Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Yeah Crows aren't a sh*t show at all, you must be right.

Not like we've had an embarrassing fu** up that has had us lambasted in the media in the past week is it?
I noticed you didn't address your false statement re where I was supposed to have quoted or stated I had sources re McAsey staying or going.

Then again why would I be surprised you talk that much crap.

Like many others on this board that was my gut feel, nothing more, nothing less.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I noticed you didn't address your false statement re where I was supposed to have quoted or stated I had sources re McAsey staying or going.

Like many others on this board that was my gut feel, nothing more, nothing less.
Why don't you have him muted?

Spot on
Look at when we recruited Crocker
Crickets from other side of border

Surely you don't need help seeing the difference between a 2nd year top 10 pick and a DFA who got a lifeline.

If Crocker was worth anything, we'd hear about it, both good and bad.

WAG

The People's Captain
Mar 3, 2010
In the trenches.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Media: "Almost certain to request a trade home"

Fischer McAsey himself: "I always felt that I wanted to re-sign here" [...] "I didn't really feel that much of an urge to go home"
The media are that lazy, I'm surprised they didn't allege he was still affected by being tied to a tree and blasted with the Richmond team song.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I posted back in January that I have friends who know the McAseys well and they reported that his dad was very happy with the relationship with AFC and that Fish was quite content in Adelaide. Also, one of my friends' lads played with Fish in juniors and it was something of a joke that he never cracks a smile.

So yeah, I've been wondering what all the 'he's gone' crew were basing their certainty on.

coin flip certainty.

Go early then when a heads call, any of the many you make, comes up declare your “sources” impeccable

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I posted back in January that I have friends who know the McAseys well and they reported that his dad was very happy with the relationship with AFC and that Fish was quite content in Adelaide. Also, one of my friends' lads played with Fish in juniors and it was something of a joke that he never cracks a smile.

So yeah, I've been wondering what all the 'he's gone' crew were basing their certainty on.
Didn't someone with supposedly "insider" information say the opposite and he was certain to be gone, hence the "leak" to the media?

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

You do know it wasn't me who said you'd made the claims right?

All I said was you don't have any actual sources.

If you want to get a quote go talk to 'Betts are off'

I notice YOU didn't address MY point either, typical hypocritical deflection and avoidance from you.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
If I made a habit of it and was wrong 50% of the time...sure. But I don't and I wasn't.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the 'any of the many you make' remark.

You’ve got the wrong end of the stick, I was responding to your last paragraph

So yeah, I've been wondering what all the 'he's gone' crew were basing their certainty on.”

the “he’s gone crew” were coin flipping ready to strut if it came up heads

Back