Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So all of Butts, Worrell and McAsey resigned and surely we retain Murray after this year seeing he has exceeded all expectations. Pretty solid effort by the end of April.

It does beg the question of are we preparing for a life without Talia sooner, rather than later?
We're living life without Talia right now!

What sort of pick swaps would potentially go down on that deal?
If we finished with say pick 3 come seasons end and Sydney had say pick 7, maybe we could swap our pick 3 for their 7 and Stephens IF they really had someone in mind they wanted at pick 3. Maybe we have to swap the melbourne 2nd for Sydney's 3rd as a bit more of a balance out?. Still keeps us in the hitting zone for another highly rated mid - Roberts? Chesser?

From AFC: At 197cm and 98kg, McAsey is a versatile key position player who can play at either end of the ground but is currently honing his craft with the Crows’ defensive stocks.

This guy is massive. We really need McAsey to take on the Kings over the next 10 years, can't understate how critical a shutdown talent is, can't think of a better planned rebuild than McAsey>Thilthorpe>Horne. Absolute talent straight down the line. If it's not Horne, it will be another gun mid (Matthew Roberts?).

Look out 2024.

Media: "Almost certain to request a trade home"

Fischer McAsey himself: "I always felt that I wanted to re-sign here" [...] "I didn't really feel that much of an urge to go home"
Im lead to believe his Dad's issues were before the draft, yet Fischer was front and centre on draft night.

I reckon it was just his dad's health that may have seen him go home.

Vic draftee out of contract with a sick parent back home.

Media jump on that like vultures.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Spot on
Look at when we recruited Crocker
Crickets from other side of border

Obviously had no market to go home, weird feeling when all the speculation is wrong

I thought he was gone for sure. But there was that poster with inside info that said he'd settled quite a bit recently. Surprised though, currently behind Butts and Murray has played ahead of him this year and that's before Talia returns and possibly plays out 2 more years. Can see him playing a lot of 2s throughout his extension as it stands right now.

From AFC: At 197cm and 98kg, McAsey is a versatile key position player who can play at either end of the ground but is currently honing his craft with the Crows’ defensive stocks.

This guy is massive. We really need McAsey to take on the Kings over the next 10 years, can't understate how critical a shutdown talent is, can't think of a better planned rebuild than McAsey>Thilthorpe>Horne. Absolute talent straight down the line. If it's not Horne, it will be another gun mid (Matthew Roberts?).

Look out 2024.
Doedee, Milera, Fogarty, Jones, McHenry, Hately, McAsey, Thilthorpe, Pedlar, Horne, Rankine

Galluci a flop.
Jones on his way to being one. Let's hope he and Fogarty can become players.

If we finished with say pick 3 come seasons end and Sydney had say pick 7, maybe we could swap our pick 3 for their 7 and Stephens IF they really had someone in mind they wanted at pick 3. Maybe we have to swap the melbourne 2nd for Sydney's 3rd as a bit more of a balance out?. Still keeps us in the hitting zone for another highly rated mid - Roberts? Chesser?

Nah, if we had pick 3, I'd be trying to Hornedog

Man, if we could snag Roberts AND Stephens... that’s a haul and a half, for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked him forward a lot but we need him back. Have some good pieces now, need our smalls to show improvement and a high ceiling mid. I would enquire about Tom green and pay up for him.
Yeah I still think he is a better forward.

But still a great defender.

Classy either end.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Doedee, Milera, Fogarty, Jones, McHenry, Hately, McAsey, Thilthorpe, Pedlar, Horne, Rankine

Galluci a flop.
Jones on his way to being one. Let's hope he and Fogarty can become players.
Imagine if that panned out..and then with other young lads like Sholl, Hamill, Shoenberg, Berry, Butts also looking very good, it sets up a platform for a sustained tilt towards a premiership

But, but, but......

He's unhappy in Adelaide.

He met with the Bulldogs over Christmas.

He desperately wants to be with his family and especially his dad.

He is unhappy he isn't playing AFL and has spat the dummy in the SANFL.

Everyone has heard rumours and rumblings and so where there is smoke there must be fire.

Kane said he was leaving.

The most irrelevant muppet in the media.

That probably does help at the moment. We've got a large group of young guys starting their career and it's probably appealing to stay in that group. Previous teams we've probably had an older group where the younger players may not have such a large group of people in their age bracket to build with, especially for the interstaters.

I remember Burtenshaw saying how the older farm system in the SANFL helped at times because the young interstate kids got out to other clubs and got a large friend group with people their own age through that, rather than just the few blokes they know at the club. Now we've sort of got that large group through the club itself, especially if you draft SA guys too who already have their roots set and can bring the interstate guys into that.

Plus Worrell, Keays, Cook, McPherson supported by senior players ROB, Laird and Smith.
The chances of getting Horne are quite remote imo. Unless someone bolts at the nationals, I think North would be fitting him out in a jumper already. But I think we should go very very hard to get Rankine or Lukosius next year when they come out of contract (assuming they don't sign on again). That we look to be building and have some very good people at coaching level might be something either of those lads might look at and think we are headed in the right direction and 'maybe' want to be a part of. But we should be bullish next year if we want either and go hard as hell to try and one or both here

The chances of getting Horne are quite remote imo. Unless someone bolts at the nationals, I think North would be fitting him out in a jumper already. But I think we should go very very hard to get Rankine or Lukosius next year when they come out of contract (assuming they don't sign on again). That we look to be building and have some very good people at coaching level might be something either of those lads might look at and think we are headed in the right direction and 'maybe' want to be a part of. But we should be bullish next year if we want either and go hard as hell to try and one or both here

You haven't pulled out any Playstation trades yet though - how about MCrouch and pick 4 for pick 1? Although they do run well in the midfield (apparently)..

Im lead to believe his Dad's issues were before the draft, yet Fischer was front and centre on draft night.

I thought i read somewhere earlier this year (was never able to verify), that his dad had a massive heart attack around the last Christmas period. Which was the reason i thought he spent so much time in Victoria over that time and wasnt training with the boys back in Adelaide, hence his poor fitness levels when he came back to pre seaon. Sounded like the kid had a rough summer.

Either way, sounds like life has settled down for him now, happy days ahead!!

Back