Neutrals of bigfooty - Which team would you like to win the flag?

Which team would you like to see win the flag this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised few want Melbourne. Sure they just want it but few of their supporters have seen them win one at the G, 1964 is bloody nearly 60 years ago. Then again i dunno if they're that deserving.

I'm surprised few want Melbourne. Sure they just want it but few of their supporters have seen them win one at the G, 1964 is bloody nearly 60 years ago. Then again i dunno if they're that deserving.

I’ve never seen my team win one and will never get to see them win one in my own state. I guess I don’t really feel that much sympathy for the rich MCC members who didn’t actually get to go the game like they do every other year.

Freo because nobody deserves a flag more than David Mundy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nah lots of other teams holy grail would be making finals or even just winning a final
Count me In for that. 15 wins 1 draw and 6 defeats from 22 regular season games was good. Freo got 2 finals, one of them was a memorable home Elim final win in 2022.

That was our 1st finals win since beating the swans in 2015. So no finals from 2016-2021, that's 6 years In a row

Only 2 blokes left from that 2015 team that played in that 2022 Elim final win. Michael Walters and David Mundy.

I don't hate Freo as much now that Ross Lyon is no longer your coach while I still hate Geelong and Collingwood for robbing us of flags in 2009/10.
Good to see you have already moved on and have no animosity towards Freo. LoL

I have already moved on from Ross Lyon lol.

Had Ross Lyon coached Essendon in 2023, would you hurl abuse as Essendon on a regular basis? LoL

If it’s a Sydney vs. Geelong GF, it’ll be like choosing if I prefer to get cancer or to have a heart attack.

I had hoped Collingwood would have won yesterday so at least one of them would have had to knock the other out in a PF.

In answer to the original question, anyone but Sydney or Geelong.
Great post from a man who knows.

I despise Geelong on so many levels, but the leg ups Sydney get make them even more hateable.

If it’s not father sons that don’t belong to them it’s discounted superstars through the academy, if it’s not either of the above, it’s an extra mil in the cap.

I expect Sydney to choke and Geelong to scrape though.

Well the dockers are out of the finals.

I want a non Victorian side to win it.

So in this order......

Sydney
Brisbane
Collingwood
Geelong

Papa G , you hope a non Victorian side like Brisbane or Sydney pulls it off?

Sydney magically become South and the Lions Fitzroy at this time of year but yes either of those 2 would be preferable.

Outside of the Crows I do naturally support the non Vic side given how much the corrupt league is stacked against them. Non Vic teams clubs need to be at least 10% overall better to combat the inbuilt bias of the league. Non Vic flags as a result are a much greater and noble achievement.

I hate Brisbane
I hate Geelong
I hate Sydney
However they are the lesser of evils when compared to Collingwood.
So as long as I see Collingwood finish another season with nothing to show for it I will be content.
only sane Richmond supporter. I couldn't believe what I was reading when Richmond fans flooded the Cats v Pies threads in support of the filth

My Mum is a Richmond supporter so I've been to my fair share of Richmond v Collingwood games and it was never a happy place lol

only sane Richmond supporter. I couldn't believe what I was reading when Richmond fans flooded the Cats v Pies threads in support of the filth

My Mum is a Richmond supporter so I've been to my fair share of Richmond v Collingwood games and it was never a happy place lol
Yeah I didn’t understand it either, sure we have a rivalry with the cats over the last few years but with Collingwood it’s over 100 years of pure hatred. So if it’s Geelong v Collingwood in the grand final I will be in the cats corner.

Exactly.
Some Tiger fans need a reality check!
My mum and brother are both Cats fans (and decent people, lol), so I hope they win it for them.

Sydney magically become South and the Lions Fitzroy at this time of year but yes either of those 2 would be preferable.

Outside of the Crows I do naturally support the non Vic side given how much the corrupt league is stacked against them. Non Vic teams clubs need to be at least 10% overall better to combat the inbuilt bias of the league. Non Vic flags as a result are a much greater and noble achievement.
You couldn’t win when you finished top of the ladder in 2020 and played all your games, including finals, at home.

Maybe when interstate sides don’t win it all it’s because they’re not good enough

Collingwood. Always love a fairytale sports story, if they pull it off it will be pretty incredible.

Very watchable team too.

Geelong 2nd.

Then daylight

Then Brisbane

Daylight again, then Sydney.

AFL hierarchy and Chief Decision makers

Dan Andrews

Michael Happel Gil McLachlan Eddie Maguire

Matthew Stevic Craig Hutchinson Brendon Gale Travis Auld Andrew Dillon

Essendon President (interchangeable) Luke Sayers Rest of AFL Commission

Token Women Jeff Kennett Alistair Clarkson Kevin Sheedy Colin Carter

The 3 other Vic teams Presidents Andrew Pridham