Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmation that over 70% of this board have nfi lol....
I think this is a pretty harsh way to look at it. We've been conditioned to always assume the worst based on years of the club's rank incompetence. Can you really blame people for being touchy about player retention? We use to bleed players even when the club was winning games of footy. I'd argue the only supporter base that have suffered more than us are Carlton and St Kilda, though there issues aren't really about player retention.

I think this is a pretty harsh way to look at it. We've been conditioned to always assume the worst based on years of the club's rank incompetence. Can you really blame people for being touchy about player retention? We use to bleed players even when the club was winning games of footy. I'd argue the only supporter base that have suffered more than us are Carlton and St Kilda, though there issues aren't really about player retention.
Was a joke... ;)

Listening through that I think we all forget what impact COVID (and a rubbish year from your team) can have on a young lad moving away from home. Last year was such a different year for all first year players - not surprising that the list of unsigned players features a number of kids playing interstate

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, really good observation.

Honestly, it was just nice to hear him speak. He holds himself really well, and was extremely patient with the 438 different ways he was asked about whether he missed Melbourne / his family. Alot moreso than I would have been

Yeah, really good observation.

Honestly, it was just nice to hear him speak. He holds himself really well, and was extremely patient with the 438 different ways he was asked about whether he missed Melbourne / his family. Alot moreso than I would have been

Glad someone else called this out. Was a cringeworthy display.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone at the club please get fish to keep chatting to his old Caufield grammer mate Elijah..

just keep up a good connection in case elijah, once hes recovered from his knee injury, has difficulty getting a game in the suns team due to being behind Rowell, anderson etc etc in the pecking order..

Fish can keep letting elijah know how great adelaide life is and how good the new coaches and the vibe around club is..

wink, wink... nod, nod..

maybe wouldnt take much given Elijah is a mad keen crows supporter..

Seem an unlikely pair, Ned is in your face, loud and busy and fish seems quite shy reflective
Likely exactly why the club has paired then up that way in the hope Neddy can help bring Fischer out of himself, doesn't hurt either that Neddy is one player that has "bought in" 100% from the get go.

Last edited:
Back