Never in Trout....McAsey signs on

Remove this Banner Ad

Vhaluus

Brownlow Medallist
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I noticed you didn't address your false statement re where I was supposed to have quoted or stated I had sources re McAsey staying or going.

Then again why would I be surprised you talk that much crap.

Like many others on this board that was my gut feel, nothing more, nothing less.
You do know it wasn't me who said you'd made the claims right?

All I said was you don't have any actual sources.

If you want to get a quote go talk to 'Betts are off'

I notice YOU didn't address MY point either, typical hypocritical deflection and avoidance from you.

Sanders

Horne of plenty
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
If I made a habit of it and was wrong 50% of the time...sure. But I don't and I wasn't.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the 'any of the many you make' remark.
You’ve got the wrong end of the stick, I was responding to your last paragraph

So yeah, I've been wondering what all the 'he's gone' crew were basing their certainty on.”

the “he’s gone crew” were coin flipping ready to strut if it came up heads

1970crow

Hall of Famer
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I thought he would bail for sure. Nothing to do with his body language though. It was simply the safer bet given the club's atrocious record at player retention over the years. With Worrell and McAsey re-signing, both vic metro boys, we now have some concrete proof that the club is turning it's culture around and players want to be here. This means I'll need to take a less cynical view or risk getting caught out like those w***ers in the Vic footy media.
Is it culture or have we re-geared how we distribute our salary cap. I'd say we're also offering more in that first extension than in the past. Less reward for past deeds in final years and less long term fringe players sucking cap space.

BRL121

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
You’ve got the wrong end of the stick, I was responding to your last paragraph

So yeah, I've been wondering what all the 'he's gone' crew were basing their certainty on.”

the “he’s gone crew” were coin flipping ready to strut if it came up heads
You were a bit ambiguous with your use of "you", old mate! ;)

CrowsB4hoes

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember when Warren Tredrea was considered to be above tabloid hackery bullshit

ABAB

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember when Warren Tredrea was considered to be above tabloid hackery bullshit

And tonight's C9 News sport segment was extra delicious.

Ozzie

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
Geez...this news really makes me happy. I finally have been proven correct over something old friend Mutineer has said. I've been definite in my belief Fischer would stay. Proven right! yayyyyyyyyyyy. The second thing for me this year, RT was my #1 pick all along and stated that in many posts. Life is good!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rabidcrow

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
So it was his father's health scare during the preseason that held him up signing on but all's good there now,

Listening through that I think we all forget what impact COVID (and a rubbish year from your team) can have on a young lad moving away from home. Last year was such a different year for all first year players - not surprising that the list of unsigned players features a number of kids playing interstate

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Listening through that I think we all forget what impact COVID (and a rubbish year from your team) can have on a young lad moving away from home. Last year was such a different year for all first year players - not surprising that the list of unsigned players features a number of kids playing interstate

Ironic the players seem in a happier space after a wooden spoon, compared to playing in a losing grand final...

Nicks & Co appear to have buried the demons of the camp.

ABAB

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ironic the players seem in a happier space after a wooden spoon, compared to playing in a losing grand final...

Nicks & Co appear to have buried the demons of the camp.
The "leakers" to media would have caused a lot of this disharmony between the group and they are now all gone.

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
The "leakers" to media would have caused a lot of this disharmony between the group and they are now all gone.
Just between you & me.... the camp was the main cause of where it all really started to go to complete sh*t...

If not for the camp, there would have been nothing to leak!

ftmch

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers

Yeah, really good observation.

Honestly, it was just nice to hear him speak. He holds himself really well, and was extremely patient with the 438 different ways he was asked about whether he missed Melbourne / his family. Alot moreso than I would have been

Remove this Banner Ad