ashleigh Brazill
Lisa Millman
Catherine Cox (Captain)
Verity Simmons

In Victoria there are rumours everywhere that Shae has walked out on the Fever, apparently to follow Mitch to Melbourne? I thought she had just signed a new deal with the Fever? can you put this rumour to bed for me?

In Victoria there are rumours everywhere that Shae has walked out on the Fever, apparently to follow Mitch to Melbourne? I thought she had just signed a new deal with the Fever? can you put this rumour to bed for me?
She has signed a 1 year deal and I would imagine will follow Mitch home when his contract runs out after next season.

Good to see another player who has been a Vixens replacement player and has also been part of the Victorian Fury program.

Stephanie Puopolo has signed as the third shooter behind Carla Borrego and Erin Bell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back