Universal Love "Never Toumpas Apart" - Jimmy, I like your hustle, thats why it was so hard to cut you

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing in the SANFL grand final today for Port Magpies, his second grand final at SANFL level (played one with Woodville West Torrens before we drafted him). Aiden Riley is playing for Sturt.
Lucas Cook just played in a premiership for Port Melbourne in the VFL

Opportunity to taste success at the highest level. I always knew he had it in him.

You joke about success at a high level, but sometimes success really is found between the couch cushions or underneath the fridge.

You joke about success at a high level, but sometimes success really is found between the couch cushions or underneath the fridge.
Like when Homer was searching for the peanut and found $20.

Is there even room for the Toump now? He's still unsigned.

Port are going down the Crazy Vossy route with all these rejects. I expect Watts to do well but Trengove? Great bloke, but in an on field sense makes as much sense as us re signing James sellar.
Trenners can catch up with Toump while he's cleaning out his locker.

Is there even room for the Toump now? He's still unsigned.

Port are going down the Crazy Vossy route with all these rejects. I expect Watts to do well but Trengove? Great bloke, but in an on field sense makes as much sense as us re signing James sellar.
I wouldn't say full crazy vossy they did pick up decent but inconsistent players in watts and motlop, Rockliff is a solid player and they're all at a good age and didn't cost much. However you would feel that's all they needed to do but bringing in trengove McKenzie and possibly thomas seems way over the top. You would think they would learn after toumpas that trengove is done. I know they were really into him in his draft year, but if there was hope he could return to the player he was Melbourne wouldn't have delisted him. McKenzie I'm not sure about he seem to be good but if he can't crack it into gc there must be something wrong. Thomas well I need not to say.

Correct decision by Port.

Everyone fortunate enough to see Jimmy's relentless attack on the ball, composure in traffic and exquisite skills knows what a champion he can be. He just needs a good run at it to find his feet.

I predict a 40 goal+ season.

Correct decision by Port.

Everyone fortunate enough to see Jimmy's relentless attack on the ball, composure in traffic and exquisite skills knows what a champion he can be. He just needs a good run at it to find his feet.

I predict a 40 goal+ season.

You post is made even better because of your name

There just has to be a salary cap element to Ports recent decisions. Picking up delistees then resigning a bloke who must be on bare minimum. They must need a certain number on their list playing for the AFL equivalent of peanuts. Nothing else makes sense - unless of course they’ve gone collectively mad, which makes a bit of sense but not that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There just has to be a salary cap element to Ports recent decisions. Picking up delistees then resigning a bloke who must be on bare minimum. They must need a certain number on their list playing for the AFL equivalent of peanuts. Nothing else makes sense - unless of course they’ve gone collectively mad, which makes a bit of sense but not that much.
I think it's also about this draft. They have lots of spots and not a lot of good picks, so they'd rather take a flyer on Trenners/Cannon/Thomas for 12 months rather than give a 2 year deal to pick 99 in a shallow draft

I think it's also about this draft. They have lots of spots and not a lot of good picks, so they'd rather take a flyer on Trenners/Cannon/Thomas for 12 months rather than give a 2 year deal to pick 99 in a shallow draft

Congratulations on being literally the first non-Port supporter I’ve seen who understands this.

Congratulations on being literally the first non-Port supporter I’ve seen who understands this.

I'd give a young kid a stab on the main list for a couple of years rather than hanging on to Toumpas for one. At least there's a chance you might pull one out of the bag with a draftee.

I'd give a young kid a stab on the main list for a couple of years rather than hanging on to Toumpas for one. At least there's a chance you might pull one out of the bag with a draftee.
A young kid with pick 86, 95, 104 in the draft?

2016 only had 77 players picked
2015 with 70,
2014 with 76,
2013 with 67,
2012 with 68,
2011 with 75.

I honestly don't think there will be a young player worth getting with any of those 4 picks better than the worst player de-listed/retired (sorry Dawson) in such a shallow draft, even the 2001 super draft only about 74 players drafted.

2015 with 70,
2014 with 76,
2013 with 67,
2012 with 68,
2011 with 75.

I honestly don't think there will be a young player worth getting with any of those 4 picks better than the worst player de-listed/retired (sorry Dawson) in such a shallow draft, even the 2001 super draft only about 74 players drafted.

Toumpas could be the worst player on an AFL list, your numbers are flawed because there are plenty of players picked in the rookie draft who succeed.

Toumpas could be the worst player on an AFL list, your numbers are flawed because there are plenty of players picked in the rookie draft who succeed.
We also have rookie picks that we intend on using.

Outside of any official changes we have:
4 or 5 on the rookie list (depending if our cat-b rookie becomes a cat-a)
34 on the senior list.

So that leaves us with 6 or 7 remaining list spots to fill with draft picks and rookie picks. That means we are likely to use picks 46, 49, 59, and 62 on draft picks and 2-3 picks remaining on rookies.

2015 with 70,
2014 with 76,
2013 with 67,
2012 with 68,
2011 with 75.

Well then, you enjoy your club's "better the potato you know" policy.

The Toump as Braveheart:

53a852b35432388895f9a6e39dc4b42d

Suprised he got another year on Ports list tbh.

Who would have guessed Port would have our no 1 pick from 08, no 2 from 09 and ni 3 from 12 on their list

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back