Netflix

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone recommend an internet provider that has unlimited data, or at least s**t loads of it? We have 50gb which I thought was heaps but since I started streaming tv and movies, it ain't.

I have unlimited for $69.95 per month through Netcube. Also you have the option of paying for 3 months in an advance and you get the 4th free and that just repeats.

my family have had netflix for a while now and it is part of the daily routine.
Once licencing arrangements conclude here in Australia then I believe that shows like Game of Thrones will be on netflix.
The Australian selection is much smaller than what is available in the US. However that should change for the better once the licensing agreements with foxtel run out.

We have Optus cable internet. It's more expensive, but worth it IMO. We looked at downgrading to something cheaper, but were too far from the exchange to get good speeds from ADSL, so have stuck with cable. Comfortably runs two machines both streaming Netflix and can still check facebook/big footy on phones, etc.

Question, sorry to hijack the thread but someone else might wonder also, if I do switch providers, do they have to install anything? Or do they just send out a modem and I plug it in? I'm not on a contract with Telstra so do I just find another company and sign up, and then call Telstra to cancel?

Once licencing arrangements conclude here in Australia then I believe that shows like Game of Thrones will be on netflix.
The Australian selection is much smaller than what is available in the US. However that should change for the better once the licensing agreements with foxtel run out.

No chance for GoT, HBO would sooner launch their streaming service over here.

I'm also through Netcube, wouldn't exactly recommend them if you have other options. Speeds are very inconsistent.

True but I am in one of the worst exchange areas.

Yeah, I'm only with Netcube because NBN isn't in my area and my previous ISP upped their prices.

Same. Was with Exetel until they deliberately tried to cut loose unlimited subscribers.

But would they? Netflix is up and running has client base already.
I maybe wrong but they also have a relationship with HBO as well.

HBO have their own service now, and GoT kills it on iTunes as well. Can't see it coming to Netflix in the near future. HBO shows have been on Netflix but they are disappearing now as their rights expire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HBO have their own service now, and GoT kills it on iTunes as well. Can't see it coming to Netflix in the near future. HBO shows have been on Netflix but they are disappearing now as their rights expire.
oh. thanks Mick. did not know that.

VPN.

When does the licensing agreements run out with Foxtel?

Now you just need to chill...

Man I love this new telly. I just picked me up one of those 4K Blu ray players and watched the Revenant and Mad Max Fury road on it. Holy crap do those films look brilliant on HDR and 4K on the OLED screen.

I watched an upscaled Episode III the other day and it looked like a bunch of dudes Cosplaying. Picture is so clear you can tell they're wearing constumes, and Obi Wan just looks like Ewan McGregor getting jostled around in a mock up of a starship cockpit. The opening scene is the balls though.

Real native 4K content in HDR is just stunning. Ive never seen anything like it before. Stoked with the purchase.

I should have Netflix streaming in 4K/ Dolby HDR this week (only at 25 mbs) as long as mt real estate agent pulls her finger out, so I'll get back to you all with how it looks on the new telly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back