Netflix Aust & NZ

Remove this Banner Ad

ABC seems to have a good relationship with Netflix AU, so I'm hoping to see more Aussie dramas like ANZAC Girls, Top of the Lake, and Old School on there soon.

The list seems to be getting bigger and better, and almost immediately after the first free trial month finished, the movie section has started to fill with quality movies rather than shitty fillers.

I just wish they'd add seasons 3 and 4 of The Killing, add Lilyhammer, and add Rectify (one of the best shows I've ever seen, which noone in Australia seems to have rights to).

I wish they had more than 5 seasons of Top Gear.
They've increased the number of episodes since launch day by a fair bit, and with the BBC no longer making their number 1 show, I'd imagine they're wanting as much revenue as possible from the older episodes, so I think we'll see more episodes on the AU Netflix soon!

i'll have to get on that. watched the first episode, seemed decent. is there any news on a second season or anything like that?
Yep, as TheKanga said, it's been renewed for season two which will air in 2016.

I watched the first episode of Bloodline, then left it at that. Seemed okay, but didn't seem to be anything special. All the reviews online from people who'd finished the season were extremely positive, so I watched one episode a week or so until about episode 6, then it started to get ridiculously good. Knocked out episodes 8 - 13 this afternoon/tonight and I'm glad I did!

Although, without spoiling anything, I thought the ending was BS. It should have ended up as a one season mini-series, not a multiple season show ala HOC or OITNB. Still a great show though. Really interested in what they'll do for season 2!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oEiRmr1.jpg

Stan an enormous bust

oEiRmr1.jpg

Stan an enormous bust
Wow, those figures are astounding. Surely it'd be in Netflix's best interest to purchase Stan and gain some more Aussie content, plus their exclusives like Better Call Saul? I'm actually surprised to see ABC iView up so high, but even more surprised at how pathetic Stan is rating!

Wow, those figures are astounding. Surely it'd be in Netflix's best interest to purchase Stan and gain some more Aussie content, plus their exclusives like Better Call Saul? I'm actually surprised to see ABC iView up so high, but even more surprised at how pathetic Stan is rating!

Abc iview is great the kid watches that more than netflix, i'm guessing a high % of their visits is abc kids and it's free

but you can't see foxtel selling presto, but it would be great to get some of the stan exclusives like you said anything to beef up the offerings on the tv side of netflix

Anyone seen Longmire? Saw a trailer the other day and I reckon it looks brilliant. I know that season 4 is arriving soon, so now that I'm coming close to finishing OITNB, HOC, Grace and Frankie (which is hilarious), Daredevil, I need something new!

iView is awesome for kids, and really well designed for them to use as well.

My son loves iView and has no interest in Netfix, nothing beats powerhouses like Sesame Street and Playschool etc. They also have some fine documentaries and my guilty pleasure, Antiques Roadshow. That show is the bomb

My son loves iView and has no interest in Netfix, nothing beats powerhouses like Sesame Street and Playschool etc. They also have some fine documentaries and my guilty pleasure, Antiques Roadshow. That show is the bomb

I love Antiques Roadshow too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back