News Netball new dresses/logos discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really though, league authorities have missed out big time with such a gimmicky league name. I know that they were always going to have a naming rights sponsor, but with a fresh start why couldn't they pick something respectable and conservative? Even the Suncorp Netball League would've been better than "Super Netball".

I'm just gonna throw my two cents in here, out of context.

I love netball. I've played for a decade socially, and at club level for HalF that time in both mens grade and mixed. it's a fantastic sport that doesn't get the mainstream recognition it deserves (yet).

It still has a ridiculous stigma as a girls sport. whenever footy looks a little softer, the comparison is made. I've been called every homophobic slur you can Imagine (often, ironically by footy players who shower together), and it still thought of as a hobby for girls, not a career.

While a reformatting of the league is a great thing to dispel the latter, and mens netball is growing, I think this league will create a massive identity crisis for a sport trying to gain recognition. teaming up with footy clubs, especially those who have AFLW teams like Collingwood, WILL lead to a player drain, I have no doubt.

It also creates an identity crisis that we've seen before with the thunderbirds here in Adelaide. they were far too closely aligned with port, which stifled their fan exposure and their creative marketing. I firmly believe teams and leagues need to stand on their own and independently of other organisations.

I watched the GF of last season and it was a great spectacle. The recent changes they made to get rid of the constant whistle-blowing by the refs actually makes a huge difference.

What really bugs me about these new sides is the names. 'Giants Netball' and 'Magpies Netball Club' just sounds so awkward alongside traditional [hometown] [mascot] names.

I watched the GF of last season and it was a great spectacle. The recent changes they made to get rid of the constant whistle-blowing by the refs actually makes a huge difference.

What really bugs me about these new sides is the names. 'Giants Netball' and 'Magpies Netball Club' just sounds so awkward alongside traditional [hometown] [mascot] names.

We're trading as "Collingwood Magpies" though. There's been no omission of the Collingwood name in this netball team.

Looking through the fixture, I noticed the Giants home games are nearly a 50/50 split between various Sydney venues (but not necessarily Western Sydney venues) and AIS Arena in Canberra.
Perhaps this is why they don't have the GWS name.

Looking through the fixture, I noticed the Giants home games are nearly a 50/50 split between various Sydney venues (but not necessarily Western Sydney venues) and AIS Arena in Canberra.
Perhaps this is why they don't have the GWS name.

No matter the justification, Giants Netball still just sounds awkward.

Stupid Netball.

Firstly they dumped Phoenix, Kestrels, Jaeger O'meras, Sand Pipers, Ravens, and Darters to join the Enzed teams only to quit that and invite Football Clubs to play....... sillies.

Also Magpies Netball why your name not follow the shield properly?

Stupid Netball.

Firstly they dumped Phoenix, Kestrels, Jaeger O'meras, Sand Pipers, Ravens, and Darters to join the Enzed teams only to quit that and invite Football Clubs to play....... sillies.

Also Magpies Netball why your name not follow the shield properly?
Ravens and Kestrels were very popular as well.
One can only dream they return if the league expands more

Netball should try a similar tactic the WNBL has and venture to regional areas like Bendigo Spirit, Townsville etc.

Try Geelong, Canberra, Albury, Cairns....

I don't think the 'success' of the WNBL is something netball is looking for...

Netball should try a similar tactic the WNBL has and venture to regional areas like Bendigo Spirit, Townsville etc.

Try Geelong, Canberra, Albury, Cairns....
The old Commonwealth Bank trophy had the Canberra Darters and Hunter Jaegers, after dumping the Sydney Sandpipers and Adelaide Ravens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What, providing a more stable league than the men's that has a fair following in its towns?

hurdles_low_ars.jpg

:D

Did somebody say sellout?

OH MY GOD.

This has to go down as one of the all time worst jerseys I've ever seen.

They'd want buckets of money for those sidepanels...

Holy moley. I hear McDonald's is paying Wing Defence to play in a Hamburglar costume.

I like to think a conversation behind the scenes went something like "Q: Do you think we need to get more Chemist Warehouse logos on there? ... A: Nah 12 is perfect, we don't want to go overboard."

Also, for some reason it reminds me of poor Milhouse:
milhouse-mystical-journey_zpsugd0urqe.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back