FTA-TV NETFLIX - " Masters Of The Universe: Revelation "

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin Smith seems to be getting plenty of heat for this and rightly so.
Blatantly mislead people about the content and can't handle getting called out on it.

Watched 2 episodes and that's enough (watched the Critical Drinker's video and saw what happens).
Sarah Michelle Gellar, great as Buffy years ago, but just sounded wrong from the start as Teela.
Still, not really her fault the way the character is written and portrayed.

"Masters of the Universe: Ruination" would be a better title for this.

There's also a documentary on Netflix about the original development of Masters of the Universe, which is pretty good.

Well, I watched it all (it's only 5 eps) and really liked it. The storytelling is solid and there's a nice plot twist in it. I have no idea about what the crap with Kevin Smith is and I don't care about it. But this is about as good as animated shows get, IMO.
The issue is:

a) the main character is sidelined for it to be The Teela Show instead - this annoys people
b) people sniffed this out a while ago, prompting Kevin Smith to lie vociferously about it

Last edited:
Can someone also explain to me how this Teela character is meant to be sympathetic?

Prince Adam/He-Man makes a huge sacrifice but she's mad because her feelings are hurt. So she abandons all her responsibilities, again because her feelings are hurt. The king and queen just lost their son, who sacrificied himself to save everyone, but Teela has a tantrum so goes off and does her own thing? Apparently she feels no sense of obligation to anyone, including her father and the folks who just promoted her.

If this was a male character, it would scan as selfishness and entitlement. Dare I say it, toxic masculinity?

But she's got a cool undercut like Megan Rapinoe so she must be awesome. It's so dumb and tedious.

Last edited:
I can't believe how worked up people seem to be getting over a kids cartoon. Reading some of the comments here you would think this version was desecrating classic literature instead of being a remake of an 80s cartoon created to sell action figures to kids.

I can't believe how worked up people seem to be getting over a kids cartoon. Reading some of the comments here you would think this version was desecrating classic literature instead of being a remake of an 80s cartoon created to sell action figures to kids.
I get it. But the target market going on the story line is 80s kids. If it was for a whole new generation it would have an origin story or something and not be graphically violent. So if the demographic they are chasing was hardcore fans, they done screwed up. Its that simple. I don't understand why he man's body is so out of proportion. He looked stupid.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can someone also explain to me how this Teela character is meant to be sympathetic?

Prince Adam/He-Man makes a huge sacrifice but she's mad because her feelings are hurt. So she abandons all her responsibilities, again because her feelings are hurt. The king and queen just lost their son, who sacrificied himself to save everyone, but Teela has a tantrum so goes off and does her own thing? Apparently she feels no sense of obligation to anyone, including her father and the folks who just promoted her.

If this was a male character, it would scan as selfishness and entitlement. Dare I say it, toxic masculinity?

But she's got a cool undercut like Megan Rapinoe so she must be awesome. It's so dumb and tedious.
Yep. Couldn't agree more. Terrible plot.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have watched perhaps two episodes. like seeing original characters there, especially in the first episode.

so things happen and its going down a different path. yes i see that missing element.

not angry about it, will look to finish the series. its not something that is grabbing and pulling me in to view at the moment.

Agree.

on top the 80s cartoon is effing terrible by todays standard. It would not even last a season before being dumped. No overarching storyline at all and just terrible childish stories with no humour or anything really to make them appealing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back