NEUTRALS who is a better triple premiership captain?

Who is a better triple premiership captain (whole career)?

• T Cotchin

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • L Hodge

Votes: 44 22.4%
  • M Voss

Votes: 137 69.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss was no better as a footballer than Hodge.

And they were pretty much equals as far as captains go.

Both were a long was ahead of Cotchin who was a good player and a good captain.
Voss was arguably the best player in the comp for a long time. Hodge, whilst having a fantastic finals record, was not even the best in his team, and probably not even top 10 in the competition during his heyday.

We don't all think alike.

I don't believe that Martin is the greatest player of all time, but we don't win 3 flags without him.

Do Brisbane win 3 flags without Akermanis? Maybe they do because they were such a star studded team.

Do you think Rance was the best defender in the AFL era?
Research the accolades of the lions team before the flags.
Lions AA 2000- 0
Lions AA 1999- 3 (Voss 1 of)
Lions AA 1998- 0
Lions AA 1997- 0

I don’t believe rance or dusty rhetoric
But I dispute lions team of champions
Voss had 2 AA leppa aker and no Coleman medalist in the 4 years prior to 2001

Voss was arguably the best player in the comp for a long time. Hodge, whilst having a fantastic finals record, was not even the best in his team, and probably not even top 10 in the competition during his heyday.

Luke Hodge was the heartbeat of the HFC for a decade. Without him there is no dynasty. And before Franklin and co showed up he was Hawthorn's best player. Not for long, but certainly for a time.

I love Voss and he was fantastic but his legend has become inflated as time has gone on. I'd also argue that if Voss was the best player in his team it was certainly before the Lions dynasty started. Black, Lappin, Aker and even Jon Brown could easily have laid claim to that title from about 2000 onwards. Voss was not the best player on the comp for "a long time" either and it is arguable that he was the best player at any time, despite his Brownlow win.

Research the accolades of the lions team before the flags.
What for, when I don't expect to find a host of youngsters that became key players in their success to be making AA teams with sides like Essendon, Carlton, North, Adel and Stk around.

But I dispute lions team of champions
Voss had 2 AA leppa aker and no Coleman medalist in the 4 years prior to 2001
So what, compared to our 3 time premiership winning side they were stacked, I have them only behind Hawthorn of the '80's for star power.

We had a coleman medalist but the Geelong supporters told me that's only because Reiwoldt wasn't sharing a forward line with stars so we were more Reiwoldt concious.

The Cotch, clearly.
Just look at where they came from, where they landed, what they had to work with, and what sacrifice and personal reinvention and rennaissance was required.

Trent for sure.
It's not even arguable.

Back