Moved Thread Neutral fans: Hawkins or Riewoldt?

Neutral fans: Who’s the better player over the course of their 16 seasons

• Tom Hawkins

Votes: 235 69.7%
  • Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 102 30.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Not trying to start an argument - I’m fairly neutral on the subject, natural bias would probably make me choose Tom but there are multiple arguments you can make the other way.

Just prompted by a comment in the Hawkins 700 goals thread

Tom Hawkins is a cheating sack of s**t so Riewoldt wins by default.

Hawkins. Reiwoldt's Colemans tend to make him over-rated as strange as that sounds - he has two of the three lowest number of goals for a Coleman medal in the last 50 years. (excluding covid 2020).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You haven't seen much footy if you think a 3 goal game is a all time great grand final performance
It takes a special kind of one-eyed nuffie to claim Hawkins' performance in the 2011 GF was anything other than phenomenal. Especially so when you consider Podsiadly was subbed out half-way during the 2nd quarter and he was playing a lone hand. Watch more football.

Do people think Mooney’s 5 in a grand final was an all time great performance? I sure don’t. Why is Jack’s in an absolute smashing in 2019 any different?
Mooney kicked most of his when the game was basically won, Jack kicked 3 of his in the second quarter to essentially end the game as a contest

It takes a special kind of one-eyed nuffie to claim Hawkins' performance in the 2011 GF was anything other than phenomenal. Especially so when you consider Podsiadly was subbed out half-way during the 2nd quarter and he was playing a lone hand. Watch more football.
A good game but not a great one, you really are insecure over this fact aren't you?

Hawkins. Reiwoldt's Colemans tend to make him over-rated as strange as that sounds - he has two of the three lowest number of goals for a Coleman medal in the last 50 years. (excluding covid 2020).
Didn't he still have to kick more goals than any other player in those years to win them though?

A Coleman is a Coleman, even with a lower tally he still had to be beat everyone else in the league.

A good game but not a great one, you really are insecure over this fact aren't you?
Just love how your disdain over a footy club can make you seethe so much that you can't acknowledge a great performance when you see one. That was one for the ages, and you know it. :grinv1:

Just love how your disdain over a footy club can make you seethe so much that you can't acknowledge a great performance when you see one. That was one for the ages, and you know it. :grinv1:
It was a good performance, but Jack was just better, I know Richmond's dominance of Geelong in games that matter may hurt, but you're just going to deal with it

Back