Neutrals of bigfooty - Which team would you like to win the flag?

Which team would you like to see win the flag this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really care which team wins the flag.

Neutrals usually barrack for the underdog, the "Cinderella" team. I suppose Fremantle is that team in these finals, and maybe to a lesser extent, Brisbane.

Freo have never won a flag, so it would be huge for their fans, but I doubt they can win it this year. The Lions haven't won since 2003 and they were down the bottom of the ladder for 10 years. I quite like them as a neutral. But I can't see them winning their next 3 finals. Sure, I'll barrack for either of the non-Vic underdogs if they were to get through. But if they lose, I won't be getting bent out of shape (like some "neutrals" in the match threads)

I like watching Melbourne and Collingwood. It would be great for Dees fans to see their boys win a Grand Final at the MCG. But I think they're in a bit of trouble. It's not looking good for them. Neither Dees, nor Pies have the forward line firepower to beat the Cats & Swans in successive games. Just not quite there in 2022. Maybe next year.

Which leaves Geelong and Sydney, two clubs I HATED when Hawthorn was their big rival for the flag
But that no longer worries me. They both play good footy. If they win their next 2 games, they fully deserve it.

Whoever plays the best footy this September. That's my answer.

Last edited:

On the basis of week one of finals, I think Sydney's peak footy is clearly of a higher standard than every other side. So from the perspective of a meritocracy it has to be Sydney

A Geelong win & I think i'll support Rugby League

Pies. Already beaten them in possibly the greatest GF to watch in the last 20 years so no real animosity there. Also:

• Its long simmered down but we still have somewhat of a rivalry with Sydney from the mid-2000s
  • Chris Scott is a carnt
  • Dont want Brissie matching our flag record as an interstate side
  • Cant let Little Brother get too big for their britches

Freo, then Pies.
Freo, because they haven't won one, ever, and I like the cut of their jib this year, exciting youth and a good bloke coach.

Pies because they are coming from nowhere, and playing with hardness and order. Real working class f@#$ you footy.

Richmond fans like Collingwood more than Geelong and Melbourne now?
The world is upside down!
All sense and reason has been replaced by emotions.

Chris Scott, you are breaking RFC fans effortlessly. What a performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond fans like Collingwood more than Geelong and Melbourne now?

Don’t have a problem with the pies. Like McRae as well. Don’t want Dees only cause of b2b. Don’t like cats cause of the people on BF and GMHBA advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If I was neutral I would strangely have the swans as the most and least I’d like to win.

I’d like them to win because I have an immense amount of respect for how they play and that like us they’ve made a deliberate attempt to keep contending so it really endears them to me. On the other hand if they win they’ve succeeded in doing it and getting a reward at the end of it whereas we haven’t

If I was neutral I would strangely have the swans as the most and least I’d like to win.

I’d like them to win because I have an immense amount of respect for how they play and that like us they’ve made a deliberate attempt to keep contending so it really endears them to me. On the other hand if they win they’ve succeeded in doing it and getting a reward at the end of it whereas we haven’t
Yeah I see what you’re getting at. I wonder sometimes if some of the hate towards the Cats comes from supporters of teams that have bottomed out time and again and still have no flag to show from their repeated “rebuilds”, whereas the Cats just keep keeping on, making finals and contending year in year out. The only comforting thing to those people is that the Cats haven’t tasted the ultimate success in the last decade either, and if they finally do then it will really vindicate that “keep contending at all costs, don’t bottom out” strategy.

1- Sydney
2- Freo
3- Melbourne
equal 6- all the rest

Back