MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

That probably does help at the moment. We've got a large group of young guys starting their career and it's probably appealing to stay in that group. Previous teams we've probably had an older group where the younger players may not have such a large group of people in their age bracket to build with, especially for the interstaters.

I remember Burtenshaw saying how the older farm system in the SANFL helped at times because the young interstate kids got out to other clubs and got a large friend group with people their own age through that, rather than just the few blokes they know at the club. Now we've sort of got that large group through the club itself, especially if you draft SA guys too who already have their roots set and can bring the interstate guys into that.

rePeet

Debutant
Jun 17, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Im lead to believe his Dad's issues were before the draft, yet Fischer was front and centre on draft night.
I thought i read somewhere earlier this year (was never able to verify), that his dad had a massive heart attack around the last Christmas period. Which was the reason i thought he spent so much time in Victoria over that time and wasnt training with the boys back in Adelaide, hence his poor fitness levels when he came back to pre seaon. Sounded like the kid had a rough summer.

Either way, sounds like life has settled down for him now, happy days ahead!!

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The mighty Panthers, GWV Rebels, Be
Yeah Crows aren't a sh*t show at all, you must be right.

Not like we've had an embarrassing fu** up that has had us lambasted in the media in the past week is it?
I noticed you didn't address your false statement re where I was supposed to have quoted or stated I had sources re McAsey staying or going.

Then again why would I be surprised you talk that much crap.

Like many others on this board that was my gut feel, nothing more, nothing less.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
Oct 3, 2003
The East Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I noticed you didn't address your false statement re where I was supposed to have quoted or stated I had sources re McAsey staying or going.

Then again why would I be surprised you talk that much crap.

Like many others on this board that was my gut feel, nothing more, nothing less.
Why don't you have him muted?

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
Jul 12, 2013
Wherever the ESH clubrooms are
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Rockies, Oceanics
Spot on
Look at when we recruited Crocker
Crickets from other side of border
Surely you don't need help seeing the difference between a 2nd year top 10 pick and a DFA who got a lifeline.

If Crocker was worth anything, we'd hear about it, both good and bad.

WAG

The People's Captain
Mar 3, 2010
In the trenches.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Media: "Almost certain to request a trade home"

Fischer McAsey himself: "I always felt that I wanted to re-sign here" [...] "I didn't really feel that much of an urge to go home"
The media are that lazy, I'm surprised they didn't allege he was still affected by being tied to a tree and blasted with the Richmond team song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The mighty Panthers, GWV Rebels, Be

Sanders

Horne of plenty
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I posted back in January that I have friends who know the McAseys well and they reported that his dad was very happy with the relationship with AFC and that Fish was quite content in Adelaide. Also, one of my friends' lads played with Fish in juniors and it was something of a joke that he never cracks a smile.

So yeah, I've been wondering what all the 'he's gone' crew were basing their certainty on.
coin flip certainty.

Go early then when a heads call, any of the many you make, comes up declare your “sources” impeccable

ABAB

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I posted back in January that I have friends who know the McAseys well and they reported that his dad was very happy with the relationship with AFC and that Fish was quite content in Adelaide. Also, one of my friends' lads played with Fish in juniors and it was something of a joke that he never cracks a smile.

So yeah, I've been wondering what all the 'he's gone' crew were basing their certainty on.
Didn't someone with supposedly "insider" information say the opposite and he was certain to be gone, hence the "leak" to the media?

Remove this Banner Ad