Neutrals Who Claimed They Weren't Watching...

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get people who claim they like football but are only prepared to watch their own side.

I don't like either West Coast or Collingwood but I'd never not watch a GF just because I don't like the teams involved, you can still enjoy if for the spectacle.

You'd be kicking yourself if you chose to not watch a GF and it turned into a cracking game like yesterday.

I don't like either West Coast or Collingwood but I'd never not watch a GF just because I don't like the teams involved, you can still enjoy if for the spectacle.

You'd be kicking yourself if you chose to not watch a GF and it turned into a cracking game like yesterday.

1990. Still dont give a s**t.

Get a few good deals at Bunnings?

How are you feeling today knowing you missed an all-time classic?

Does this change how you view every grand final from here on out between two teams you don't care about?
are we saying it was an all-time classic because it ended up being close? The tension was there because of that, but it was a low scoring game for a dry day..de Goey's goal was great as were a several Eagles defensive marks..

to be honest neutrals, you will see better games, wouldn't lose sleep over if you missed it.

I missed the first quarter. Saw the rest - worked out well for me. The only time I can remember missing a GF was when I was backpacking through China and Vietnam in 1996. Ran into some Sydneysiders and asked them if they knew who won. They weren't sure but thought that the Swans did. :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1990. Still dont give a s**t.

Wasn't much of a game, the all in brawl was about the only memorable thing about it.

I missed the first quarter. Saw the rest - worked out well for me. The only time I can remember missing a GF was when I was backpacking through China and Vietnam in 1996. Ran into some Sydneysiders and asked them if they knew who won. They weren't sure but thought that the Swans did. :huh:

I missed both the 2000 and 2001 GFs as I was overseas, luckily neither were great grand finals so I didn't miss much.

are we saying it was an all-time classic because it ended up being close? The tension was there because of that, but it was a low scoring game for a dry day..de Goey's goal was great as were a several Eagles defensive marks..

to be honest neutrals, you will see better games, wouldn't lose sleep over if you missed it.

A 30 point lead in a grand final slowly eaten away as the game wore on. A ridiculous clutch set shot from the boundary to win the game with 2 minutes left after a classic sequence of play up the far wing.
It will be talked about for a long time, much like 2012 has been. No one called it a classic straight after, but as the years have gone on it has become stronger and stronger in the minds of many.
You might see better games, but you won't see many better games with a premiership cup on the line. You should be annoyed at yourself if you consider yourself a footy fan but decided not to watch yesterday.

So, what's the point of this thread? If some people claim to have done other things then all that proves is some people have lives that involve things other than football. Good on them.

Was for the people who seemed so hell-bent on making sure people knew they were disinterested. The ones who started threads about it and seemed to purposely try and put a damper on the anticipation of fans of both sides and others looking forward to it. People who post regularly on BigFooty about all things football, yet for some reason wanted to appear too 'cool' to give a s**t about the most important game of the year. People who tried to convince everyone that going to Bunnings or doing gardening or attending shows during the game was something that couldn't wait a day or be done in the morning.
It wasn't directed at people who had to work or perhaps (god forbid) had weddings etc.

I am genuinely interested to know how people who post on a football forum could actually skip watching the freakin' grand final. It was an epic, and i'd think people who refused to watch it would need to reconsider if footy is something they actually enjoy.

Awesome game, feel sorry for the types who think they have to claim they don't watch neutral finals & grand finals to prove what hardcore fans they are of their club.

Grand Final day is always a great excuse for a get together and even watching among one-eyed Eagles supporters and a few who don't get footy it's still good fun regardless.

I don't get people who claim they like football but are only prepared to watch their own side.

You will find most these people love following a team and what goes with that but don't really love the sport. The sport is more coincidental and if it wasn't football it would be something else.

Although I'm guessing for a small percentage of Richmond and Melbourne supporters the loss last week might have been a little raw for them.

So, what's the point of this thread? If some people claim to have done other things then all that proves is some people have lives that involve things other than football. Good on them.

It's understandable for people that aren't football fans to not watch the GF but for people that are football fans it is hard to understand how they wouldn't want to watch the biggest game of the season regardless of which teams are involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back