BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
I am pleased that McAsey has decided to stay. As many have said it gives us a chance to develop him further. But the best thing I take out of this is that the club is becoming a place where players are willing to stay. This is a massive turnaround compared to the past couple of years. Getting his signature was important for the club and its members.

Large 1

Club Legend
May 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Except nearly every type of analytics is using past performance to predict future outcomes.

Really dumb saying.
Hey, take that up with industry super!

Also in the absence of future telling it is the best system we have. It doesn’t make it an accurate system.

Geoffa32

Hall of Famer
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Media: "Almost certain to request a trade home"

Fischer McAsey himself: "I always felt that I wanted to re-sign here" [...] "I didn't really feel that much of an urge to go home"
I reckon it was just his dad's health that may have seen him go home.

Vic draftee out of contract with a sick parent back home.

Media jump on that like vultures.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Crow till I die

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
What sort of pick swaps would potentially go down on that deal?
If we finished with say pick 3 come seasons end and Sydney had say pick 7, maybe we could swap our pick 3 for their 7 and Stephens IF they really had someone in mind they wanted at pick 3. Maybe we have to swap the melbourne 2nd for Sydney's 3rd as a bit more of a balance out?. Still keeps us in the hitting zone for another highly rated mid - Roberts? Chesser?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1970crow

Hall of Famer
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Obviously had no market to go home, weird feeling when all the speculation is wrong
I thought he was gone for sure. But there was that poster with inside info that said he'd settled quite a bit recently. Surprised though, currently behind Butts and Murray has played ahead of him this year and that's before Talia returns and possibly plays out 2 more years. Can see him playing a lot of 2s throughout his extension as it stands right now.

Jumboprince

UPRIGHT MEMBER
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yahl Cricket Club
If we finished with say pick 3 come seasons end and Sydney had say pick 7, maybe we could swap our pick 3 for their 7 and Stephens IF they really had someone in mind they wanted at pick 3. Maybe we have to swap the melbourne 2nd for Sydney's 3rd as a bit more of a balance out?. Still keeps us in the hitting zone for another highly rated mid - Roberts? Chesser?
Nah, if we had pick 3, I'd be trying to Hornedog

Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Man, if we could snag Roberts AND Stephens... that’s a haul and a half, for mine

Jcpdragonx

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
I liked him forward a lot but we need him back. Have some good pieces now, need our smalls to show improvement and a high ceiling mid. I would enquire about Tom green and pay up for him.

Geoffa32

Hall of Famer
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I liked him forward a lot but we need him back. Have some good pieces now, need our smalls to show improvement and a high ceiling mid. I would enquire about Tom green and pay up for him.
Yeah I still think he is a better forward.

But still a great defender.

Classy either end.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pugsley

TheBrownDog
May 19, 2014
Earth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Red Centre Kangas, Baghdad Bombers
But, but, but......

He's unhappy in Adelaide.

He met with the Bulldogs over Christmas.

He desperately wants to be with his family and especially his dad.

He is unhappy he isn't playing AFL and has spat the dummy in the SANFL.

Everyone has heard rumours and rumblings and so where there is smoke there must be fire.

Kane said he was leaving.

The most irrelevant muppet in the media.

Remove this Banner Ad