FTA-TV NETFLIX - " Masters Of The Universe: Revelation "

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
The sooks are upset. Basement dwellers can’t have women even having the same roll as they had before on screen.

Teela was never a lead character, Teela was never Man-At-Arms. So not the same role.

He-Man and Skeletor were the main characters, everything else was a support character.

So that lets me know you're not an original 80's He-Man fan.

You're a fraud Karen.

The sooks are upset. Basement dwellers can’t have women even having the same roll as they had before on screen.

My take on some of the outrage is that people worked out the switcheroo awhile ago, called him out on it. He denies it.... but it happens and thus looks like a liar.

I haven't seen the show, hope to one day.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I didn't mean she was the new He-Man persay. But she's the "story driver" of this mini series. People found out about that months ago.

She is a main character yes but there are a few that are in it just as much, but I would say there is a more important story driver within it. Hard to explain without spoilers.
Problem was they took that and ran with the whole she will be He-man and she was a better He-man etc that the basement dwellers lost their s**t over.
The story makes sense and is a good one in my opinion.

It shows they are lost when they are trying to review bomb the show.
They know their opinion is in the minority.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Sounds like a woke gender morality play where it's all about girl power and sisters doing it for themselves.

But sure, why not? I mean, the Ghostbusters reboot that did this was pretty awesome, right?

1627225365537.png

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Only seen the first episode, enjoying it so far. Really takes me back. The score itself was very good, a pleasant surprise. Keen to keep watching.

My take on some of the outrage is that people worked out the switcheroo awhile ago, called him out on it. He denies it.... but it happens and thus looks like a liar.

I haven't seen the show, hope to one day.
Fans sniffed a woke remake from the start and Smith lied about it.
Didnt help there's footage of him at conventions giving zero *s about a franchise he's suddenly a super fan of.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is crap. Soulless rubbish.

I struggled to get through the first episode. The dialogue is bad and disjointed. The voice actors cant voice act other than Hamill. The character of HeMan has no presence. No one fears him. The music is dumb. In the same way superman had an iconic anthem so did HeMan. To produce a series without it and present a substandard cheap score suggest all the money was spent on name actors and the story, animation and everything else was left for second rate.

Overall it's a 1 out of 10. Barely

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interceptor

All Australian
Aug 20, 2009
London, UK
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Kevin Smith seems to be getting plenty of heat for this and rightly so.
Blatantly mislead people about the content and can't handle getting called out on it.

Watched 2 episodes and that's enough (watched the Critical Drinker's video and saw what happens).
Sarah Michelle Gellar, great as Buffy years ago, but just sounded wrong from the start as Teela.
Still, not really her fault the way the character is written and portrayed.

"Masters of the Universe: Ruination" would be a better title for this.

There's also a documentary on Netflix about the original development of Masters of the Universe, which is pretty good.

Back